Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• [TOTAL SALES] DAYZ vs ARMA 3

• Movies, job hunting, games, personals, you name it
Movies, job hunting, games, personals, you name it
 #6613  by Weyland

DayZ Total Sales: 4,111,011
Early Access Release Date: Dec 16, 2013
Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 06:43 (average) 01:31 (median)
Playtime Total: 80:46 (average) 21:38 (median)
SOURCE: http://steamspy.com/app/221100

Arma 3 Total Sales: 3,317,086
Release Date: Sep 12, 2013
Playtime in the last 2 weeks: 16:10 (average) 05:08 (median)
Playtime Total: 179:04 (average) 36:07 (median)
SOURCE: http://steamspy.com/app/107410

Total Revenue

I want to get this out of the way first, I won't be covering DLC as its very difficult to track. As far as I know there is no way to track those figures so we'll be sticking to game units sold.

Total game unit revenue is harder to pinpoint as Arma 3 has had a metric ton of discounted sales whereas DayZ has been on sale two times for a discounted 15% off (if my memory serves correct). Arma 3 average discounted sales figures are usually 50% off. I think it's important to note that If you've seen the current $15.00 Humble Bundle deal, you'll see that at of the time of this article they've sold 65,045 units.

Is this their first sale with Humble Bundle? This is the first time I've seen them on Humble Bundle with Arma 3. That doesn't mean much as I've only been paying attention to Humble Bundle deals for that long.

For a game that still hasn't reached 1.0, the figures are staggering compared to Arma 3. Those of you worried DayZ will never be finished, do you really think Bohemia Interactive won't be finishing their biggest selling IP...EVER?

There is an entire demographic that is waiting for DayZ (mostly DayZ Mod players) to be feature complete. So don't forget to factor those folks into the mix.

Console Port

Console Early Access on XB1 and later on add PlayStation 4 should really do positive things for DayZ. Only time will tell, but from here things are looking pretty good.