Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• first day on US-1

• US-1 related chat here
US-1 related chat here
 #5237  by vtrich

Having enjoyed the interactions on US-2, I tried US-1 late last night. Here was my experience:

After spawning in, I managed to find a well within a few minutes. While drinking, someone went into the building at the well. I called out. "Hello... I'm not going to shoot you. I'm just here for a drink." The fellow, dressed in brown and with a gas mask moved over to see what I had. Stepped behind me... and shot me in the head. No interaction... GG him.

Second guy is in the police station. I did not hear him when I went in. I hear him after Im in and say... I hear you... Im not a threat... Ill leave. As I running for the door, several shots are fired (no hits). A few more snaps and I ran north.

Finally, I ran into someone at a small house in the middle of nowhere. He was headed to the coast to fight bandits. I told him who I saw and wished him luck. He gave me an old canteen and makarov with a single round. A real interaction.
 #5241  by MadVlad

Welcome to US1 amigo. Things have been rather tense recently, but don't give up on us yet! You've got guys like the cherno farmer, Hudson and of course yours truly, Mad Vlad, who still uphold some respect for other survivors.

Stay vigilant, remember you're morals and stick to your guns!
 #5261  by Hudson

I hope to see you continue to persevere on US-1 as it needs more human beings. I can hardly call some of these people "human," due to their absence of reason, aside from their use of firearms and blunt or sharp objects.

I can understand some people just becoming frightened and making a knee-jerk reaction, resulting in what some might view as a "dick move." However, being shot in the back of the head, or killed without communication, even after announcing yourself and non-hostile intentions, just really blows.

I do know PVP is a part of the game, and especially within US-1. Though, I don't agree with the deathmatch style play that a lot of the server hoppers get away with. I have to like the non-whitelisted server, as I am not whitelisted. Whenever I get on and hit "P" to view the connected players, I always hope to see someone from the forums. This is with the hope that I can interact with players who understand the social aspect and possibilities within this game, rather than constantly treat it like a free for all. Maybe my schedule is quite different from everyone else, as all the names that I see when I am on tend to be ones I haven't heard of, or seen before. I have had positive player interaction on US-1 that purely involved cooperative teamwork, as we found ourselves to be quite constructive and helpful to one another. This helped me become very familiar with the game, and it's potential for an almost simulation style colonization. These possibilities are only really capable of happening, if the murder rate would decrease, and more friendly players became acquainted.

What time does everyone usually play on the server, the days that you do?
I work and go to school, therefore the weekends seem to be optimal within my schedule; I can play any time during these days. I also can get on during the weekdays, though only a day or two (I don't know what day(s) I have off, until the end of each week.) But during those days, I'd likely be on from 4:00PM (CT) from anywhere until what could be 2:00AM or 3:00AM the next day. But that is only assuming I have no other priorities that day. However, I have until Monday 2:00AM as I do not have work or school. Therefore, if you happen to read this prior to that date and time, and want to play on US-1 with me, drop me a PM and we can discuss via ts3 and meet up in game, assuming everything goes well!
 #5278  by Polar

Hudson, I would like to clarify something for you.

Server hopping is only available on the public hive. Its when someone gets geared on low pop servers. They could just stay at NWAF and move from server to server getting the best loot.

On private hive (all of our servers) your character is tied to the server, you cant 'hop' from one server to another. In other words, any player you meet on US-1 has gotten the gear on US-1, same for US-2, and US-3.
 #5285  by Hudson

You're right. I was apparently misusing "server hoppers."
Thank you, now I know