Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• The Story of Mr. Chance

• Tell your day-to-day stories here
Tell your day-to-day stories here
 #3039  by lank3033

Mr Chance was a nice guy once. He still fancies himself as a fairly friendly guy to this day. But he knows deep down that he isn't quite what he used to be. Before prison, he always had a gambling problem. Any wager you had, he would take it. For him, life revolved around the thrill of the game. Bet on the horses, bet on the football, bet on the underground fights. Dogs, roosters, monkey fights in Bangkok. Bare knuckle fights in the basements of Moscow. He once bet a man he met at a bar 10,000 euros that one rain drop would beat another down a window. While traveling through chernarus, he found himself at an underground card game hosted by a local mobster of one brand or another. Mr. Chance never really knew what the man did in the crime world, only that his was the only game in town with stakes high enough to give the rush Chance needed. When the game was raided, chance found himself rounded up with the other criminals with a trip to a prison out on a small, desolate rock off the coast. His first week there, he spent in horror. Nobody would play dice with him. There were no cards. Nothing to wager on. Not a single other man in the yard or on his block he met would play a single game of chance with him. They turned their backs to him. Even cigarettes were forbidden, the usual currency of the incarcerated. Then one day things changed. A new batch of prisoners had arrived and the cells were now at capacity. Two guards came to. Chance's cell and led him away. 'Where are you taking me?' He asked the dispassionate guards. "Cells too crowded. You are being moved to the last cell on Cellblock C." The psychopath ward. 'But I'm not a psychopath' He protested! 'You are a foreigner. Three nationals will be in your old cell now.' Chance started to protest more, but as soon as he began to struggle a guard zapped him with his baton. When he awoke he found himself in Cell Block C. Alone in his cell, he felt just as empty as he had before. If he didn't get the rush of the game soon he would begin to contemplate the best method of suicide. After a few hours, he heard a soft voice from a cell or two away: "Hello there. I'm Mr. Ted. What's your name?" Chance mumbled back his name to Ted. "Mr. Chance eh? Would you like to play a game?" "A game?" Chance perked up. "What kind of game?" His heart throbbed, and he began to feel the rush of life again! "Well, I had a little wager for you." Ted cooed. "I'll bet you my next meal. I'll bet that when the guard comes into your cell next time that you can't steal his eye." "Steal his eye?" Mr. Chance was stunned. Was he serious? "What do you mean steal his eye? How?"-"Oh that's entirely up to you Mr. Chance. And it can be the left or right, I don't mind which. And nothing bad will happen really. They might beat you. But there's nowhere else to go you see. You can't move anywhere else. Your stuck here on Cell Block C with us." Mr. Chance was shocked. The feeling of the rush was upon him in full force. Upon considering the wager and the difficulty of the task, instead of revulsion he felt nothing but excitement. "So will you take my wager?" Asked Ted. Mr. Chance was silent for a long while. Then finally, with the full force of the gambling rush upon him he excitedly whispered back: "I'll bet you that I can take both!" When the poor guard came in to check over his bunk a few hours later, Mr. Chance gave him a smile, then sprang across the cell and plunged his fingers deep into the poor man's sockets. His screams echoed down the hallway as the rest of the Cellblock laughed with glee. After the beatings from the guards were over nobody came to Mr. Chances cell for many days. In fact all the guards were strangely absent. Mostly Evacuated to the mainland because of the virus. The prison was left almost entirely to the inmates. When Cell Block C managed to free itself, Mr. Chance was with them through it all. There were many wagers. Mr. Ted and the rest of them loved to play all sorts of games! Games Mr. Chance never would have previously considered playing. Once they escaped the island, Mr. Ted promised that there would be many more games to play. Mr. Chance liked that very much indeed. For after all, without the Rush of the wager, there really is no point to living is there? Maybe we'll come and play some games with you!
-From Cell Block C