Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• I'm a free man

• Two men enter, one man leaves...
Two men enter, one man leaves...
 #2186  by Ramblin Hans

I'm sorry, but no matter who you are, if you tell me to get down on the ground, put my hands up, make all sorts of demands - I will refuse. I am a free man. I'm not holding a gun, I'm not threatening anyone, there's no reason. Perhaps demanding someone to lower their weapon or holster it, or to come out in the open, or to surrender in a fight. But when your "opponent" is standing still, not doing anything shady I'm not sure what the point is. Your idea of human contact must must only extend to exercising some sort of power trip. My idea of a conversation does not include me face down in handcuffs. Free men will always resist. When you shoot me for refusing, you obviously were going to try and kill me anyway. I will die without shackles.

:mad: I am beginning to lose my patience trying to talk to people here, I should just start killing everyone I see, because the amount of times someone surprises me is fractional compared to the number of times I could have blown someones head off from cover without saying a word.

end Thunderdome rant
 #2198  by RRDELR

That sucks man. I'm alone too for now, if you'd like you can shoot me a PM and we can loot together for a while, safety in numbers and all that.
 #2206  by Wildcat

Same here staying away from everyone on the server. I was hoping to get in with a colony but after some brief run-ins with people on the server and TeamSpeak I think I will find a nice forest area and setup camp and only go into town when i have to. LOL
 #2211  by Az10k

Hey Ramblin!

That was me telling you to go inside the green house! There was other people there, shooting at us and i wanted to be sure you were alone. I'm not the one who killed you btw...

See you around man, and i hope next time we can have a better encounter :-)
 #2216  by =PK=IRISH

It really helps if you can find a solid group to run with so that you can play at least in 2-3 if not 4-5 groups. People and groups tend to be more friendly when they recognize you can at least put up a fight.

There are some large groups playing right now that will kos you, but there are just as many who will try to play friendly. On top of that, some of the friendly groups will consider you a hostile threat if you are geared or have a weapon out, so it can get complicated.

If you run into the friendliest groups, as long as you don't fire your gun at them or try to position to attack on them they will likely help you out however they can and it'll be a good interaction.

It really can help if you contact groups you think are friendly on TS (by poking them) and asking them where they are, and letting them know if you are in the area. Be sure they are friendlies though before asking or you can set yourself up.

Anyone needing help in game or wanting to gear up and not having luck is welcome to travel with the Cowboys / Pale Riders anytime. We trust everyone until we are given a reason not to.
 #2219  by Ramblin Hans

Yea, I knew that day was one of you, it was a different episode that spawned this meltdown actually.

I couldn't hear what you were saying well. I was trying to get close enough to hear. I was actually hoping to get a chance to parlay with TKT - but now we know how to react. I didn't hear or see other gunshots, and I had 3 other crew with me holding fire. I knew I was taking a huge chance, and rather than shooting the two guys hugging the side wall I ran down from uptown and tried to talk, and was going to try and negotiate, I knew that was a risk when I did. My crew was getting nervous with 5 guys standing there, and it seemed the majority felt better making it like 4 on 2 or 3 instead of 4 on 5 with an opening volley. We tracked and watched you into the base, and I heard one of you guys died in the street right after I did at least ;)
 #2241  by Az10k

We knew there was others around and someone already tried to shoot us so i was just asking you to go inside the green house. We were in the middle of the street and not you were not complying, looked like a trap, so one of my guys took the shot. I'm sorry.