Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Bandits - Kabanino - feb 4th

• Two men enter, one man leaves...
Two men enter, one man leaves...
 #2511  by Pvt. Hudson

I was so happy I found my first V3S (red one) on Stary Sobor and was driving around Kabanino, trying to head north, but had not much fuel left in tank though.

Truck got shot by automatic weapons. I left the truck for the bandit(s) and started running but he (them) decided to shoot me dead. From behind.

I thought I had it all recorded but OBS just got me audio. I've counted around 50 shots on the audio.

I was waiting for the bandit(s) to say something, but nothing until I alt+tabbed to tell some friends what happened.

About 15 minutes later 2 of my friends were killed north of Stary Sobor by people fully geared who claimed to be Potatoes. Not a coincidence I believe...

So here is the deal:

I DARE YOU, mr. bandit(s) to step up and man up. Tell me your in-game name(s).
If nobody has the guts to do so, I'm gonna change my approach. No more mr. nice guy.

Last week I had 3 of the Potatoes on my LRS sights and I didn't shoot because my friend Nichorobo said he came across them while driving his V3S and they were nice to him.

If the bandit(s) don't identify himself everytime I come across a heavily armed group of 3+ people you will get shot at . I don't care about walking out alive or not. But I won't get shot from behind again.
 #2516  by =PK=IRISH

Don't let anyone that play kos change your way of playing friendly. If killing folks on site is what floats your boat then by all means do it and enjoy the colony. But that's a really easy way to play and you'll probabaly get bored sooner or later.
Playing friendly opens up so many more avenues in the game, and still leaves a wide range of PVP opportunities for you to enjoy.

Lastly: Last night I had 4-5 people message me in game saying the Potatoes killed them. Talking to Weyland, who has logs of who killed who now... it sure didn't sound like they had done everything they were accused of doing. I'm sure some of it comes from what they have done in the past, but if Weyland tells me that the stats show they are not doing everything people are accusing them of, then I believe the stats.

Just something to keep in mind. We all want to have someone to blame when we are pissed about getting killed. I do think though that we also want the real culprit, not just the most likely. There's lots of new people on the server now that it will take time to get figured out in terms of how they play.
 #2519  by Beautancus

I'll say well said on your part there Irish. Just cause it went down the shitter this time doesn't mean that stepping up a bit and being the kind of person that was required the next time, and saving potentially more lives with more potential paying it forward IS absolutely worth it. The long-term gratification of building something will always, always, always net you more of a high, and on multiple occasions than the insta-gratification of murder without art. Which is to say, justice.
 #2522  by Jccowardin

Hudson - we (Potatoes) were around Kabanino at points last night, but did not shoot at any trucks around there.

Apparently we did kill Nichorobo as well (I was not present for this) because it was believed, true or not, that he had shot at us.

We had very little action last night, was very disappointing actually. We saw Tomjon, and I got run over in Pavlovo but got everything back. We also saw Derek Scamp and Danny, which was cool as I had not met either of them yet. Then ran all the way north and back to stary with no action really :(