• The Tale of Michael

• Describe your in-game persona
Describe your in-game persona
 #3532  by Gabriel Laurence

Character
General Information:
Name: Michael
Known Alias: Archangel, Gabriel Laurence
Special Skills: Musician, Medical Knowledge, Basic weapons and tactics, Survival
Previous Careers: Student, Medical Assistant - Primary Reserve, Professional Musician
Education: Masters Degree

Build:
Overall: Heavy, Broad
Height: 191CM
Hair: Mid Length, Brown
Eyes: Brown, glasses
Shoesize: 11

Other:

Fav. Food: American
Fav. Book: High Fantasy
Fav. Colour: Green
Fav Music: Western Classical

Biographical Entry 1: The first day

In 2012 I was just going on my first tour as a soloist - I had landed in Hamburg and was just unloading my guitar from the overhead rack when the cities emergency sirens started a scream of despair. Not long after, the sound of gunfire rang out from the the inner city. Something had gone wrong, terribly wrong.

The pilots and flight attendants tried to keep the peace inside the cabin, but there was only so much they could do. Cries of 'What is going on?' 'Who is shooting?' and similar sentiments were being slung at those in charge. This carried on - the tinder bed for a riot just waiting for one spark too many - until a convoy of military vehicles arrived to secure the airport. I knew from my time in P-res that the funny outfits they were geared out in were full biological warfare gear and my own apprehension started to rise. Up until that point I had tried not to speculate on what was happening too much - focusing on trying to keep those nearest to me in the cabin calm - but seeing that made me concerned on a whole new level. What was going on? Biological attack?

The concerned passengers started shouting a whole new chorus of questions as the figures in the military gear fanned out on the tarmac, taking up tactical positions around the gates, in the towers, and another team rushing forward to secure the terminal. I had been seated on the right side of the craft, so could really only view the main gate and a small bit of the terminal from my seat. This meant that when they finally boarded the aeroplane that I was in position to view them come up the ramp and into the cabin, through the hatch behind my seat.

As they boarded the sense of panic-tinged-relief was noticeable. The passengers were quieting down, although one fellow looked like he had a thing or two to say to the soldiers as they boarded. I felt that the quiet was more from shear terror than respect or a desire for well behaviour. Can you imagine what was running through everyone's minds? There is an emergency siren going off, what sounds like a fire fight inside the city, and now our plane has been boarded by soldiers.

One of the soldiers stayed near the hatch, one went aft, and one fore, while the other two spread out among the seats to keep a watchful eye on us. I could only assume that the one who went to the front of the plane was looking for the pilot - and I could only hope that now we would start to finally get answers. I was just about to ask what was going on when I could hear shouting from the cockpit. It was distorted through the walls and low murmur of the passengers, but that wasn't a problem - the pilot was obviously panicked, and he stressed one word in his shouted retort, with his voice flexing so high you couldn't not understand what it was.

That word was 'Zombies'. The entire cabin disintegrated into chaos within a matter of seconds - people too far beyond sanity and in the grasp of fear and panic at the thought. Hollywood had made too many horror flicks about zombies and everyone could only imagine the terror that could be coming for them right now. Under normal circumstances, people might be disbelieving, but with everything that had been happening since the flight landed it was all too easy to give into the seduction of a 'simple' answer.

Some of my fellow passengers were grasped by some insane form of madness, for they charged one of the soldiers, who then fired into them and the crowd.

Chaos ensued.

-------------------------
Keep watching for Entry 2! What happens next? How does Michael survive the death trap of the aeroplane cabin? How does he get from Germany to Chenerus? Why do some people call him Archangel? What on earth is going on!?

These questions and more; in the future!
 #3821  by itsd0dley

nice story man, can't wait for part 2!