Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• And so they arrive

• Tell your day-to-day stories here
Tell your day-to-day stories here
 #3040  by garvey3757

After months in the wastelands the first of the hermits arrive in Chernarus. Slowly moving in from the North Garv twitches at every noise, the snap of a branch, the shifting of a metal fence against its fixings. The months alone in wilderness had attuned Garv's every senses.
Swiftly moving through the undergrowth down the West of Chernarus Garv worked out the lay of the land. The towns and villages looked completely abandoned, he entered a the small town of Vybor scouring each building silently for supplies. Whilst keeping flat against the old school wall Garv peers around the corner of the derelict building, there it was a zombie flinching and ticking in the car park. Without a sound Garv rushed up behind the zombie and embedded the fire-axe up to its hilt into the zombie's soft skull sending it sprawling to the ground, with flick of his wrist he removed the axe from the zombie's head, time to move on!
As he made his exit to the south of Vybor the roar of an old diesel truck loomed in the distance coming his way, "survivors?" he softly mumbled to himself the sound of his voice almost alien to him. 'I haven't seen another person for over a week now' thoughts streaming back to when he had met with two of his brothers in arms, after one had got himself pinned down on a warehouse roof surrounded by a small horde of undead.
There were nine hermits altogether, all well trained in the art of combat, each quite capable of looking after themselves and which they do. After being abandoned in the field by their comrades as the military retreated from the wastelands the hermits promised to search the lands for anyway to rejoin their ranks, but that's another tale to be told.
Quickly Garv scrambled over the short cut hay field to the nearest bale, here he set himself and waited. When the truck got nearer he raised the mosin from behind the bale and looked down the scope. Inside the truck's cabin he could make out two people dressed in military clothing but there was something not quite right with their faces. He turned the dial on the scope, there it was they were wearing some sort of masks, definitely not military men. The truck juddered past and disappeared behind the first of the buildings leading into Vybor from the south, even though Garv could no longer see the vehicle he could still hear it's unevenly timed engine. Eventually it emerged again leading of down the road to the east. 'Do I follow or should I see where it came from?' he thought to himself.
He would do neither for that moment as his walkie crackled into life. "Garv you there? Hey Garv you there?" the voice whispered.
Garv knew exactly who this was, "yes Verbal I'm here."
"Still in one piece then Garv? Where you located?" Verbal asked.
"Currently moving south west of a village named Vybor, made visual contact with two locals, what about you?" He replied.
"Well funny you should mention the locals..." Verbal's voice still keeping at a whisper, "two of them seemed to be trying to get a bit funky with a woman dressed as a medic. The men have now been laid to rest and the woman has flipped and sprinted off into the nearest undergrowth, going to wait it out a bit and see if anything else turns up."
Garv sighed last thing he wanted was any trouble this early on getting into a new area, "Where you to? Do you need any help?"
"No, no I'm fine brother. About 800 meters from the bodies on top of a cliff face south west of Krasnoe. Will be moving east to the coast then south, if we circle in we should meet in a couple of days." Verbal reassured Garv.
"OK man but any trouble give me a shout, remember there are only two of us in this area at the moment so spread thin. Garv signing off".
'Bollocks!' Garv thought, 'If the locals didn't know we have arrived they soon bloody will, oh well just hope some of the locals are friendly for their sakes!"