Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Pale Riders - Good Guys or Hypocrites?

• Two men enter, one man leaves...
Two men enter, one man leaves...
 #2461  by =PK=IRISH

IvanS. wrote:
CoachB wrote:I see.
yeah most of us were on a trip from Polana back to base, we got attack there and I actually though it was some of you guys, guess it wasn't.

This base felt so safe for a week I guess we grew careless just standing around it chilling lol.

Good thing most of the stuff was logged out an hour prior except for that PSO :cry:

still think there's a snitch tho haha!
Holy grail of loot theses dayz, aside from helicopter loot.
For you maybe Ivan. For us it was leftovers for most the group.

To answer the original question (even though you know the answer): We only kill threats to us on sight. If the tots played nice, we wouldn't kill you on sight. Until that changes, we will continue to kill you on sight. You took the first step by stopping all the Bambi killing. It's pretty silly though to kos like you do then whine on the boards about how we killed you on sight (Console killing Prestige tot) like we've told you we will do if you play the way you do. We roleplay a survivor group that only attacks those that threaten our survival or the colony survival. We could post video of us killing you when we do, or pics of us killing tots and taking tents. We don't bother because its pointless to post daily activities. We can even kill tots without yelling a bunch of profanity and acting like asshats.

Play however you want to play. It really doesn't matter. If you play friendly, we play friendly. If you don't, we'll continue to kill you on sight every chance we get. I'd expect you do no less.

We do our best to always play as "good guys", it's not an easy way to play and it puts us at a disadvantage most of the time. It is however a great way to enjoy the game. KOS is easy mode, especially in groups with the best gear. I think most groups that want to play that way ultimately get bored and quit or change for a greater challenge at some point. That's probably about where you guys are at right now as a group. It'll take thick skin to maintain though, because if you do really start playing friendly you will absolutely die more often than playing easy mode.
 #2462  by CoachB

Irish have been at war with you guys way before I joined the server, I believe what he says takes into account the days with the cowboys plus the general propaganda war we're with you guys.

I can only speak for myself because I haven't been on this server for long but I'm fairly sure I've killed more potatoes then I've been killed.

That being said we rarely post about it, you'll see mostly response to tots posts because most of the times you guys talk about the wins but not the losts ;) (wich I can understand)

That being said, I know there's bad blood between us but it's been fun and I'm trying to keep it respectful because at the ens of the day we can all die climbing a ladder.
 #2468  by Jccowardin

=PK=IRISH wrote: For you maybe Ivan. For us it was leftovers for most the group.

To answer the original question (even though you know the answer): We only kill threats to us on sight. If the tots played nice, we wouldn't kill you on sight. Until that changes, we will continue to kill you on sight. You took the first step by stopping all the Bambi killing. It's pretty silly though to kos like you do then whine on the boards about how we killed you on sight (Console killing Prestige tot) like we've told you we will do if you play the way you do. We roleplay a survivor group that only attacks those that threaten our survival or the colony survival. We could post video of us killing you when we do, or pics of us killing tots and taking tents. We don't bother because its pointless to post daily activities. We can even kill tots without yelling a bunch of profanity and acting like asshats.

Play however you want to play. It really doesn't matter. If you play friendly, we play friendly. If you don't, we'll continue to kill you on sight every chance we get. I'd expect you do no less.

We do our best to always play as "good guys", it's not an easy way to play and it puts us at a disadvantage most of the time. It is however a great way to enjoy the game. KOS is easy mode, especially in groups with the best gear. I think most groups that want to play that way ultimately get bored and quit or change for a greater challenge at some point. That's probably about where you guys are at right now as a group. It'll take thick skin to maintain though, because if you do really start playing friendly you will absolutely die more often than playing easy mode.
Irish, I could start by addressing the inconsistencies here on the gear claims, but you've already proven yourself to be a poor writer and I'll just skip to the point: Despite your baseless claims, we rarely kill on sight. We DO typically play friendly and help others, unless we are threatened. You may die more playing as a "good guy" but it is likely because you lack skill, not because you play some other way. I find it easy most of the time to determine if someone is friendly by their initial reaction in-game, and rarely die in assumed-friendly encounters. You're full of shit, and most people know it. You claim things are "well documented" without ever providing said documentation.

Coach, I appreciate your perspective. You do have a good attitude and a good point, so I'll let it lie.

It was still fun raiding your base and we'll see how long it takes us to find your next one.
 #2477  by Phinkydo

I think the point has been over looked, this thread is not to complain about the KoS on potato, we in fact enjoy this from time to time as it reminds you of the struggle in these times and that you can never let your guard down.
The KoS situation was just used as an example that rivalries exists and whether it is potatoes killing pale riders or vice versa, but when almost every 2nd post from Irish is warning the good folk of Chernarus to "watch out for the tots" as they KoS everyone then we do create forum post to show that we are just as good or bad as the any other survivor colony.

Yes there are times we have KoS but very rarely (and as if anyone else has never done it) and as for all those bambis, breaking their legs fixing them up and torturing them is NOT KOS it is however banditry which we use to do. The only other fresh spawns we have killed have only been those who are clearly running back for their loot.

TLDR: Everyone makes mistakes no one plays their role in this world perfectly rivalries are good and part of what makes the game fun lies and propaganda however don't make this game fun. We are thankful that some of our enemies are good sports Aziok, CoachB, Conzole and others for the most part although frustrated in the moment we only hope we can act in the same way as well as others too.