Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Why "Bambies" get killed

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #2590  by Punisher5795

Here is a little story, explaining why bambies get killed by fully armed players. Of course this particular situation does not happen EVERY time, but killing a bambi on site is the single best way to avoid this. Hence why so many do get killed.

Here is a guy. I just met and who was obviously a freshie. I talked with him for a few minutes and decided I thought he was a cool cat. I gave him some legit advice, go inland quickly. Prigordki (which is where we were) was literally empty at the time.

He goes on his way after thanking me, no worries champ.

10 minutes later my friends see him sneaking around prigordki, armed with a blaze with only 2 rounds. Obviously looking to track down myself (a fully geared player). Not only was this pretty pathetic considering the mercy I offered. But this little bambi goes beyond just that and after being contacted by my friends (3 fully armed guys) in a friendly manner, for some ridiculous reason he pops a shot at one of us.

This is why bambis get killed, because idiots like this kid try stupid shit. Making a bad name not just for themselves but for other players in similar situations.

I don't know if I will just kill any bambi I see from now on.

Maybe, maybe not.
 #2609  by Punisher5795

Ok? You don't wanna kill people, that's fine. But I prefer to survive.
 #2613  by stonesode

Eh, if your playstyle is 100% hostile then that's your playstyle... But for most of us, there's not much worse than bambi killing.

If you're confident in your own skills you don't need to shoot some freshspawn - you don't need to fear them. They're not going to kill you with a single chambered sporter or a wrench if you're half decent with a gun, they're not going to follow and stalk you if you're half decent at evasion or traveling smart, they're not going to lure you into a trap or otherwise trick you if you're half way decent at picking up on tone/cues/suspicious behaviour or learn the different groups/users and their affiliates.

I suppose an exception to this is if you know the freshspawn and know they are notorious for doing this kind of thing or they're a member of an enemy/hostile group, in which case shoot away!

Otherwise it's just a bit paranoid and desperate, counter-productive to RP/interaction and pointless.

As far as i'm concerned, let them come and try to take my gear. Good luck to them! If they can follow/find me and then kill me too, they earned it and we've both had a richer experience.
 #2617  by JeSTeR

I've had already dangerous situations with some "bambies" in the past, besides of mostly of my encounters with them were friendly/neutral.
Just because the fresh spawn you've encountered had a bad attitude towards you, doesn't mean you have to kill the next fresh spawn you'll encounter on your way.
Nonetheless - being cautious when interacting with strangers is the key - geared up or bambi - keep an eye on the other player.
There will always be some of them wanting to kill you for your gear or no specific reason - others will be happy to meet you and follow their way.
An advice: if you'll find another bambi and talk/help him, when he leaves and starts going his way - follow him for a bit without him to notice what you're doing. He really can get a weapon from nowhere and come back for you, or even have friends close to his location. Just remember again - not everyone is like TybertTACO and will try to kill you, so think twice before shooting the next freshie ;)
 #2648  by Punisher5795

Nobody is 100% hostile, even if they claim to be. Am I a hostile player? Sometimes sure, more often then not I'd prefer to shoot someone.

What it comes down to is what a person values the most. Surviving or interaction?

For me it's survival.

I've done my fair share of interaction and while every experience is somewhat unique. I still have pretty much seen it all, seen the bad side of players. And it's made me sour, I still try to RP when I can. Offer people the chance to surrender or if I'm a freshie I'll RP my little heart out.

But I'm a survivalist at heart now.
 #2730  by stonesode

If you prefer keeping your character alive as long as possible for a personal goal rather than interaction, then joining a role-playing server seems a peculiar choice.

Also, with long-term community driven play in mind, shooting bambies seems short sighted and likely to make enemies, as later interactions that may require aid from other survivors may be soured by past non-interactions.

If I chit-chat to some guy and they betray me, they can be sure that if/when we meet again, it won't be amicable.