Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• First impressions.

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #3848  by McNutter

Well, been on US-1 for a few hours and already I notice a difference. Was wandering through Electro I think, after spawning, had a stone knife and saw a guy on top of a fire station. Hard targeted over to him to say hi and saw he was being harassed by a freshie with a hockey stick. He couldn't get down the ladder. I (being a nosy sod) asked what was going on and all that, when he blattered me in the head with the stick. I backed off and the other guy got off the ladder and proceeded to twat him with a fire axe. didn't kill me as I was helping him. so I pinched his stick and t shirt. Not good.

Next up was a guy called splash chilling by a fountain. nice chat follows and we part ways. Good
TL;DR Enjoying it immensely so far.

Questions are.... who owns the car tents?
are there any Freeport areas? safe havens? that kinda thing?
Can I rent a house there?
 #3849  by McNutter

And then it went horribly wrong. traded some ammo to a nice enough guy for water bottle. Gods only know what his mates thought was happening, they pretended not to hear me even though their wee pal did, then shot me in the head. 3 on 1, 4 if you count the friendly, and the fuckers straight up murdered me. Oh well, they were American, not sure what I expected really. Aaaaand start again. Again. hopefully i'll be able to get more gear, or move server again. I came here to avoid this bullshit. Guess there's always gun-happy morons out there. next time, i'll get my defence in first, might ask questions later. At least they spoke before shooting me.

Wankers. :bored:
 #3851  by kingbear1488

it sounds like you're having fun so far! and getting good interaction on US-1! We do encourage role playing, and getting people to talk to each other before shots are fired is a good start. i suspect you might like US-2 better tho, it has a higher role playing element, with lots of inter-colony action. But being killed is always going to be a challenge. just keep your head up and learn from every encounter. You might also be interested in our PvE server, US-3.

On US-3 we rent homes in Cherno with police protection of your goods! make sure to check out the link below and see if your interested! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

http://www.insidedayzstandalone.com/for ... =17&t=1839
 #3852  by McNutter

Definitely, US-3 is the one I'm trying to get whitelisted for. I love the PVE and interaction sides, and the occasional self defence kill or me getting shot is all part of the fun. But yeah, even the loss of all the gear last night didn't worry me too much, as at least they spoke, but there was no way they were letting me go, I knew that as soon as they surrounded me. Learn from it I say.
 #3856  by McNutter

Decided to copy all this over to the journals thread, seeing as that's how it seems to be going.