Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Dr Aziok (The true history)

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #3120  by Az10k

PART 1 - Just a normal person
(Argument by Aziok and Nurse Jenny, Text by Nurse Jenny)

I recomend you to play this music in low volume while you read for full impact

Back before the apocalypse we were a happy little family, I was a doctor at our local health clinic and my wife a nurse. We had 2 children my youngest son Enzo was only 2 years old and still in pre school. He had the cutest smile, though it was still a bit gummy. He was my sun, he brightened every day even when he was a little monster I felt so lucky to have him.

My eldest son Eusébio was much older 15 from a previous relationship when I was much younger myself, his mother committed suicide when he was only 5 years old. Though I never told him this as I always thought it would be too much to bare, No I told my eldest son that his mother died in a terrible accident. Not much easier but at least he would not feel any guilt on top of the grief.

The apocalypse had killed my wife, but she had not been there for a long time before that. She was lost and grieving as you would expect. I had to hold her together while trying not to break myself.

We both felt responsible, we both felt guilty and we both felt dead inside.

We had been driving home after an evening out for a lovely meal to celebrate my wife's recent promotion. What a night that had been, so much joy and laughter especially from Enzo. The love i felt for them all that night made my heart swell.
On the drive home we were all still in high spirits Eusébio had been telling us about his recent win at a football game and Enzo had fallen asleep, so soundly and so peacefully.

My wife’s face was lit up, Oh man her smile that’s where Enzo got it from. She just had the best smile it just made my heart melt a little. Though of course I would never admit that to her. I see headlights and a horn and then a horrible crunching sound and then nothingness everything was just black i couldn't move and i couldn’t talk i was just stuck in the blackness, what had happened? Why can’t I move? The kids my wife, I need to know they are ok.

I hear a voice in the distance, “We’ll get you all out don’t worry” she said.

Then nothingness again the next thing I know i’m waking up with bright lights blinding me, I panic where is my family, are they ok? I felt a hand on my arm and as i started to come round properly i could hear crying. I look to my left and my wife is sat on the chair next to me it was her hand on my arm and her tears that i could hear. “Darling, are you ok?” I ask but i get no reply my question is just greeted with more tears and wailing, this was coming from somewhere deep inside this was grief, my heart dropped and my stomach turned, tears running down my face. No not one of our sons, please no!

I couldn’t bring myself to ask which one not just yet, but i had a gut feeling just from the fact my wife was ok. I stroked her hair and kissed her on the forehead her smile had gone and all i could see now was nothingness, her eyes were empty it was like someone had drained her soul.

The nurse came in to check on me, so while my wife was not there I asked the question i already knew the answer to how are my sons? She looked at the ground and then back up at me and told me my youngest son was dead.

My heart fell out of my chest or thats how it felt, the tears came like my wifes the grief i felt was just so i can’t even explain it. I had lost my 2 year old son…… he hadn’t even lived yet, not really. What would he of been when he was older? What kind of man would he of been? Would he of got married and had his own children? Or would he of travelled the world?

but I would never find out. He was gone, for good.

Had I been too busy looking at my wife? Had i caused the accident? I truly could not remember and that hurt more than anything, it was my fault wasn’t it? My son was dead because of me.

The sun had been taken from me, I would never see his gummy little smile again or see him get married or graduate. He was gone just like that.

I never saw my wifes face light up again, she just wasn’t there anymore her son had been taken away from her…. by me. I never asked her for forgiveness I just stuck by her and tried to help her as best as I could. While burying my feelings so deep myself I felt numb.

I held her as she cried every night sobbing and begging for him to come back, sometimes i swore i heard her heart breaking. Would this ever get easier for her? The women i loved so much was just not there anymore she was an empty shell.

I had never felt so alone.

Eusébio had lost his brother but he was young, he felt the loss of his parents more than he did his brother. He started stealing and causing trouble around our neighbourhood, we were constantly getting complaints about his behaviour and his attendance at school and his school work.
The last straw came when he was finally arrested, I went to bail him out he did not look like my son he was doped up and tatty and he looked like he’d been out on the streets for weeks. which i knew he hadn’t. I walked over to the car very calmly, but once those doors were shut well lets just say he got a telling off. This was the last straw it had destroyed my family what had happened to us?

That’s when i made the decision we had to move, we had to get out of this place and just start over.

I had been offered many jobs abroad but none struck me as much as the one on Chernarus did. A little town called Gorka they wanted me to start up a Plastic surgery clinic from the ground up the building was already there but the demand for a doctor of my kind seemed to be in high demand, which surprised me for such a rural area.

The decision was made.

I arrived 2 years after my sons death. My wife and son followed a few months later and it was the best decision we had ever made. My wife found purpose again going out and foraging in the fields and planting in the garden, she seemed content not fully happy but content.

And I loved my job, well until the day the apocalypse started……..

To be continued...