Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• A Potato Public Service Announcement

• Two men enter, one man leaves...
Two men enter, one man leaves...
 #2342  by Xycia

CPD and others going against their roles? I'm sorry you may say what you want but we have been very consistent of being police officers. I think I've maybe killed 2 people on this server since the start.

Changing your roles however you want to is fine, but don't define us as doing the same. We have never played the bandit role on this server.

Sure bring up Austin, but that is why he is no longer with the rest of us. He went against our code and we went separate ways.

Thanks
 #2345  by Zombie Dust

Great PR statement, but actions speak louder than words. You are enemies with clans that have rules to not KOS and boot their own members for doing so. Yet these forums are filled with stories of your banditry. The cowboys (which basically dont exist anymore) reacted to multiple accounts and personal interactions of Potatoes killing freshies and and being general dicks to hero and neutral players. You can't decided to spare people from time to time and post it as evidence of not being bandits.

People can watch the videos and read the posts and decided for themselves.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1263
 #2368  by lank3033

Playing as a survivor doesn't mean you are trying to play as christ himself, sparing all and forgiving them their sins. Its supposed to be a survival game. Sometimes you are in a situation where people should be shot for the greater safety of the group. Maybe they had good intentions and wouldn't have actually come back to hurt your group, but better safe than sorry. Got someone skulking around who wont tell you what group they run with or let you check their tags? As a solo player its easy to run away, but when you run with 3 or 4 people the danger becomes greater and greater that other groups of people will want to do you harm. In this case, people who don't comply with requests are very suspicious. "If hes alone, why wont he let the 4 of us search his stuff if we say we will let him go? We obviously have the upper hand. He might have friends near by or an ak/grenade stashed in his bag he wants to use on us." People who shoot other people in this situation dont strike me as bandits, just players playing on the aggressively safe side- where the safety of the group is held high over the well being of others (Hobbes anyone?). Sure you can be friendly with people to a point. But this is a a land without law or society. Its everyone for themselves out there. Life is Brutal, nasty and short. I was in Polena the other day at the pub relaxing. A fellow runs back and forth by the front windows without saying anything looking sketchy for a bit. Then he returns 5 minutes later and does the same thing. The guards go out and get him to come in the pub and explain himself. After telling everyone his story ( he had logged out here the night before, didnt think people were here, yadda yadda yadda) and after being offered a place at the pub and some food and drink he gets to the point of being let go. Before the guard can free him from his cuffs the fellow says, obviously angry, "you know you shouldn't treat people like this, I could shoot you all." Do you let that man back out into the wide world? No, you take him out back and shoot him. Just to be safe. So that the rest of the group can enjoy what they have free of fear for a moment.
 #2372  by JeSTeR

Good post. I have nothing against you guys or certain colonies here. You guys didn't KoS'd me the first time I met you and at least talked, but I will never know if you would kill the next person you would come across with.
I see a lot of people talking bad stuff about PTE and how they did this and that, but anyone here isn't better than anyone. Sure we could avoid any negative comment against us, but sometimes it's hard because we think what the other person said against us isn't that right or should shut up because there's a lot of people killing/torturing/etc others on the server as well, and we need to defend ourselves, after all.
For example, there's a few people here that dislikes me from what I've done to others, or my play style... whatever. And they want to KoS me no matter what, or set up traps or bounties on me. But that's not a reason to keep saying shit about me in any place. Just try to revenge and kill me and that's it. But there's some people that always like drama and by talking they think they are the best and that's a bad thing from them.
Lately I've been friendly with people and also setting up everything to keep my delivery service role play going on the server, and only been killing in self defense, like I did yesterday twice. And one time or another I eat human meat just for the fun of it.
There will always be someone butt hurt with others attitudes and we all know that. See, I really dislike some people's play style or the fact they killed me without a proper reason (I accept "was hungry and wanted some human meat so I killed you" as a reason for killing, lol) - And sure I could revenge, but I don't keep saying shit about that person or colony. Sure I could say on TS that I don't trust X player or that I wished that the X colony didn't KoS'd so much, but I don't need to break their reputation. It's just not polite.

This is DayZ - KoS will never stop. Rivalries will always exist. But keeping the social networks clean and only saying what's necessary to hunt a certain person or group is all we need to do - don't need to go to a lower level.

If someone KoS others inside of military areas - it's ok, it's a military/death zone after all. Outside of those areas, a different attitude would be better. But people don't need to complain much about the other who KoS'd them on the danger areas.

I really dislike the fact that Polana keeps being under fire due to some people wanting to kill easier - because they know there will always be some people there to kill and they make up an excuse for killing. I don't hear much bad things about these kind of people. But if it's the Potatoes - brace yourselves, here comes the shit talking again...

I didn't have the greatest attitudes in the past, and keep uploading DayZ videos about bambi killing and so on will make people judge me the worst possible way ever existed, not meaning they have to knock me down or pointing the gun at me all the time. I like to have fun, and being now passive won't stop people thinking or saying stuff about me. But I don't care anymore. I get killed, I respawn. I'm having fun with my play style? I'll keep playing like this.
So, have fun :)!
 #2374  by |SAB|Conzole

Sinter you came to our camp just an hour after we had been attacked what would you have done if you had 3 ak 101's in your military tent and 3 dudes came sneaking up to you in the hills? Lol....
 #2384  by MoeksOne

Very well said Lank3033.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that being uncooperative while outnumbered or outgunned is going to jeopardise your safety.. the only option you have is to comply or die in many scenarios. At least you have the chance at living if you don't act like an asshat and play out the roleplay presented to you. Of course situations with KOSers are always annoying or frustrating, but if someones given you the time to reply, chances are they aren't just going to light you up for no reason. There's always a lot of confusion surrounding random interactions (are they alone, are they trying to set me up, etc) all you can do is try your best to cooperate if you're given the chance.

From what I've seen of TPE lately, they're at least putting effort into their interactions and not just KOSing so you can't really ask for much more. Good to see you guys (TPE) are going against the reputation you gained as KOS / bandits, even if you're not strictly "friendly" (its boring when everyone wants to hold hands and party in Polana all the time). You bring a (somewhat) healthy balance to the server and I really enjoy watching your colonies videos, I'm looking forward to stumbling into you eventually, despite the fact it's almost a given that I'll be murdered (or an assisted suicide :p) (based off of previous conversations, not because of banditry). All I hope is that it's a fun bit of roleplay, whatever the outcome. -Equinsu Ocha