Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Maybe i KoS someone, maybe not. LOL

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #3312  by [TPW] DiscoStu

I was on top of the ATC on NW airfield when someone took a shot on me and missed. I went downstairs and take a knee pointing at the closed door, waiting a couple of minutes until a make a run for cover. Then the door open and a survivor rushed in with an AK74 on the ready. I react and open fire, killing him. I hate KoS so a doubt went through my mind. It was him who was shooting me, so it was ok to kill him, or maybe was a different guy and i KoS by mistake? It was yesterday on US-1, if you wasnt shooting im very sorry mate :-/
 #3489  by Weyland

[TPW] DiscoStu wrote:I was on top of the ATC on NW airfield when someone took a shot on me and missed. I went downstairs and take a knee pointing at the closed door, waiting a couple of minutes until a make a run for cover. Then the door open and a survivor rushed in with an AK74 on the ready. I react and open fire, killing him. I hate KoS so a doubt went through my mind. It was him who was shooting me, so it was ok to kill him, or maybe was a different guy and i KoS by mistake? It was yesterday on US-1, if you wasnt shooting im very sorry mate :-/
You did what you needed to do. Don't worry my friend! People live, people die. ;-)
 #3544  by ordinaryredneck

i've been getting kos all the time. and its usually when im bare or little supplies. i just hear a gunshot. I was at north military base and i'll i heard was a gunshot. Instant death. I mean at least try to have a conversation first damn
 #3560  by Weyland

ordinaryredneck wrote:i've been getting kos all the time. and its usually when im bare or little supplies. i just hear a gunshot. I was at north military base and i'll i heard was a gunshot. Instant death. I mean at least try to have a conversation first damn
High loot = high risk. Why would anybody give you the opportunity to turn the tables on them? Get better...the end.
 #3562  by Buckurk

This isn't an interaction before shoot server, you can kill people as and when. Obviously in general areas then it's recommended to try and interact. But military/danger areas are good to shoot when you need to. All about survival! Do what you need to.
 #3574  by Gabriel Laurence

There is your first problem.

You are poorly equipped and outfitted, and going into a known danger zone. I wouldn't consider going to the bases until I was bright green healthy across the board and equipped with a weapon and the ammo to sustain a fire-fight for a few minutes.
ordinaryredneck wrote:i've been getting kos all the time. and its usually when im bare or little supplies. i just hear a gunshot. I was at north military base and i'll i heard was a gunshot. Instant death. I mean at least try to have a conversation first damn
 #3592  by [TPW] DiscoStu

An almost obligated rule for me is to interact before shoot, unless i get shot at first. This was the second case but for some hints i evaluated after the killing, maybe the guy who sprint into the ATC wasnt who did the first shoting.