Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• One adventure after another

• Tell your day-to-day stories here
Tell your day-to-day stories here
 #3067  by A Fat Blueberry

Story Time
I was shaking violently due to the heavy rain, my clothes were soaked through and I was beginning to think it the end of this journey. Then there it was, a barn in the middle of the woods, no on the outskirts of a city! I may be saved! To avoid fighting all the undead in the city in my weakened state I chose to make my way to the barn, where inside I found a bundle of matches! This was truly a miracle. I gathered up the dry paper I had and I chopped up some logs and made myself a fire. Then I laid my head down to rest for the night.

When morning came around I felt like a whole new man, however there was an emptiness in my stomach and cotton coating all over my mouth. I quickly scavenged the outer buildings of the city and filled the void in my gut, then I made my way towards the airfield. As I walked up the hill just north of the airfield I stumbled upon a jail house building, and it had a truck just outside it.. I waited for 10 minutes wondering if this could be another miracle or a trap by some military thugs. I decided to take the risk and looted the building quickly, finding some ammo for my Mosin and some more food. I quickly hopped in the truck and feeling safe in this armored hunk of metal rolled down the airfield looking for other survivors when all of a sudden I was hammered with gunfire, shots flying all around my truck as I passed the ATC and Fire station. I quickly spotted two bandits in the firehouse doors opening and closing them as they shot at me, I drove down the length of the airfield and out of range of their guns, but I didn't take kindly to having holes shot in my brand new ride, no sir. I swung back around behind a wall and parked my truck next to the Restaurant opposite of the ATC and Hangars. I had a pretty good view from here and noticed an endless number of zombies making their way to the ATC, so my would be truck thieves are held up in there fighting off the zombies before they move on. I took it upon myself to repay them in kind for shooting at me, so when one of the guys went to the overhang of the ATC near the top, I shot him in the backpack to ruin his goods, he had a small backpack though so I saw blood spurt when my bullet landed. He quickly ran down the stairs to hide from my revenge. Unfortunately for him he stopped in front of a small window and I was ready and waiting. Another shot, he's down. I watch as his comrade strips the gear of off the body, it was a woman that I put down.. I couldn't tell under all the military gear and helmet. No time for remorse, there is still one tango left and if I don't put him down he will put me down. So I wait.

And I wait.

It feels like hours but only 20 minutes or so go by, and I decide its not worth starving as my stomach grumbles, I decide to go back to my truck and drive by to see if they are even still there. The new holes on the left side of my truck tell me he is. I don't stick around anymore, I leave the airfield to try and feed my empty stomach. I drive down to Vybor and start grabbing supplies, when I hear my truck start as I'm in the school. Damn, I was careless. I couldn't get a shot off on this thief and I ran him down from Vybor to Kabanino and back, as he nearly ran me over as I entered Kabanino. But I lost track of him after that. I decided the north was too much for me and decided to journey elsewhere, heading south.
This concludes my story the other morning.

(I'm pretty sure the truck thief was the person I killed in the ATC, if so, WELL PLAYED INDEED.)

Cheers