Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• PSA: tents and barrels despawning

• US-2 related chat here
US-2 related chat here
 #5518  by MadVlad

So 2 weeks ago we set up camp, over a period of 3 days we assembled a few tents and barrels. Well just got back to camp and 2 tents were gone.

Now I really don't think someone took the tents due to the fact that 2 beautiful lada hatchbacks were left right where they stood, inside a tent that had vanished. And a whole bunch of goodies were untouched that should've been prime pickings.

I feel like the excessive tent placement on US2 must reach the servers limit quite regularly and it despawns tents as new ones are pitched. Could this be the answer to quite a bit of controversy?? Maybe so, either way something is despawning tents. It ain't players, it ain't a sasquatch so it must be DayZ.

There must be a solution that we as a community may be able to figure out. I've got something in mind but it's unlikely to happen. Grab your goodies folks, ain't nothing safe if we keep pitching craploads of tents.
 #5522  by MadVlad

Not even 24 hours, I've been down the road of having things despawn and have been following the topic in the steam forums in regards to tests people have been running on barrels, so I would like to think I'm pretty well informed on this subject.

On US1 I've been able to keep camps, barrel stashes and such running for months on end with no incident. But US2 seems to have an amazingly high and constant usage of fresh tents. I'm basing my hypothesis on my experiences and information gathered by the dayZ community in general. So far the 8 day refresh timer(some how the dev's slipped this in as it wasn't the case throughout most of .59) seems to be only applicable to barrels while tents are running on a 45 day timer. The general consensus is that even picking up and placing tents again does not refresh that timer. Information on barrels is inconsistent so far, but it seems the safest bet is to completely empty the barrel and move it within the 8 day time frame.

I hope this info helps some people out and I really hope we can open a discussion into the over use of tents on US2, otherwise I fear camps will no longer be a "safe" and reliable (until someone finds and raids your ish) way of storing gear.