Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Your Stats?

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #1723  by MikeB

There's some new mid-range video cards coming out soon and I'd like to see what everything else is running with now. I get shitty frames, unbelievably. I can't go into the bigger towns because it turns into a slideshow.

My frames in the wilderness are usually ~30fps, in towns ~20fps, in larger cities it is below 10fps

I have:
AMD Phenom II 1035T X6 (6 cores)
8GB Ram
NVIDIA GTX 580
750 watt power supply
yes I always wonder if there's enough power going to the video card.

oh and to top it off my internet connection (best available in my area) is 7Mbps down, 768Kbps up.

My settings are fairly low. I'd love to play at 1080p with High Settings. I'm seriously considering the Nvidia GTX 960 when it drops.

What are you running?
 #1732  by spaace

Whats your Motherboard? :D

60 fps anywhere.. 1920x1080 w/display port, window mode.
dips to 20-30 in novo/cherno/berizino(apparently..)
I play with modified settings.. slowly tweaking them every day.

At my old place, I had 80/15.. Now I got 50/30.

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
PSU: Seasonic 650W
CPU: i5-3570k - oc @ 4.3GHz w/Corsair H100
Memory: 8 GB Kingston HyperX Blu 1866
GPU: MSI GTX 670 Power Edition
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (main.. windows + major games), OCZ Vertex3 128GB (mostly steam.. dayz is here), 2x TB WD Black
 #1735  by LaStoned

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K, CPU
6x 3,3GHz
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4
RAM: Kingston HyperX DIMM 16GB
DDR4-2400 Quad-Kit
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 2,5" 250 GB
HDD: Western Digital WD20EFRX 2 TB
Caviar Red
Graphics: ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! Edition
4 GB GDDR5, 256 Bit
 #1860  by MikeB

LaStoned wrote:CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K, CPU
6x 3,3GHz
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4
RAM: Kingston HyperX DIMM 16GB
DDR4-2400 Quad-Kit
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 2,5" 250 GB
HDD: Western Digital WD20EFRX 2 TB
Caviar Red
Graphics: ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! Edition
4 GB GDDR5, 256 Bit
What graphic settings and FPS are you getting with that setup?
 #1892  by Jccowardin

I think it is safe to say he has a comfortable frame rate with that machine.

Mike, looks like your GPU is current enough according to this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gam ... 107-7.html

Unfortunately in it's current unoptimized state I believe your processor is what is slowing you down. AMD chips are not keeping up these days with Intel, and I think you would be better off scoring an inexpensive motherboard and Core i3 combo than upgrading your GPU.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gam ... 106-5.html

Just my two cents, but all that I hear and read suggests that the processor is the bottleneck in DayZ.

A few suggestions:
Experiment with texture and quality settings on very high one at a time. I find that I actually gain a few frames when turning my texture quality and texture filtering to high or very high, supposedly this offloads these calculations to the video card from the processor. It also looks much better.

Lower your view distance to 1200ish meters. I've never been shot by anyone at this distance so it shouldn't hurt you unless you're cruising for crash sites.

Reboot regularly. My FPS is solid, even in cities, for the first hour or two of play each day. Then steadily degrades until I reboot. This is less common advice and may be in my head.

This site has more specific command line parameters and other advice:
http://dayzintel.com/dayz-guides/dayz-s ... ance-guide

Bottom line is that this game is not optimized for any specific hardware right now and because of that performance suffers at times no matter how beefy your machine. Mine is on the same level as yours (i3-3120, RHD 7850, 8gb RAM, SSD) and I am able to achieve mostly playable frames in cities most of the time at 1080p. It just takes a bunch of tweaking.

Best of luck.
-Carter

Edited for spelling.