Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• [NAMALSK] 12.24.18 STATUS UPDATE

• Colony announcements and information
Colony announcements and information
 #6933  by Weyland

ORIGINAL ARTICLE HERE

For those of you that know what Namalsk is, Sumrak has posted a bit of a teaser update. I loved this map in DayZ Mod, super cool and I'm over the moon with excitement to see what Sumrak has in store for us on the story side of Namalsk!!!

Hello everyone, it is that time of year again and I hope you are having a nice holidays. First of all, I wish you all wonderful Christmas holidays and happy new year 2019. It has been a very busy year for me, but lot of good things happened. Though I already feel that 2019 is going to get even busier, but getting pretty excited for it already!

Now, I am sure you guys are wondering where the hell is Namalsk?! First of all, sorry for not reacting on all of the “when is Namalsk” questions (there was just too many). You probably heard that it was supposed to be released with modding release (or shortly after). Now that the modding tools for DayZ are available and Steam Workshop is open to businesses (which is btw really awesome seeing all the community creations already), where is Namalsk?

Well, to make things simple: it is not ready for the release. For the past few months, I have been focusing mainly on DayZ itself and things I do at work for it (finishing up Chernarus, taking care of the environment visuals, supporting modding release). This usually end up with overtimes as the December release was getting closer and closer. While I have managed to do a lot over past months and I am super happy how things end up in the release, for Namalsk it ultimately meant a lot less progress than I would like.

You may have heard me saying that Namalsk terrain is almost ready. This is true, because Namalsk as a terrain is indeed ready and I have not really touched it for many months now. But Namalsk is not only about the terrain, it has a wide selection of gameplay additions and tweaks to really make the terrain stand out from anything what you have seen in DayZ or in fact even Arma. On top of that, I am also building a lore continuity as it is a sequel of the original Arma 2 campaign called Namalsk Crisis (get more info about that here).

Once again, I would like to remind you that Namalsk is my own personal project and I work on it whenever I have a free time. In no way it should be considered as an official addition to the game. I haven’t given myself any specific deadlines as I want it to be good. I want it to be remembered the same way it is from DayZ Mod days. I have spent a considerate amount of my life now on Namalsk (thousands of hours) and simply do not want to end up releasing it in an un-finished / wip state.

I hope you can understand my situation and I hope you can be patient. I truly believe it is worth the wait. Enjoy a short teaser I have prepared for this occasion.