Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Pinkerton vs Gentlemen Bastards

• Two men enter, one man leaves...
Two men enter, one man leaves...
 #5049  by Jenny P

False accusations and trying to get people banned just because your stuff is getting stolen is something I have an issue with. When they have proven earlier that were not glitching AT ALL! This all just needs to stop and you need to stop getting so pissed that you are getting stolen from it happens it's a game.....
You have set up a MARKED trading post on the map where there are bad guys and bandits and everything roaming around.
The same happened to me with the Green zone, but you don't see me trying to get people banned over it!
This is a witch hunt, that is going way to far now. If you want to make a blacklist then do that but don't feel like you have the right to kill them when they come to trade, you are a neutral area and unless someone comes in shooting or with their gun up you should not be killing them no matter who they are!
Also if you don't want them there ask them to leave, if they refuse then deal with them.
You have every right to protect your stuff, but killing people in a neutral zone that you cannot prove have done anything is not on.
 #5050  by Weyland

Before I start, i want to say that the Gentelmen Bastards are in good standing since their arrival to the colony. Never had a problem, not a once. I've spoken with them regarding these accusations and they've been very responsive and informative. There seems to be some conflicting stories regarding details of security.

In case things get heated, I've decided to make a topic here in the Thunderdome. This is an open discussion in hopes that the two parties can find some sort of resolution and move past these accusations.

Thank you for your time...
 #5051  by DKmintz

Hey guys, Speccy Bastard here.

From a personal point of view, I hope we are all in the same frame of mind that this is a bit of fun and what times I have spoken to traders or other groups at Pinkerton I have enjoyed.

My character however is a mean old Gentleman Bastard. If you do exactly what he says then you are likely to survive in some fashion. Speccy Bastards frame of mind is in serious question due to one driving factor. The number of friends he has had that have been gunned down in the grounds of the Pinkerton camp, well....this just won't do. There is one name he hunts.

For me, there is no personal vendetta to be had on a personal level. Frustration is a natural part of DayZ and I use that to drive my character. I've never enjoyed US-2 as much as I am right now and I hope that this vein of gameplay continues.

There is also a point raised about glitching. There should hopefully be no more to say on the matter now that we have demonstrated our techniques to the admin, who is satisfied.
 #5052  by Kamros

Hallo,

I have no issue with the Pinkerton Trading Company, I have even been in and traded with them on a couple of occasions. I think the idea of a central trading area is great as it gives people a great chance to RP with people they might not otherwise encounter but it can also be a force behind alliances and conflicts on the server. We ourselves went into the area a few days ago with the intention of trading and interacting with others but no trader was around so we hung about interacted for a bit and 3 of us were gunned down as we were leaving because 1 or 2 of us may have been a little intimidating. The whole time we were there our guns were holstered and we never threatened to kill anyone.

Setting up this post can and will attract people looking to rob or hold people up as they know there are likely to be high value items there. This surely can't come as a surprise to anyone.

Our colony are playing bandits and we most likely will hold you up but if you go with it you'll most likely make it out alive. We met BigSaks in our town the other day and he may wish to confirm that we told him he would make it out alive if he complied but unfortuantely a server restart means we will never know what could have happened there as when the server came back up he ran off before we got back on.

I don't know where people have come up with the idea that we are using glitches, wall hacks or whatever to get into certain areas but this is not the case and Weyland has been given a demo of our entrance to such places. The fact that you are using bugged mechanics to attempt to secure buildings is an exploit so look inward before looking out.

We don't wait until people are offline either as where is the fun in that? We go to these areas when we know people are on and there is a chance they are there. Bit boring going on knowing there is no one there. I believe both times we were there yesterday there were guards/security in the area, having to spoken Whizz in the immediately area and clery identified myself.

There seems to be a personal vendetta against us with an aim to get us off the server. I hope this is not the case but perhaps some of you can explain why this may be.
Last edited by Kamros on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #5054  by Kamros

Well I'm glad that we are getting into buildings through doors and not through magical portals or any other means. The using tents to block doors thing is a bug pure and simple, the devs have even said so. If you can produce some evidence of our members glitching etc that you have then please do so otherwise please accept that we are not doing this an allow us to move on from this.

I'd also appreciate it if others would drop their personal grudges with us over stuff that has happened in game.
 #5056  by Jenny P

They have already explained themselves to Weyland and even given him a demo of how. Is that seriously not enough for you?
This is going way too far and being blown way out of proportion than it actually needs to be.
Ever thought maybe someone else got in before them? Or someone had not secured it correctly? Or any other number of possibilities?! No you just pointing fingers and making unwarranted accusations because you don't like the way they are in game and as someone said want to "make them rage quit or get them banned" For what?! Being bandits and RPing as bandits?!
Your stuff got stolen, so what?! Go get more!! Stop getting so damn upset over it seriously! We had a seven hour battle at the Green Zone then once we had won we all logged off and they came back and stole a load of stuff while we were logged off, IT HAPPENS...... But that is the risk you took when you set it up and marked it on the map (Y) So deal with it instead of getting so irate and throwing accusations and butt hurt around.
 #5057  by vtrich

Just my two cents as a new Survivor.

The trading post was my second encounter with other survivors since I swam ashore having had to ditch a helicopter I flew from a research and recovery vessel offshore which became overrun with zombies.

Pinkerton's was a place I learned about from the bandits that took my pants and hunting rifle in my first encounter. While it took several more days of investigating to find Pinkerton's, what I found was the first place where I felt an uneasy calm. In fact, the trading colony gave me hope.

First, there were other survivors, non of which tried to take my pants. In fact, I received a few helpful survivor tips, like to ditch that military hat I was wearing. Anything that reduces the likelihood I get shot seems to be a good thing. I met some members of the Commonwealth there as guards, McDoogan, who I found has a collection of books, and several others which, while they seemed wary of me, were not there to kill people.

The Trading post serves a vital role in separating colonists from the mindless infected which have killed so many others. It is a place of where new survivors can encounter others on a neutral ground of sorts. I am always wary that I may get robbed going to and from Pinkerton's. It is not wholly unexpected. However, I would think that the trading organization is much more a vital ally than an angry adversary.

While McDoogan may not himself have many soldiers, he can hire them. Being the only trading company (at present), he has positioned himself to have significant influence. And let's face it, he provides a service valued by many. So I imagine his list of allies he can draw upon would be great.

Now, if a rival trading colony were to establish itself, I would expect things to escalate... quickly.
 #5058  by Kamros

Ian_mcdoogan wrote:When(the perpetrator) steals a bus from my garage that no one could enter by way of the two doors, what am I supposed to conclude?
Perhaps entertain the possibility that one someone didn't secure it correctly?

I was involved in 7 hour battle mentioned above, I was on the inside working to defend the Green Zone and was the last person to log off after it all. I have done my time on this server and never once I have felt a need to cheat or exploit in order to get anywhere, I just play the game and see where it takes me. Sometimes it's the seaside.

If you guys are just looking to make us rage quit at this point then you are shit out of luck because we wont be going anywhere.

By the way, your bus is in our base, feel free to come and take it back and maybe interact with us in game and see if we can reach some sort of arrangement for it's return.