Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Jenny's story.

• Tell your day-to-day stories here
Tell your day-to-day stories here
 #4150  by Jedi Brittany

OHHH SNAP! I must find her and convince her that she's a cannibalistic psychopath! :devil:
 #4152  by Jenny P

I ran from the bit of solace I had found in this little house, I had noticed there was more buildings around me and that I should really start searching for supplies if i was going to survive.

I found a sack of some kind, now if I cold find some rope maybe I cold make it into a backpack. That would help with carrying any other supplies that I could find. As I really wasn't going to fit much in these jeans.

I found some more food and eventually some warmer clothes, trousers with pockets! Yes! Even more storage!
I carried on following the road around it led me past more houses and what looked like a store?! I found a couple of water bottles and some more food.

I eventually ran past a sign, it looked like bepe3NHO? I carried on running up the road just following it taking in the scenery. I spotted a tower in the distance, what was that?! It had houses around it. Oww more supplies I thought. The place I was running to had a sign as well. AybopoBKa? At least I knew those two were close together and if I needed to I could always find my way back, just about.

I continued on my journey, I found another sign it looked very similar to the last one but with a huge word in front of it. I searched more houses finding a bag of rice and a gun, Do I really need that? I took it anyway, I hadn't seen any animals but it would come in handy if I did. Luckily the ammo I had already found fit in it. I was so meant to have this gun!

I found another well and sat for a moment thinking. At least I was snug now, I had found myself a scarf and a hat and it had made all the difference.

I continued, still following the road. I saw something out of the corner of my eye that looked out of place, was that a truck?! The door was open... was someone around, I took cover between the wall and a hay bale looked around in a panic, but there was no one around. Why would someone just abandon a truck? I got in and tried to start it but I couldn't get it to turn over. Maybe it was missing some parts, I wasn't going to hang around to find out. But I made a mental note of it, maybe if i found some parts I could get it working?

I looked around the area for some more supplies and found myself some matches. Now we're talking, I could make myself a fire and maybe cook up some of this rice int he pot I had found.

OH look a castle! Feeling adventurous, I went to explore. The woods surrounding it were beautiful and when I got to it I realised it was in ruins but luckily one tower still remained. I wonder what the view from the top would be like?

I went up to the top and looked around me, this place wherever it was, was HUGE! I could see for miles. The wind was whipping around me again and I started to feel a bit chilly. I headed back into the castle carefully walking down the stairs. I didn't want to get this far just to fall down some stairs now!

I cut myself some wood with the axe I found earlier and started a fire. I sat pondering at the sheer beauty and size of this land, it was just outstanding. But where were all the people? I had not seen a soul and all the houses I had come across were empty and looked abandoned. What had happened here?

I feel myself drifting off by the fire, it had been a long day maybe a few hours shut eye wouldn't do me any harm........
 #4154  by Jedi Brittany

What next?!
 #4159  by Jenny P

The fire still has embers in it, I couldn’t of been asleep too long, but it was enough. I run through the woods from the castle, feeling very disorientated. Luckily for me I run across a road, now which way do I go? Left or right? I decide on left, I spot the barn I had run past to get to the castle, opposite which is a sign and a turning the name started with what looked like an rBo3AhO? I really need to learn Russian!

Whilst running down the road I spot a house off the main road and down a little track, I’ll go and check it out I do need some more food. JACKPOT!!! A bag of rice and 2 tins, thank you thank you thank you. I don’t know who I was thanking but hey, thank you none the less.

I ran out of the house and followed the track down into the woods then it just stops, Oh no! Lost in the woods awesome….. I continue running and spot a town in the distance, civilization? People? I hope so.

I continue running, Owww a rail track! I’m getting closer to something big then! I see a huge building, it kind of looks like a school I spot a sign up the road so I got to find out where I am even if I can’t understand maybe I could remember for when I do, Or at least remember how to get back here. CEBEPOrPA and a weird A type thing on the end. Ok. I turn around and look behind me, This place is pretty huge, maybe I could find some more supplies.

I head to the school building, I felt kind of drawn to it. I was looking around the cars outside before I went in and out of the corner of my eye I see something moving, I stop say hello he turns and looks in my direction it’s a person, he has no gun out but i’m scared, I hide behind the guard house still talking to him, he tells me his name is Jacob and asks me mine. “Well I’m not sure of my real one but I have called myself Jane for now, you are the first person I have seen here”. He edges closer and tells me I am only the second person he has met. I feel a bit more at ease but not much I edge closer towards him, asking him what had happened here? Where was everyone?

He told me of the infection, the zombies and the bandits. He had just finished his care course and was backpacking with friends when the infection hit, he is now running as a medic trying to help anyone he can.

Well at least the first person I met was a good one.

After taking a few moments to take everything in, he asks if I would like some company on my onward journey. I jumped at the chance to not be on my own anymore, “YES PLEASE!” I say excitedly.
“Ok” he chuckles, “do you want to loot this town then we can move on?” he asks
“Sounds like a plan to me.” I say.

We carry on searching houses I find myself a new jacket. It’s a darker green than the last one and had more pockets to store stuff in.

Jacob was busy sorting some things out, so I continued searching in the general area that he was in. I was just running out of the shed when I see someone running past, they have a gun out. I don’t really want to startle them, that could end badly!

“Hello” I say softly.
“Hi” She says Ooooo another girl!!
Trying to hide my excitement as she did after all still have her gun out. I asked if she was ok. She seemed extremely weary.
“Are you friendly” She asks
“Well I am if you are….” I state.
“Ok, I’ll put my gun away.” She said. I could see she felt torn, like there was something else going on, but she seemed friendly enough and I wasn’t in a position to argue with company right now.
She asked me to get in the green house that was near us. But what about Jacob. I start shouting him.
“Who’s Jacob” she asks
“Oh he’s the person I met down the road, he’s a medic don’t worry, he’s friendly”
I shout him with no avail. I ask the ladies name and she tells me it is Nightshade, She asks mine and I tell her it’s Jane.

I ask her how long she had been here, she tells me she wasn't sure they all seem to merge together. She asked me if I needed anything as she had plenty of provisions as that was kind of her thing, she liked helping people that didn’t have much, or that needed help. I felt very lucky to have the two people I had met first to be such kind and giving people.

We both decided to continue our search of the city, I spotted Jacob so I started shouting him. Nightshade warned me that there may be bad men in the area. I stopped shouting till I got closer to him, he turned and recognised me. “I found a new person, She’s really nice. She has a similar role to you.” I said.
He had changed his clothes he was in what looked like a medic outfit now. “OO don’t you look snazzy!” I said.
Nightshade told s both of a safe haven, a ‘Greenzone’ where everyone was welcome and could get aid and help if needed. She said that there would probably be more people. I trusted her, she had not given me any reason not too.

We continued on our Journey, every place we came across I asked Nightshade what the name was so I could remember and as we didn’t have time to check the signs. Svergino…. Then Novo… We stopped in ‘Novo’ for a drink and some food, It had been quite a run. Nightshade asks if I am ok, I didn’t quite know what to say. Not really I said, I just wish I could remember something. “It’ll come back to you eventually” she said

We continued running, she said something that moved me a little. She told me I reminded her of some she had met once the person that had made her want to be who she was. I thought that was sweet it made me trust her more, she seemed like a very sincere person but there was still something, I wouldn’t say off but just something. I could feel it.

We were running up the road past some industrial buildings when I see movement in the trees up ahead.
“There is someone in those bushes! I saw them” I said as I run into the industrial area seeking cover and to get a better angle on whatever or whoever it was. Nightshade and Jacob had both said that the zombies were up this way.

I managed to find a wall to hide behind that I could peek round with my gun and scope to the area which I saw the movement.
I hear twigs breaking behind me and spin round with my gun up. It’s Jacob.
“Dude, you can’t just sneak up on people like that. You scared the crap out of me!”

We had lost Nightshade.We decide to look for her and regroup at the bus stop in 10 mins. I search to no avail.
I head to the bus stop. something is running towards me WHAT THE F**K is that?! I ran behind the back of the bus stop he was talking to me. I couldn’t understand him he had a very thick accent. He looked like a bush!! I hear Nightshade she is telling me he’s ok that she knows him. I’m still very weary. He told me his name was Wilkes Booth.

We continue on our journey to Svetlo. once we reach our destination Nightshade leads Jacob and I to the medical building and tells Jacob he can have anything he needs to help him gear up. We decide that we will regroup at the church in 15mins.

I had taken in a lot today so I just took myself off into a quiet room and sat and thought. Infection? Zombies? A ‘Greenzone’? A bush man? My parents? If I even had any? Were they alive, infected, dead? I felt the tears filling my eyes. How was any of this possible? I started to panic my heart was racing like i’d just run a marathon and I was finding it hard to breath. Calm down I tell myself it’ll be fine.

I walk around trying to calm myself down, i’m still afraid but not as much as I once was. Jacob spots me and runs up to me “Hey Jane there is something I think you might want round here.” he stops just round the corner. “Jane do you think we can trust these guys?” He asks “Well Jacob, they haven’t given us any reason not to.” I say, He concurs and we head back to the church. where the bush man and Nightshade are waiting for us.

We head in the church and just have a little chit chat you know small talk. Nightshade suggests setting up camp here for the night as it is going to get dark soon. But Wilkes wants to continue on to Berezino? Nightshade said she is tired and has had a long day, I see her leaning up against the wall her eyes are heavy and she starts drifting off.

Seeing this makes me feel really tired……
 #4175  by Jenny P

I must of fallen asleep, I woke up and there was no one around. I started to panic a little but I remember Wilkes mentioning something about heading out of town towards the sea. So obviously I start running, I couldn’t of been out for very long as I soon stumble across Jacob and the bush man.

Wilkes tells us to follow him, he leads us down the road for a little bit. This guy really does worry me, he seems troubled. Is it a controllable troubled or …?

He turns off into the woods, I see what seems to be the wreck of a ship. It is amazing, I can’t believe what I am seeing. What is this place? He leads us all the way to the top, it really is beautiful up here. We sat down on the top deck watching the stars overhead. This place, yes it was creepy but beautiful in the kind of messed up way.

The bush man wanted to head to Berezino it seemed, to find cover before it rained.
We arrived in Berezino, It looked kind of familiar but not enough for me to say anything to them. We ran into and industrial area when Wilkes ran off, He needed to go and do something apparently. Jacob and I decided to continue our journey, as we got a bit further down the road I realised this was the first place I had ever run across.

I remembered Jacob mentioning earlier he was looking for saline, I also remembered there was a hospital up in the town above this one. So I suggest we go and see what we can find.
I’m helping him search for saline when I come across a blood testing kit on the floor, without even thinking I test my blood OO O - That’s really good. “JACOB, You might want to come and take some of my blood I’m O-, I’m a unicorn!” I say
Why had I said it like that? It seemed a bit strange.
Anyway, I let him take my blood. Oh wow, boy did that make me feel dizzy and sick. I had to sit down for a minuet and eat and drink.
I did not feel well at all but the blood would regenerate eventually.

Jacob and I parted ways. I needed to find somewhere to rest and give my body a chance to recover some blood before running anywhere.

Once I was feeling better I wondered if I should wait for Wilkes or head back to somewhere safe?
Hmmmmmm…
Well at least I know I’m safe up there, As I wander out of the town I notice the road sign. Oww I could write down the Russian and with knowing the english name, write myself a Russian alphabet translation, once I get back to Svetlojorsk I do the same with that town name.

I run to the church and just sit writing down the characters and their English translations, maybe this will help me in the future to work out where I am.

I could really do with a map that would help me even more. I found something else that could be of help to me, a walkie talkie it had no battery in it though. Maybe if I found one, someone would be listening?

I wander around town for a battery or a map, but find neither.
As I run back to the church I hear fizzing and a red light. What the hell is that? I run into the church and shut the doors. Hello?! Helloooo?! Is anyone out there?! I heard nothing so I ran back out and saw another one this one landed at the side of the church, It was a flare. Was this a sign of some sort?

Wilkes turns up with his gun out, obviously on alert. He tells me to get in cover and not come out till he tells me.
I don’t know how long he had been but it felt like ages. I hear him shouting, “Janeeee all is fine. It was probably just a prank.”

He asks me what I want to do. I’m pretty thirsty so suggest that we go to the well, he runs down with me then pops off to search some houses. after I’d finished drinking I head down the road. I see a big cream building it looks pretty important so I head inside just to have a look around. When I hear bush man screeching my name.

“Where are you?” He asks.
“I’m in some head quarters type building? It’s got a piano downstairs.” I answer
“Ok well don’t come out this door, there is a dead body” He say’s
“W..Why is there a dead body?” I ask apprehensively.
“Just don’t come out this door Ok, I don’t want you to see this.” He says
“Ok, where shall I go?” I ask.
“Actually, yeah just come out here, you can have some of this stuff if you want.” He said.

I wander out the door he is standing behind, surely enough just lying on the ground is a dead man. I knelt down to feel his skin, He was cold to the touch.
“he hasn’t got a pulse. He must of been dead awhile, he’s freezing” I state.
“Oh, how do you know to do that?” He asks
How did I know what to do?!
“Umm instinct I guess?” I say.
We continue looking at the gear. he asks me if i want the aviators that this poor man had been wearing. I spot he has a lot of military gear including a beret.
“Was this guy military?” I ask bush man.
“Yeh I’m pretty sure he was.” He said.
“How on earth did he die? Most of his stuff is badly damaged and his beret is totally ruined! Are you sure we are safe here?” I ask
“Yeah we’re fine I’ve checked out the surrounding area already.” He says
This made me feel better, I turn around and spot a tent of some sort. It was huge! I go to have a look, it’s just full of food along with a note from Chef bananas. I don’t take anything but put a bag of rice in the tent. It felt good, really good.

I heard a god awful droning noise. “What the hell is that?” I ask Wilkes. “It’s just a truck, don’t worry they are friendly” He replies.
The noise was too much for me, I run into the safety of the church. It was funny how I had found sanctuary in a church, that it was my safe place.

The noise had stopped now. Maybe I should go out and say hello. First person I meet tells me his name is Nathaniel Novak and he is a commonwealth medic. Another medic, that was 3 I had met now. I walk over the the other person, he’s just looking at me in a sort of disbelief. What? Did I have something on my face?

I asked him his name and he told me he was Cpl Polstrika, and he was a guardian for the commonwealth. He had a green beret on as well so I assumed that the dead guy had also been part of the commonwealth.

He’s still looking at me funny. He asks me my name. “I’m calling myself Jane” I tell him. “Well I don’t think that is your real name, is it?” he’s implying something. “Well no, but it’ll just have to do for now. I can’t remember who I am.” I tell him.
He then proceeded to tell me he knew me. He knew me?! How does he know me? “I used to work security for you on some of your tents you used to own and run.” He said. What was going on right now. “You are a very good person, you have helped a lot of people.” What was he on about?! This was too much.
“He’s freaking me out” I whispered to Wilkes.
He then in a very confrontational manner asked Cpl Polstrika “ What did you say to her?”
I felt like my head was spinning, my heart was racing again. What was.. Just… but Nightshade had said something similar to me the other day but she actually said a name. Ugh what was it?!

Wilkes enters the church asks me if I am Ok. “I’m not sure” I told him. “But I wouldn’t mind getting away from here.” I said. “Ok sure, where do you want to go?” Before I could answer. “Come with me, I have something I want to show you” He said.
I follow him to the little kiosk on the edge of the road. He tells me “My mum owned this store, that she was here everyday without fail. or maybe it was my wife, ya know memories a funny thing isn’t it. Unfortunately they have both been dead for many years.” He seemed sad. Did she really own this store or was it just a coping mechanism? So he had something to remind him?

We decided to head back to Novo, just to get me used to the roads around Svetlo. As apparently that is where I would be spending a lot of my time.
As we were running I was thinking about what Nightshade and Cpl Polstrika had said to me. Nightshade had said pretty much the same as Cpl Polstika…. but Nightshade just said I reminded her of her whereas Polstrika seemed determined that's who I was. Wilkes could obviously see the look of confusion on my face. And asked me as he had done many times if I was Ok.
I decided I could trust this bush man. So I opened up to him.
I told him of what Polstrika had said to me and that he was the second person to tell me something like that. He asked me “Did Polstrika give you a name?” “No” I reply “But Nightshade did.” I add. “What did Nightshade tell you you reminded her of? A teacher, maybe a cop?” he asked.

“No, She said I reminded her of a nurse……………."
"Well you do kind of look like a Nurse.." he said.
 #4181  by Jenny P

It repeated for some reason.
Last edited by Jenny P on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #4182  by Jenny P

was alone, Wilkes had to go and take care of something. Well I could head into Novo or I could head back to Svetlo.
I bet you can guess what I did? Yep I headed back to the safety of Svetlo.

Once I got there I met some new people, they seemed friendly enough. They told me their names, Kam, DK and Mitch. They seemed nice enough they asked me my name and I told them. “Oh you are miss Doe? We have heard A LOT about you”
“Oh really?” I ask. “I have only been here a few days” I state.
“They have been spreading vile and vicious rumors about you, And seem to be set on destroying any reputation you may have built.” They said.
“Who would do such a thing?” I ask “I only know of five people besides you and none of them really know me, I mean how could they I don’t even know myself. Who is it that has been spreading such horrible things about me?” I ask.
“I won’t speak their name out loud, if you have a pen and a piece of paper I will write down the name for you.” He says.
He finishes writing the note and hands it back to me with the pen, I read it but at the bottom it tells me not to speak of it. Who is this person? And why are they so set against me?

I asked the men what they did for a living, they told me they were bounty hunters. Sounds very interesting, they tell me it is but it’s a lot of paperwork, which is boring. I’d imagine any paperwork to be boring, especially that that you HAD to do. I ask them a bit more about themselves and how long they had been here, just getting to know them really. It was nice to meet some more people, they seemed really nice, It seemed I had only met the nice ones so far.

We continued chatting.
“That's a nice gun you’ve got there, you should get a scope for it.” said Mitch
“I’ve been looking I said but I haven’t managed to find one yet” I replied
“Well I think one of the lads has got one, you should ask him what he wants for it.” Said Mitch
The other man places the scope on the ground. “This is my offer for this transaction, What can you offer me?” said DK
“I don’t know, what would you like?” I asked
“An M4?” He said.
“What is an M4?” I ask “It is a type of gun, we were offered it earlier to kill you” He stated.
“Have you got any beans?” he asked
“No, I ate them sorry. I have peaches, rice and 4 tins of spaghetti.” I said
“A tin of peaches would sweeten this deal, but it needs to be opened at 100%” He said.
100%?! I only have a stone. I’m going to spill it everywhere.
“I only have one tin, so that is unlikely to happen. But I’ll see what I can do.” I said
I sat and carefully opened the tin, trying my best not to spill a drop. I really wanted that scope, it would be really good for hunting.
“I DID IT!” I exclaim. “There you are one 100% tin of peaches.” I handed him the peaches and he handed me the scope. “Thank you” I said as I fumbled about with my gun attaching the scope to it. “No problem” He said.
then it dawned on me what he had said during our trade.
“Someone offered you an M4 to kill me?” I asked.
“Yes but don’t worry his reasons were not good enough for us to fulfil the bounty. His words they were from a place of pure hatred, we do not kill people purely because someone does not like them.” He said.
They told me his name.
“Well at least you are honorable, I just don’t understand how someone can be like that when they don’t even know me.” I said.
“Well maybe if you truly want to find out who you are, you should talk to him. He might hold the key to everything you want to know.” he suggested.
“We could set up a meeting for you, so you two could chat?” He asked.
“Well surely it’s not going to go well, if he already blindly hates me?” I said.
“We can set some rules up, we think it would really help you remember who you are. Of course there will be a charge for this service, all it will cost is three tins of 100% peaches.”
“I don’t have any right now.” I state.
“Well that’s ok, we’ll give you a few days” Said Kam from in the distance.
“We really want to help you find out who you are.” They said.
“Ok, Well in that case I’m going to run along to Berezino and search round for some peaches to pay you with.” I say.
“Ok safe travels” They say
“Take care and be safe” I reply.
I start to run away “ Good luck” I hear them shout.

On my way to Berezino I meet Wilkes he’s in a truck at the roadblock. He tells me we’ll need gas soon and eventually pulls into a gas station. I get out and help him fill up the tank as we only have our canteens. This could take forever…..

I tell him that SFG want to help me remember who I am. Considering he is the one that scared the crap out of me when I first met him, I felt closest to him. I was starting to trust him. I ask him if he knows the person that had asked SFG to kill me, he tells me “he’s alright. He’s not good and he’s not bad, he’s never done me wrong.”
“I really don’t understand why he wants me dead? What have I ever done to him. I don’t even know him for god sake.” I ranted.
He stayed quiet then he muttered something. I didn’t quite catch it but it sounded like that explains something… I asked him what he had said. “Oh nothing, just talking to myself ya know”
Why do I feel like he knows more than he is letting on. I get a horrible feeling in my stomach. Something is going on here. I’m not sure what but my instincts are screaming at me.

We eventually finish filling up the tank and go on the hunt for a fuel can, as topping up with a canteen really wasn’t very efficient at all.
Well at least that’s what he told me we were doing.

We drove up to some place it was past where I had met Nightshade and Jacob. Where was he taking me?

He hadn’t spoken to me very much, it was making me nervous. He caught me looking at him and said in a confrontational tone “What are you looking at?!” I looked away very quickly, why was he so defensive? What was going on?

We pull up at a well, I hop out as I am really thirsty. Wilkes has already finished drinking when he pulls his gun out. I move round to the other side of the well to continue drinking so I can see him clearly. He’s just holding it in his hands, not doing much. Then he points it at me. “What the hell are you doing?” I say as I run behind a fence. He laughs and just hops back in the truck. I scope in on him should I take the shot? Do I really want to kill him? My fingers on the trigger, I have a perfect head shot. I lower my gun and walk back to the truck. I hop in “I could of killed you if I wanted to, just remember that!” At least he can’t do anything to me while we are in the truck. Probably better to be with him, than separated at least I can keep an eye on him.

We pull up to a gas station I have no idea where I am. There is no one around, which seemed to be normal for this place.
I get out of the truck my instincts were telling me to run, should I listen? I feel him looking at me, my heart is racing what was happening? I stay in the truck. Frozen not knowing what to do, he gets back in and starts driving again.

He is driving us towards some woods. This is not good. “Jane, I’m sorry someone has sent a request for your death” He said he sounded conflicted. “But I haven’t done anything wrong” I state
he said nothing. Just continued driving, he was driving up a hill into the middle of nowhere. I was panicking had he locked the doors I didn’t seem to be able to open them. I needed to get out of this truck. I needed to get away. He hit a tree and it seemed to unlock the door, I flung it open and without a second thought bailed out of the moving truck. I ran and didn’t stop. I AM NOT GOING TO DIE TODAY! I am not going to die today! I AM.NOT.going to die today! I say this to myself as I run away. I can’t hear his truck any more, but it doesn’t mean he’s not after me.

I see a cattle shed in the distance. BANG a shot goes off near by. I scream, it was really close to me. I’ll take cover in the cattle shed and catch my breath. I couldn’t see or hear anyone behind me. I was safe for now. But I should probably run back to a place that I knew.
I see the gas station I was just at. I head towards the industrial area near by when BANG another shot how the hell did he find me? I ran behind an abandoned truck, He told me he just wanted to talk to me. “I’m sorry, it was a stupid joke.” He moves round the side of the truck. I move back into the building behind me.

I ask him in a rather confrontational manner “Who would want me dead? I only know a handful of people?!”
“Well maybe they know you from before” He said.
“Well how is that fair? I haven’t even met them!” I said.
“I can help you find them, I can help you find yourself. Look i’ll drop my guns on the floor.”
He did as he said. Look he said I’ll give you my most prized possession, a note from my wife. It was the last thing I ever got before she died and I trust you to look after it.
Yeah or you are just going to kill me and get it off my dead body…..
I pick up the note and tell him to turn around so I can see any movement quickly.
I start to read it.
*Note* I request the death of jane doe……
“Umm Wilkes I think you have given me the wrong note?” I ask puzzled. I read him the first line. “I’m pretty sure your wife didn’t write you this.” I stated.
“Oh... I gave you that note.”
He sounded worried. He asked if he could have it back. I told him to stay put and continued reading.
who i am is not important...payment will be made upon completion...once again who i am is not important and i shall not reveal my identity...if you wondering about payment i say go to the small chapel in the town south west of svetlo...once she is no more a great bounty shall be waiting...once again my identity is not important...i am no one, i am everyone...for the greater good!!! *End of Note*

For the greater good who the F**K?!

I walk over and pick up his guns and tell him to get in the building and against the pillar.
I needed to ask him questions I need to know more.

“Who hired you” I ask
“ I don’t know, I have a barrel near Svet anyone can just drop a note in their with a request.” he said.
“What is the greater good?” I ask.
“I don’t know It might have something to do with the Green zone?” he says
I point his gun at his leg “What is the price of someone's life? Is it really worth killing another human being for an M4?”
“No, no it isn’t but I have to survive as well, you have to understand I do not do these things out of choice.” he said.
I lower my gun. I could see a glimmer of sadness maybe in his eye.
“I have no reason to kill you” he told me.
He seemed genuine. I drop his guns on the floor in front of him and tell him he can have them back when I turn round he’s pointing a gun at my head.
Oh for fucks sake! I knew it.
“If I’d of wanted to kill you a I could of, just remember that” and lowers his gun.
 #4183  by Jenny P

Stupid thing
Last edited by Jenny P on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #4261  by Jenny P

CHAPTER 5

After my run in with Wilkes we had continued our onward journey had a nice fire, chatted about nothing in particular and then both fallen asleep.

When I woke up he wasn’t around, so I decided to continue my journey back to Svetlo. I had heard a rumor that there was something there I must see. This had made me very curious but after yesterday's ordeal it was not the top of my priority list.

I have too much to think about right now.

While I’m running back to ‘Safety’ I think over what had happened. He could of killed me if he wanted. But did I really trust him? He was the only person that hadn’t tried to convince me of who I was…… though he seemed to know exactly who I am.

I see the petrol station in the distance and it snaps me out of my thoughts. I scan around for any nasty people around the outskirts of town. All seems quiet, for now.

I run into the church, sit down on the floor and eat. I was so hungry. While I’m eating I hear a voice, It’s a female voice she is just singing to herself. Must be a source of comfort or maybe it was meant to terrify those around her.

Who was this woman?

“Hello” I say in a questioning tone.
“Oh hi Jenny” She said.
Ok so she was calling me Jenny as well. What the hell.
We chatted for a little while, it was nice to meet another woman, she was only the second one I had met infact.
“Why did you call me Jenny?” I ask
“Because that is your name.” She replies
“So people keep telling me” I state with distaste.

She seemed genuinely happy to see me. Maybe she did know me from before. I don’t know it seemed most people thought they knew me. It was getting frustrating.

She told me stories of a girl she used to know, she seemed so happy when she was telling them. They sounded fun as well in a kind of messed up way. Then she told me that the girl in the story was me, that I had done those things with her and that we were best friends and she had missed me. I saw something flash across her eyes, I’m not sure what it was.

We hear a shot and it disrupts the moment. We look around to see if we can find the person but have no luck, we go up into the house with a piano in it. I hear singing, is that drunken sailor?! It sounds as if it's getting closer.
“hello?!” We shout.
“SUSAN, SUSAN is that you?!” He shouts.
The door bursts open and in runs a man. He turns and looks at me.
“Susan, I really don’t like what you have done with your hair.” He tells me.
“Sorry who is Susan? And what is wrong with my hair?” I ask.
“You don’t remember, I understand” He says starting to cry.
He runs off wailing. Poor guy. Red had been stood giggling.
“I take it you know him?” I ask.
“Yes that is Christian, I wouldn’t worry he thinks most new people are Susan.” She says
We walked downstairs and out onto the street Christian is stood outside.
“You want some ice cream?” he asks.
We follow him to what looks like a pub. He walks out the back behind the curtain to find Susan, He seems a little unbalanced but I felt comfortable.

I feel at ease with these people.

Red tells me to follow her, she has something to show me.
We arrive near the edge of town by a tall chimney. She tells me we had a fire right here and were cutting up the bodies of the people that committed suicide from the tower.
“You were one of us” She says.

She starts singing a song, it seems familiar, very familiar.

I hear Christian giggling in the distance, we run over to where it sounds like it is coming from.
“Let's play hide and seek” he says.
“Ok you two go and hide i’ll count” Says red.
I run and hide in one the train carriages. I hear her find Christian. I can’t help but giggle, this is so much fun. I had that song stuck in my head now! I couldn’t help sing it out loud.
“Ring a ring a Rosie, a pocketful of posies, Ashes, Ashes, We all fall down.”
Red started singing it with me.
I felt like I had known them for ages. It was a strange feeling. The same one I had had with Wilkes, like I already knew them. It was possible….. I guess. I had no memory of who I was but I guess the heart never forgets, they must of been important to me, nothing had felt this familiar for a while. I really did feel like I was home……
 #4262  by Jenny P

I needed to talk to Wilkes, maybe he could help me make sense of all this. I had no idea where to find him now, I hadn’t seen him for days. Though that may be a good thing, our last meeting was rather intense.

I had ended up in severograd again, just running with people searching for more items that could be useful.

I looked around the usual places for him, but there was no sign of him anywhere. I put out a call on the radio hoping that maybe he might hear it or someone would pass it along.

Soon after I get a call back telling me to meet him at the edge of Svetlo in the very last house towards Berezino.

I run back, What am I going to ask him? Am I going to ask him anything. Do I just talk to him about what happened with Red or should I bring up the other day? I didn’t think there was anymore to discuss on that front, he’d said if he’d of wanted to kill me he would of… so that was it surely.

I didn’t know whether I could trust him or not, but I felt he was the only one I could possibly trust, he’d not tried to force me to remember, he’d just let it be and been there to talk to when needed and dropped subtle hints. He definitely knew, but did I want to know? Did I really want to know who I was. Or did I just want to continue on the path I was on, surely if I had blacked it out it can’t of been good? What had I done to make me forget?

I felt anxious, I didn’t feel like a bad person. I always seemed to want to help people but I couldn’t help but feel as if Red was right, I mean she had told me stories and she seemed so happy to have found me. But then they’re not exactly sane so they could be playing games with me? But then couldn’t anyone?

Couldn’t literally anyone tell me anything? I had to work out who I could trust and that started with Wilkes.

I was almost there, I still hadn’t really worked out what I wanted to know or why I was even meeting him. I just felt like I needed to.

I walk up to the house and see him through the window sat on the sofa.
“Hey’ I’m here” I shout.
“Come on in” He says
I walk in the house, he’s just chilling on the sofa. He tells me to take a seat next to him.
“I’ll just sit on the floor” I say.
“So what do you want to talk to me about?” He asks
“I don’t really know, it’s just been a hell of a few days and I needed someone to talk to.” I tell him.
He ask me what is on my mind, and I tell him everything that has happened the last few days.
“Do you think that is who you are?” He asks me.
“I’m not sure, I just I really don’t know what to believe.” I say.
“Well I know who you are, I was just hoping you’d remember on your own.” He says.
“How do you know me?” I ask
“We’ve been good friends for a while now, ever since the day you saved my life. I was shot on a beach. Bleeding out. Close to death and you ran up and you saved me. You never asked me for anything in return you just helped me. I vowed to you after that, that I would never lie to you or interfere with the medics and protect you as best I could.” He said. He was just staring out of the window he seemed sad.

“So I am a medic then?” I ask.

“You are the medic, and the people of chernarus need you back.” He said.

“But you are not her, and we need her back. Their are more powerful things at play here than you or I Jane.” He said. I saw the guilt fleck across his face.

“Jane this is my last favor to you, before I have to do something.” he said.

“I’m afraid there are people that would rather see the world crumble than have you live.” He says as he pulls out his gun.

He looks at me, I could see the sadness in his eyes.
“Have you got anything you would like to say?” He asks.
I can’t answer, I can’t even open my mouth. I feel the tears coming to my eyes. I should run. I should really run but I can’t move. I drop my head and shake it.
Then it all went black.