Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• My Experiences......Good and bad.

• Tell your day-to-day stories here
Tell your day-to-day stories here
 #3853  by McNutter

Well, been on US-1 for a few hours and already I notice a difference. Was wandering through Electro I think, after spawning, had a stone knife and saw a guy on top of a fire station. Hard targeted over to him to say hi and saw he was being harassed by a freshie with a hockey stick. He couldn't get down the ladder. I (being a nosy sod) asked what was going on and all that, when he blattered me in the head with the stick. I backed off and the other guy got off the ladder and proceeded to twat him with a fire axe. didn't kill me as I was helping him. so I pinched his stick and t shirt. Not good.

Next up was a guy called splash chilling by a fountain. nice chat follows and we part ways. Good
TL;DR Enjoying it immensely so far.

Questions are.... who owns the car tents?
are there any Freeport areas? safe havens? that kinda thing?
Can I rent a house there?
 #3854  by McNutter

And then it went horribly wrong. traded some ammo to a nice enough guy for water bottle. Gods only know what his mates thought was happening, they pretended not to hear me even though their wee pal did, then shot me in the head. 3 on 1, 4 if you count the friendly, and the fuckers straight up murdered me. Oh well, they were American, not sure what I expected really. Aaaaand start again. Again. hopefully i'll be able to get more gear, or move server again. I came here to avoid this bullshit. Guess there's always gun-happy morons out there. next time, i'll get my defence in first, might ask questions later. At least they spoke before shooting me.
 #3855  by McNutter

Definitely, US-3 is the one I'm trying to get whitelisted for. I love the PVE and interaction sides, and the occasional self defence kill or me getting shot is all part of the fun. But yeah, even the loss of all the gear last night didn't worry me too much, as at least they spoke, but there was no way they were letting me go, I knew that as soon as they surrounded me. Learn from it I say.
 #3857  by McNutter

today was an odd(and annoying) one. Got my stuff sorted on the coast and belted inland, and surprisingly quickly built up a fairly good set of kit. Made a huge loop from Cherno tostary sobor, Berezino and back. Got to novoselky before I realised I had bloody hypothermia. Used a heat pack, built a fire, went for more wood, and died before I could get back to my fire. Spawned in Berezino, Ran like a loon until I got back and all my kit was gone, Bugger. Then died of hypothermia sat in front of my fire. Started facepalming.

Decided that if i'm accepted for whitelisting, i'll try my hand at scavenging/trading. Probably with a bucketload of crafting thrown in as I enjoyed the hunter/gatherer bit. Plus I want a ghillie suit, see what I can trade it for. Decided I like the Trumpet, but quite fancy a go of the .22 sporter with mags. Seriously enjoying this server, but it rains more than where I live and i'm from Scotland FFS. Plus I got Hypothermic SERIOUSLY fast. Kills you Quicker than the north sea, the air in Chernarus.

TL;DR loving it.
Seriously happy :wacky:
 #3863  by McNutter

day one on US-2

Found myself in Elektro, wandering, grabbing stuff from houses, cafes, bars and shops.
You know, the usual. Got a shotgun, and some clothes, along with a backpack. Eventually found a .22 semi-auto rifle. I met up with a fellow Scotsman called the budgie smuggler, and the first thing he did was give me a sight for my rifle, and let me tag along, while giving me tips on survival and telling me about cannibals.........Cannibals? Damn! So we wandered north and eventually ended up in Stary Sobor. Then it went a wee bit wonky. I exited the house I was checking, and was confronted with a guy pointing a rifle at me.........
"don't f**king move get on your knees"
I tried to comply, but being a bit new, I ended up giving him the finger instead, eventually I sat down. The guy tells me to order Budgie smuggler out of the building he was in.
"I don't think that's gonna happen mate, I don't know him" as I only met the guy tonight, this was true.
He then tells me how he had been tracking us for a while, and runs off to get my new compadre out of the house, fortunately his game had crashed and he was gone, told me his friend had eyes on me from a bush and not to move, I couldn't see a thing so I erred on the side of caution, he comes running back, telling me to stand up and move into the building, I ask what he thinks is gonna happen to which he replies
"I'm taking you captive"
At this point I hear the duelling banjos from deliverance and hope I aint got a pretty mouth. Then something clicked. All his comments had been about "I" not "We", so I replied to his proposition of captivity with
"unfortunately my good sir, I feel disinclined to acquiesce to your kind offer of kidnap"
But I think it translated from Scottish to English as
"Aye, like fuck you are, mate" And bolted. He had a pump action weapon I think, either a shotty or a trumpet, so off I trotted.
He shot at me, but it didn't kill me. Confirmed by the fact I wasn't bleeding out or dead, so I guessed it was a .22, I took a circle escape route, and he got off another shot at me as I crossed a road. He missed and I kept going, ended up going to ground about 300-400 metres away. scoped up, and waited, no sign, My compadre was well warned to stay out of sight, and Basically I ended day one eye to scope, with a huge shit-eating grin on my face......

I think if I had my gun out while searching, he would have just KOS, so thanks for pointing me towards the interaction survival files, Weyland

Tl;DR met a bloke who was decent, and one who wasn't. Didn't get eaten, killed or raped.