Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• The Trading post suicide bomber.

• Two men enter, one man leaves...
Two men enter, one man leaves...
 #2115  by Jccowardin

=PK=IRISH wrote:I wasn't in game when the event took place, but am not at all surprised how things went based on the way it was all handled. It might have gone off better if the tots had put some distance between the event and their kosing days. Respect is something earned, not given. It will take some time.

As for you, you are right, you haven't been around long enough to know any of the history and I'm not going to take the time to educate you. The history doesn't mean much anyhow if they are changing their ways. I'm all for having less kos on the Colony server. I can say though that every time you post it's obvious you have your head so far up the tots ass that I can't tell where they end and you begin.

Hopefully the tots can move on and do some good things on the server. We have plenty of bandit groups and KOSers to keep them busy all day long if that's the path they are going to pursue. Best of luck.
Typical condescending Irish response. I love how he tries to elevate himself as if his respect were important despite the fact that he is completely irrelevant.

Lank, you are one dude who has a strong grasp on logic, and we appreciate that. Keep on telling it like it is.

I was overwatch on the trading post and would say that it was a totally awesome event. Yes, someone infiltrated it and managed to blow everyone up. All of us Potatoes knew that someone would try to do that, and we had a blast trying to stop them. We successfully repelled multiple heavily armed groups from our main vantage point on Zub as well as from the other hills. The battles were fierce and fun. We would have left much better geared than we arrived due to these failed attacks if it weren't for the server restarts killing tons of gear.

The bottom line was that people were engaged, and that is what matters in a community. We got the traders out to trade, the mercs out to help defend, and the bandits out to attack/bomb. And while some folks lost some gear, I'd say the event was a success. If you really think that we expected to be able to stop everyone from trying to sabotage us, you're wrong. We fully expected it and the fact that it was done by exploitation and not skill shows that we handled the event pretty well in my opinion.

Shout out to the Draugr folks (StonesOde, Fuggak, Babydoll) for being fun to hang with and super helpful.

Quick Irish, reply with something arrogant explaining how important you are to this server and how your superb grasp of it's history makes you the granddaddy of it all. Those like Lank who have the power of common sense know the truth about that.
 #2120  by lank3033

Irish, you especially among the cowboys act with nothing but condescension usually on these forums. I say that the vitriol strikes me, an outsider, as abusurd and your response is to sneer and say "well of course you would think its silly, you're an outsider. Fuck you and Im not gonna give you any context or reasoning behind it." I dont think I have my head up anybodys ass. I've stated that I've been killed by them before. I've had beef with them before. We made amends because they were big enough to admit their mistakes. You seem to miss the point of people's main problem with how the bombing went down which is that it took advantage of a server restart. Just say "we as the cowboys condemn these sorts of tactics and wish the potato's good luck in the future." Instead its like a bunch of petulant children being holier than though. History sure means something to me and you guys are certainly filling out a pretty page with your general attitudes to all this. Nobody wants to tell me what they did to you to piss you off so bad you can't be civil? They kose'd me three times in an hour once. Made me want to flip my fucking keyboard. I got over it because I'm a big boy and so are they. What was so big your collective group of manchildren can't move on? Seriously I want to know.
 #2154  by Jccowardin

I'm glad you managed to kill the other Carter on the server. I played as Carter (2) for several days until that was sorted out.

Never worn a ghillie hood in my entire time on the server.
 #2156  by PrestigePotato

Jccowardin wrote:I'm glad you managed to kill the other Carter on the server. I played as Carter (2) for several days until that was sorted out.

Never worn a ghillie hood in my entire time on the server.
Nor ttsko :P
Try again irish :-(
 #2157  by Fuggaak

Thanks for the shout out Carter! We here at Draugr had an awesome time, and we hope that there will be many more to come! I don't care what rumors or truths there are about you guys in the past, in my eyes you're a solid group with great leadership that I would run with any time. I might even carry a potato with me now hahaha!
 #2158  by =PK=IRISH

Riiight. That post wasn't mine. It was the OTHER Irish on the server. He copied my sig and everything.

BTW - have you figured out yet how the mags and bomb were smuggled in the event? I keep waiting to hear you all figure it out at some point, but so far nobody has mentioned it... Surprised guys as sharp as you don't know how that guy could tell you what he was going to do, then do it, and you still don't think he did it and can't figure out how he did. I still can't believe you let him walk in there.
 #2160  by Jccowardin

Try harder.

There literally is another dude who plays on the colony with the same name. I'd admit to you if you had killed me, 100%. The only death I've had in the last week was at Zelenogorsk but it was not to the folks in that picture.

Really does not matter though, the point still stands.