Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• So I'm Not Trustful

• Two men enter, one man leaves...
Two men enter, one man leaves...
 #1285  by JeSTeR

I think this is the better place talk about this. And if you have anything to say, feel free to say it. Sorry for the long text, I hope you're a good reader :).
It seems that many people has been talking about me, how badass I am just for showing everyone my videos about betraying other players in the back, doing crazy stuff and also trying to eat their meat. Big thing. Let me tell you something...
I think I've made things clear about my roleplay. And I show you and tell you what I do. I'm not one that KoS when I see it's not needed, but sometimes I regret not doing it to a few players. I really like to interact with others - in a crazy or in a good way.
Go on and ask to people who knows me and already played with me for some time. They won't lie to you. I'm not always what you see or what others have been telling you.
I'm half crazy and half good. I like to have some fun doing what it seems not to be right to someone's eyes but I also love to help others. And already did. Also ask to people who knows me.
You don't trust me or you don't feel comfortable when you encounter me on the server? It's all good, I don't trust mostly no one there too. But I don't like to be chased or having a damn gun pointing at me all the time just because I am what I am and do what I do. There must be a stronger reason for someone pointing their gun at others. I don't like that and also avoid it as much as possible.
There's other situation I like to keep clear. I tend to have my gun out in any military areas, for the reasons we all know. Doesn't mean if I find someone there I'll quickly kill it, it's just for caution and for defending myself. I try to kill there if I think it would be better for me doing it, if the other player makes some movement (running, pointing their gun...) I find it doubtful.
I really prefer to talk first before anything bad could happen.
It seems that I don't feel safe anymore anywhere I go, because part of people will see me as a target. Some of them found cannibalism on this game an offensive thing. I found it as a add-on to my roleplay and fun.
I'm not trying to defend myself with any excuses here, but I'll do it because I still can defend myself, I don't need anyone to do that for me, fortunately.
I know I play dirty sometimes and this can be a reason for you to avoid messing up with me. Alright. But if I show you no hostility from me on the times I don't want to mess up with anyone and maybe trying to help, why you wouldn't believe me? I know that at anytime I could turn my role to the bad way and axe you. But that doesn't mean I would be a menace on the 100% of the time.
I hope this won't stop people to make trades with me, I really want to start to trade items soon with players, when the persistence comes back to the server and maybe half of them wouldn't even do it.
By the way, mostly of my crazy actions I do is for doing videos about it, I know I promote a bit my mad side but doesn't mean I'm heartless. Sadly many don't get that.
Yeah, because there are a lot of groups out there that show you no hostility and never killed you for no reason and be proud of it.
I don't take the game too much seriously, it's just a game after all. I don't mind getting killed, part of the times I diserve it and I won't fight with you because of it, you can see me always as a threat, I really don't mind and I wouldn't make you my enemy because of it. I could add you to my blacklist, the list I have on my mind of players I want to reckoning, not meaning I'm a threat to everyone. Lol, I have bad aiming 50% of the time, and I also like to act as a neutral being on the server sometimes, just doing my stuff, not wanting to have a fight. You kill when you want, you're good to others when you want. You make videos of what you want and act like you want just for the video, and no one points the finger at you. So why you should do it to me? I'm just another player.
I hope I've made things clear.
 #1287  by Ramblin Hans

I think we all have a list like that. I actually have a real list, I write down most of the interactions I have in a notebook, as I start to forget. Justice might come late, but it will come. I just prefer to dole it out with a bullet or a pair of handcuffs rather than a knife and fork. Perhaps I'm more merciful.

I have never met you on the road so can't form an opinion, only heard stories.

I will say my character is really against cannibalism, I want to see humanity restored and justice done. Cannibalism, especially when not done to survive but as a form of torture and degradation - polar opposites to my characters survivalist/hero mentality. But that's all in game.

As for gun out at the airfields, etc...well its a tricky thing. If you do, and someone else has their gun...it can escalate quickly. Except in the most high alert situations, I keep gun holstered. I figured, if I have my gun out, I should be prepared to shoot immediately. It keeps situations from escalating when they dont have to, I think when both parties are nervous and have guns out alot of shit happens that might not have otherwise. I'm usually prepared for my first move to evade and take the best cover position and pin the person should they raise their gun. Can't fire a shot "accidentally", without thinking, or with regret if you don't have your gun out.I have always tried the "Hail friend" approach first on this server, but make no mistake it leads to "unnecessary" deaths for sure. Hell, just yesterday, tried a smash and grab at the NWAF barracks. High risk, but we were there at the right time. One watched airfield side, I took a corner to watch approach while my buddy went inside the barracks. Sho 'nuff, guy comes out from behind the barracks as soon as my buddy enters, almost no doubt he was there listening for footsteps inside to trap someone. He comes around the corner of the rear of the barracks - I could have opened fire right then. But I didn't went for CAPS LOCK to try and defuse, but no chance he raised his gun and charged me in cover. After an exchange I was dead but he lay I think with broken legs and my buddy put him down. I know I "should have" shot first, but trying to play a certain way, not just kill everything that moves. I just let it roll off, I saved my friend, we won and put another name on our list, good enough for me.
 #1289  by Preacher

When I applied and joined not so long ago I thought it was even needed to RP to a certain extend. I also thought that KOS would occur less than on other servers... Both times I was wrong, I guess. I prefer it that someone develops a character or -at least- plays it with the idea that others might do so. If I reply that my name is mr. Wong but that they can call me Hank people immediatly ask: "mean your server name..." :roll:

So by all means continue your own playstyle otherwise it will become a boring game of spawn, loot, kill, die rinse and repeat. And that you eat other's flesh?? So what. It makes the story more interesting. Just do not eat mine :mrgreen:
 #1321  by DaHes

I tend to play each character that spawns with a new back-story; none is ever truly the same. What is true is that I mostly play as a survivor who is looking for others to survive with. Lest we forget that, even in a post-apocalyptic world, being able to socialize with others is what builds strong bonds and strong teams. You don't always bring in the bambi you find running along the eastern coast with a train of six zombies behind them, but; in all reality, if I were to witness that, I'm not sure whether I'd help or say "poor fool" and move along.

Everyone has their own play-style for a reason. It could be a gamble to play with other players, but it will always be a gamble playing as a lone-wolf/on your own.

I guess we never know until we're either dead or realize we're pointing our smoking gun at the body of someone we once called a companion!
 #1502  by JackeL

damn that hurt the eyes

you guys gotta break up your thoughts into seperate sections helps out alot!!

but to you Jester. I am one who does not trust you. my one and only reason is your duel video. if that was real and not staged..

shame, shame on you

haha but ya, if i run into u, u better believe im not lowering my sights on you... personally i woulda been irrate to get "cheated" like that.

i was following the preliminary questions and posts regarding this exact "duel" situation and i remember YOU saying please dont set me a trap blah blah haha

then you did it too him... poor guy.

anyway, there it is. my opinion and reasoning on you!

hope this helps!