Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• The Potato Elites First Ever Trading Post Event!

• US-2 related chat here
US-2 related chat here
 #1856  by PrestigePotato

Later on this week the Potato Elites will be hosting their first ever Trading Post somewhere along the south coast! The Potato Elites Trading Post has been officially scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 25th, 6-7pm EST! The location will be announced around 5:30pm, giving everyone ample time to make their way over. For an easy way to tell timezones you can use this link, just add EST as well as your timezone, and line them up: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

After the event is finished you can still stick around as long as you'd like, however we suggest not leaving all at once, but to spread it out amongst a few minutes to avoid any possible fighting or killing between groups. After trading hours are over we will announce when we are leaving the town, thus no longer giving our protection.

The exact location will be announced when the event starts and will be guarded by most if not all of TPE, as well as hired mercenaries. Anyone seen with a weapon drawn within 1km of the announced town will be considered aggressive and will be killed without notice. All members of this event must be respectful to all of your fellow traders. Any members found disrupting the event in a peaceful manor will be dealt with promptly with restraints and a call to the CPD.

About Security: "Before trading begins all members must show all firearms on their person and unload each firearm. (If the firearm is not loaded, then you must load it, and then unload it.) Firearms are to be kept unloaded at all times. We can hear all loading of ammunition and the weapon it is by. Drawing a firearm by any means warrants an instantaneous execution. By participating in this event all members are subject to random body searches if deemed suspicious. We use the honor system and if you are found later on to be hiding an unacknowledged firearm you will be dealt with in whatever way the group sees fit."

SECURITY EDIT: After allegations threatening a terrorist bombing of the scheduled Trading Post, We are scrapping the original safety net plan. All guests must now submit to a full body search for grenades. We did not expect such hostility to a friendly server event, but know that all traders lives are of utmost importance and these rules were only set in place to protect you. Thank you.

If you are interested in attending this event it would help to comment here or like this post so we know how many to expect. Rivalries will be ignored during trading hours, this means if you have attacked us in the past we will not be acting on it during this event.. TPE do not kill on business terms.

Here are some items that people might be interested in trading for:

-Most wanted supplies: (Burlap strips, Burlap sacks, Morphine, Cooked animal meat, Cans of peaches, Rifle Optics, Mosin/SKS/5.56 Ammo, Pistols, Rifles, Magazines, Vests, Military clothes, Civilian clothes, Hunting/Tortilla/Green mountain backpacks, Etc.)

-Common supplies: (Sewing kits, Can openers, Bandages, Small tools, Lockpicks, Survival items, Etc.)

-Interesting/Rare items: (Firefighter clothes, Matching outfits, Bandanas, Pilot helmets, Swords, Suppressors, Potatoes, Etc.)

If you are looking for any specific items post them here and the other traders will look out for it in the days leading up to the event. Do not post negativity on this topic. Take it to the Thunderdome section on the forums.
 #2017  by Ramblin Hans

I'm looking forward to attending. More for meeting up with old (and new) acquaintances. Will bring a few items to trade. Wish I could just leave all firearms behind, but they would be lost (persistence off).
 #2052  by [666]Slave

I would be glad to attend, anyone have a dark coloured mountain backpack up for trade? and if so what would you want for it? A tent too would be nice if anyone has one up for trade and if so what do you require in return? I have no weapons except a makeshift bow, spade and splitting axe. Ill gladly be searched just don't rob me. This is a mini server event, not a means to fuck everyone over who comes to trade ;)

(Add me on steam so you can message me over that media the place and time of the meetup, my link to steam should be on my profile)
 #2054  by Dead*

So, having left the even in VYSHNOYE, I walked off in the direction of the castle, was advised not to go up to the castle so I wandered across the bottom of the hill leading up to it. Stopped to look at the "security" running round and started to eat a piece of cooked meat, then Bang! you are dead! Killed by the security for no reason at all. WTF!!!
 #2063  by IvanS.

That was not us Dead, After we told you to leave we seen 3 armed guys come of the the west side of the castle(presumed to be cowboys). We couldn't get a shot on them before they ran into you. After you died they stormed the castle and we killed one and then the server reset. I do not know which one exactly killed you, but the one we killed had a cowboy hat, something we do not wear.
 #2083  by TheRunningManZ

Dead, we could have traded something for your Ghillie wrapped mosin and pristine scope/compensator I think you got there after me. I dropped the MP133 shorgun I killed you with (in self defence) and since then have not fired a shot with it. :-(

I knew this event would go South and decided to leave. Not blaming the security, just knew there would be too much trouble. That being said I got a bit narked when I left the barn to get a drink and white fire helmet guy barked "hey running man where you going" to which I replied "to get a drink" only for him to then say "Im just warning ya..." like I was doing something wrong? I was close to having a go back at that point as to what I was being warned about but if a threat had followed I'd have just got more wound up so I just stayed quiet. He may have been talking in TS about a hostile or something but so far as I was aware we were free to walk around if we wanted? It wasn't a prison camp.
 #2099  by Dead*

@ Ivan, The people/person that killed me was not wearing a cowboy hat. He/they had ghuillied head gear/ berets.
@ Runningmanz, you killed me just outside the military base, Sadly there is no such thing as a "friendly" within military grounds :)
 #2108  by IvanS.

None of us had berets, there was 2 guys with us that had ghillie hoods on but one hadn't logged in yet and the other was still on the way out of the town(he was coming up from the NW side, your were on the E/SE side) when you're got shot.