• I'm the Cherno Farmer- US

• US-1 related chat here
US-1 related chat here
 #5176  by ThurmanMerman

----------------------------
Thurman Merman
USA
-6:00 UCT
Usually scout for teams, and murder them, or camps, and leave dirty notes in the tents, but here, I'm a farmer.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040825046/
----------------------------

The guy who farms right next to the side door of the police station. I have a few rules* I live by:

i) I farm - can't loot unless crops are in the ground;

ii) I cannot leave Cherno (*I may now loot the suburbs N or Cherno - an one weekend day, can run anywhere on the S coast). If I die, I must immediately run back observing rule ii).b
b. I may only loot the first police station I cross, any train car, * any car wrecks, and any shed, until I have healthy, improvised backpack, seeds, canteen, fertilizer and a farming implement;

iii) I cannot initiate violence. This morning, I played for 5 hours - met dozens of people. Killed only those who attacked me;

iv) I do not stop others from committing violence unless I determine, using reasonable judgment, that I am also in danger (i.e., a guy kept me company this morning, I farmed, he tied up fresh spawns and fed them disinfectant). I let him be;

v) I always [s]trade[/s] *give if someone asks for something (* and will always part with half any individual ammo stack if asked) - this morning, I parlayed some .45 ACP into a Blaze w pristine hunter's scope and ammo - it took many iterations, but good karma, mates.

That's about it. Hope to see you in Cherno.

(I'm "[9] Thurman Merman" on Steam - and almost always play under the Thurman name.)

* had to edit my rules on 3/29 because it was getting a little bleak.
Last edited by ThurmanMerman on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
 #5178  by Hudson

US-2 I presume?
Sadly, as I am unable to become whitelisted, I won't be able to experience this masterpiece of a farm you are going to build, nor would I be able to contribute or trade.
I am on US-1 though, if you're ever in the area and want some unexpected good social colonization, from a server you wouldn't expect it from.
 #5182  by Hudson

ThurmanMerman wrote:No, I'm on 1, too. I won't join FB to get whitelisted.
I respect that. I also play on US-1, though am trying to become whitelisted. I am apparently too young to participate.
If you ever run across me on US-1, know that I am a friendly traveler who only means to keep order/ and gather supplies during the apocalypse. I hope we can pass each other by, with a wave. Not with firearms. However, reading your post and what you plan to do. I will gladly come contribute what supplies I can, and man-power to offer. Also can help you with an effective trading post if you are interested in setting that up.
 #5183  by MadVlad

Dude I just ran into you in the middle of nowhere. What a random encounter haha, even better to see you here on the forums.

Best of luck to you amigo, if you ever need an extra hand or a guardian angel to watch over you Mad Vlad is your guy!
 #5184  by Hudson

Are you still in Cherno? I've been hanging around Vybor and Pustoshka in the event that a friendly face comes by. So far I've only one interaction that didn't end positively for the other party, sadly... They did not want to cooperate.
 #5197  by MadVlad

Caledric wrote:Would be awesome to have someone like you on US2, I understand the FB thing though.
The facebook thing put me off for months, finally bit the bullet(my girl's always pushed me to get on that madhouse too) and made a FB profile. Kind of creepy getting friend requests from people I haven't seen or spoken to in over a decade haha.

So I understand where Mr Cherno Farmer is coming from.
 #5198  by Hudson

In any situation, it is just up to the individual I suppose. As I do not have a Twitter account, never have had one, nor plan to acquire one; I figured that would be sufficient reason to not whitelist me. I can understand why they would want such information and social media connection, especially for player identification and good character judgment. There are a lot of weirdos out there, and assuming they use Facebook as a means of filtering those out, it can be effective for some... But not all. And there are plenty of people, such as yourself Mr Cherno Farmer and MadVlad (at one time, I suppose) who definitely fit the whitelist criteria, however not the prerequisite of Facebook accounts.
On a different scale, though used as a metaphor : Kind of like a very well skilled and educated doctor, with a voided medical license who is unable to legally perform duty. Sorry if that didn't make sense, but my mind wanders.
 #5199  by MadVlad

Hudson wrote: ............On a different scale, though used as a metaphor : Kind of like a very well skilled and educated doctor, with a voided medical license who is unable to legally perform duty. Sorry if that didn't make sense, but my mind wanders.
Hahaha that last bit certainly was good for a hearty chuckle!