Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• First Person Vs Third Person

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #1744  by -vic-

Hey everyone. I would just like to hear your feed back on the first person and third person views in dayz. The pros and cons of each and how of much of an impact it has on the game, etc.

Personally i think that first person makes the game a lot more interesting in firefights, mainly because you actually need to get out of cover to take a look at your enemy, plus on the sneaking side, its pretty much impossible to sneak on someone that is using third person.

Third person is more fun if you want to admire your character, take a look at your camouflage, or when you interact with other players or the environment.

I think eventually it would be better for the overall game play if only certain zone or actions would permit going Third View (Your Colony Camp for example, market/trading district or when you make a garden plot)

Anyhow, let me know what you think 8-)
 #1819  by Ramblin Hans

I like the idea of first person only but having played it a good bit, it just doesn't work well with the current engine state, in my opinion. To frustrating getting stuck on roots, in doorways, whatever, having to look down find find out whats going on. You just don't feel immersed enough in your character, like its not fluid somehow. Plus, zombies, warping behind you, through walls behind you, etc etc. I'm pretty sure I'd be aware enough of my surroundings within 2 feet of me to avoid these things.

The only REAL argument I can see is wall huggin'....I dunno, its DayZ I've just learned to live with it. I picked this private server specifically because it wasn't first person only, there's a number of great 1P / Hardcore ones out there right now. Though the community and atmosphere I've found here, I never want to play anywhere else personally.
 #1975  by [666]Slave

First Person is way better, you need to be constantly aware of your surroundings "roots" etc ;), instead of alt swirling around like a madman. Makes it more realistic tbh, only time I see myself like that in real life is when I take too many drugs and party with my good friend Jack D all night :) It's much better in gunfights too with no hack noobs around. Makes it a more intense, just a compass reading rollercoast ride to the coast :) FP with zeds that work would be just sick and 100's more of them too. Its just too easy. Roll on them sorting the game out!
 #2417  by Shaftoe

i really like playing on both types, first person has its place, its more disorienting spawning and having to really pay attention to your surroundings. panning the cammera around and seeing over walls has its place too. sometimes i feel that first person is very restrictive and the third person could be good to see over a ledge that otherwise you would (in real life) have to go on tippy toes to see over, or in similar situations. maybe a way to make third person be a non combat view only....