Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• A couple questions

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #1269  by Ramblin Hans

Ok, I have been playing here a while now, but I still have a couple questions I've never quite figured out the answer to. I was never accepted into a colony, so trying to figure out some of the nuance. Apparently, its cool to not be officially part of a colony.

1) There are many colonies under the general colonies, right? For example I know there are many bandit "clans"/colonies with "Bandit" umbrella colony yes? They are not really allied, but share a TS channel, forum, and basically a general mindset and loose affiliation based on ideals only. Is this understanding correct?

2) I was never accepted into a colony, and now play with 3 friends here regularly. We pretty much fit the bill as a clan / colony, and I'm thinking we need to formally create one. I guess that's more of a statement than a question, but the proper way would be to post a back story and application in "Start a Colony" correct?

3) Now that we are whitelisted by GUID, is it ok to change our in game name to include say a colony tag if you are in one, or is there a channel to pre-approve that?
 #1271  by =PK=IRISH

Ramblin Hans wrote:Ok, I have been playing here a while now, but I still have a couple questions I've never quite figured out the answer to. I was never accepted into a colony, so trying to figure out some of the nuance. Apparently, its cool to not be officially part of a colony.

1) There are many colonies under the general colonies, right? For example I know there are many bandit "clans"/colonies with "Bandit" umbrella colony yes? They are not really allied, but share a TS channel, forum, and basically a general mindset and loose affiliation based on ideals only. Is this understanding correct?

2) I was never accepted into a colony, and now play with 3 friends here regularly. We pretty much fit the bill as a clan / colony, and I'm thinking we need to formally create one. I guess that's more of a statement than a question, but the proper way would be to post a back story and application in "Start a Colony" correct?

3) Now that we are whitelisted by GUID, is it ok to change our in game name to include say a colony tag if you are in one, or is there a channel to pre-approve that?
Hans,
You may want to try running with us Cowboys for a bit to see if we'd be a good fit for you as a clan. We are recruiting and from what I've heard you play a similar style. We only KOS people that threaten our survivor way of life. We try to make friends in the Colony and try to stress "friendly" when we stumble on a stranger or group. We also make a point to know where the trouble is on the map and go to it when it's in our homelands threatening our survival (Entire west side of map).