Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• My tent?

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #3829  by Adriatticus

The server reset just 10 mins ago about...and it seems my tent is gone. Do tents not survive server resets?

edit: Sorry I should have given more info. I just hopped into the server because I am experimenting with RP. I like the idea of playing my lone wolf woodland survivor play style in an RP setting for when I do run into people....no matter who they are. I spawn....and not knowing the map very well because I like not memorizing the map yet for adventurous purposes....I head north because I know I have a better chance of not getting kos'd that way. I hit a tiny town and it seemed perfect...with a water pump apple trees and...WHAT!?!?!? after my second house i find a tent...which with my playstyle is like a HUGE milestone for me on any server. ANYWAY I pitch it and start gathering supplies in all the houses nearby and at about 130 pm est the server restarts and my tent is gone. IDK if thats normal for this server and since I searched the formus and couldn't find and answer I thought I'd register and ask. TY in advance for a reply and ttyl.
 #3830  by Ramblin Hans

Right now persistence is off, due to really bad loot issues...has been since last patch... and I think this is true on all servers? Or maybe all private servers? Not sure on that. Welcome, and be sure to apply for whitelisting!
 #3831  by kingbear1488

Yes, persistence is currently off. we are hoping that it will be back on with the next patch. So what that means for you, if you want to keep anything after a server restart you need to have it on your person. anything left on the ground will be gone when the server restarts.
 #3832  by Adriatticus

Aw snap! I always thought that tents were the one thing that was persistent no matter what but I'm sure you guys know more than I do as I'm just a casual kinda guy. Ty for responses though because you've inspired me to stop running around the woods hoping my tent will come home. =D
 #3834  by Weyland

Adriatticus wrote:Aw snap! I always thought that tents were the one thing that was persistent no matter what but I'm sure you guys know more than I do as I'm just a casual kinda guy. Ty for responses though because you've inspired me to stop running around the woods hoping my tent will come home. =D
Persistence has been off globally for several updates now. Good news is, its back in the next update!
 #3835  by Adriatticus

Whew! That's good to know. Lol i found another tent in the same town and set it up. Put a shotty in it with some ammo to save for a friend...I go back into town to look for more stuff and sure enough my tent was looted in the 15 mins I was gone.