Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Hi

• Introduce youself and learn about what we do here
Introduce youself and learn about what we do here

Hi

#3614  by Scur.

So reading through this site makes me really want to join a colony, this is exactly what I've been looking for. Dayz Underground was where I was at, but it's really just KOS, very little interaction despite what they claim.
However, to join a clan, I must facebook. This is the absolute worst thing ever. It saddens me to join what I am wanting to believe is a great community, only to be rejected because I won't facebook. Just.. the worst.
 #3616  by Jedi Brittany

Make one just to be used to for the colony. A lot of our colonists have done this. No biggie, brah.
 #3617  by Scur.

Ugh. Forced to use something I hate and despise in order to be part of something completely and totally unrelated. I guess that's what I'll do (under protest.) I know I sound like a jerk, but I won't be in-game. I'll be at the house at Altar with food, water, and whatever else I come across for anyone who wants anything. I guess I'll fall under the survivor category, but I consider myself more of a hunter than anything else.
 #3619  by Weyland

After reading your PM's to me, we're not interested in having you as part of this community. Best of luck in 2015! :-)
 #3635  by Scur.

I wondered if my concern over giving you all my personal information through facebook would disclude me. Guess so.
 #3636  by Weyland

Scur. wrote:I wondered if my concern over giving you all my personal information through facebook would disclude me. Guess so.
Hey man listen. The bits you talked about in your PM to me about my desire to look at your daughter on FaceBook was way out of line. You're never getting into this project. You're a jerk with a seriously bad attitude.
Scur. wrote:I know it says that fake facebook accounts won't be accepted, but I'm just wondering why you need to know what my sister had for supper last night, or why you need access to pictures of my young daughter. I only have a facebook account for family and extremely close friends, and still never post on it. I only have the account at all to placate my family. I'm having difficulty reasoning why you need access to my personal life in order to play within a colony. Are you sharing users personal info with other users? Do snipe pics and posts to get karma in reddit? Are you looking through profiles for email accounts and other info to sell? You see where I'm going with this? This is DayZ, it's a game. I really want to be part of a community that seems to want to try to build an interactive world with roles, but I really can't give up all forms of privacy to do so. It's wrong on several levels.
:x
 #3638  by lank3033

Look! Another idiot that doesn't understand how to set their Facebook info to private and thinks that joining a Facebook group will mean that their family will be handed over to 4chan! I know the Internet can be hard for some folks to grasp at times, but honestly, where do you get off?