Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• The Post Apocalypse of Dino Fugazzi

• Tell your day-to-day stories here
Tell your day-to-day stories here
 #4250  by ShakeZ

"Alarms! Is someone trying to escape?" I thought as I abruptly awoke.
"Well, good for them. Doubt they will get far though."

Shouts and gunshots erupt from somewhere beyond the locked, heavy iron door to my cell so I took cover under the bottom bunk. The bunk was broken and wouldnt support any weight so I pulled the outer edge down to better conceal myself. All sense of time was lost in the confusing mix of sounds, from screams and gunshots, to shouts and alarms ringing.

I'd only been an inmate of this "Prison Island" for the past three months and this was the first time anyone had raised the alarm. The panic that the ringing caused was overwhelming, but it wasn't until there was silence that the true feeling of dread sank in. Silence for what seemed to be an eternity, and then it happened.

The sound of all the cell doors unlatching at once rang throughout the complex. My mouth went dry immediately and my body refused to move. Then more shouts and screams and I couldn't believe what else I could hear, laughter and singing.

"Has someone had released the freaking psychos from the insane ward?" I wonder to myself.

Laughter and singing amongst the screams of terror and pain. I began to weep silently out of fear until I lost consciousness from the exhaustion of stress.

I don't know how much time has passed as I come to again. I feel confused and am not sure where I am. I look to my left and can see something scrawled into the wall under the bunk-bed, "Terra Incognita." I don't know what it means but as I trace my finger over the letters I notice that the brick feels loose. I try to get a grip on it and find that it is removed rather easily. I find a makeshift shiv and decide to put it in my pocket. I then begin to crawl out from under the collapsed bed. Sharp hunger pains sting my insides as my stomach lets out a low growl. I need to find food quickly and my mouth feels like it is full of sand, my tongue swollen.

I approach the now open cell door and my sense of confusion is replaced by dread as the memory of the laughter and singing returns. I glance back at the shelter of the broken bunk but decide against retreat. It was now quiet out so I took a peek.

"Looks clear," I think to myself as I emerge from my cell for the first time in what feels like decades.
Last edited by ShakeZ on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.