Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• The Self Induced ballad of Verbal Kint.....

• Tell your day-to-day stories here
Tell your day-to-day stories here
 #2940  by Felony Inhibitor

"They call me Verbal because they say I talk to much." - Yes, that rhetoric worked once, when I had the opportunity to place my chess pieces prior to the game ever starting, but not here. Not on this ship. I wouldn't even have the audacity to call it a ship if it weren't larger than most of those in my employ. That's the issue isn't it? My employ. Those that work for me never know and those that think they do are the truest of pawns, pulled from the primordial ooze of society and placed on their squares truly believing that the duration of their lives had not already been chosen for them. I almost envy them now.

I would not be on this "ship" were it not for Samantha. Dead, just like the rest of my family, or so I was told. The call however, did eventually find me, albeit late, and nonsensical on my part, to act upon, depending on your take on it.

I am not a man that allows emotion to carry him. The weight of life is too strong to insinuate that you can offset such a thing with emotion. Samantha changed that. Such a small thing she still was. I first saw her again through the scope of a rifle... It was the only thing we had at our disposal that allowed long range reconnaissance, given my history, if you knew it, you would understand.

She needed me, that was obvious. Life has a way of pointing you toward your reason for "being" just when you may have been subconsciously faltering in that respect. Anyway, the rifle attached to said scope was used, and she was not harmed, by that rifle, or what was seen through it.

We lived for a time, in harmony. Until the alarms sounded. Now here I am on this ship. Why did they bring so many of those things. They are not alive. Obviously dead. They are also not the threat. I can see, even being among the most important of VIP's, the look, the look the living give. Wanting, evermore so now.

Money is of no consequence.
The bad have attached themselves to the barnacles. You had better know how to scrape.
Samantha is in danger.

Money is of no consequence. They must have thought it was to me... Ever. I was a good man before this, that was tested. Now they are really testi.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm sorry Samantha.

Let the Boxes open, Pandora was a joke. Those that remain.... Well.... Remember:

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world, he didn't exist." -KS
 #3557  by WrknClssHero

Appreciated story. . . . . .
whose pages still turning. . . . . .
whose story yet unfolds. . . . . .
before all fires burning. . . . . .
in the eyes of the bold.