Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• The Trading post suicide bomber.

• Two men enter, one man leaves...
Two men enter, one man leaves...
 #2055  by lank3033

The trading post hosted by the potato's was beset by many attackers who were all dispatched without fatalities to any of the traders inside. Until a fellow who's tags I never got opened fire on one of the guards right before a server crash. In the confusion of the server coming back online a player with a blue bomber jacket ran through to the post and detonated a grenade. This killed many of the visitors as well as some guards. Taking advantage of a restart in such a way is complete horseshit. Cowardly, terrorist tactics. And tactics that would have never worked had you not been able to run up to the town in the confusion of a server restart (as that town was locked down well by the security teams). It truly is sad that people had to resort to this sort of bullshit because they couldn't actually outgun or outmaneuver the guards/hosts in any sort of real way. I would love to have a list of names compiled here of all the aggressors who were killed during the event(7 I heard at last count before I died, the first on the list of dead being VanDine, didnt get the rest), and especially I would like to know who the shitty little bomber was. I have no wish to do business with people or groups who wish to disrupt one of the only meetups being offered on this 'roleplay' server in such a shitty way. Hate the potato's? Wait till the conclusion of the event and try to kill them as they depart. No need to kill people who are only looking to trade and interact with one another and there is certainly no need to take advantage of restarts in such a crap way. About as bad as ghosting in my opinion.
 #2058  by JackeL

the note of the bomber said potato elites?

i dont kno the exact details i chose not to attend cus i kne something would go down, if not this then the potatos themselves just collecting some fish in a barrel b4 unloading on them haha
 #2059  by lank3033

I was present at the event for the entirety(second to arrive). I'm 100% it wasnt a potato shooting/killing other potato's. Prestige died in the same grenade blast that I did, and I watched an unknown assailant gun down a potato before the server reset/grenade blast happened.
 #2066  by Fuggaak

The bomber took advantage of the server crash/restart to infiltrate a FRIENDLY trading event, there was no outsmarting. The despicable use of a chaotic server crash is all that happened. If the server had been up the bomber would have most likely been stopped far short of entering the barn.
 #2070  by =PK=IRISH

Alex, you can't argue with his results now can you? He told you before hand what he was going to do, then he did it. Who's skirt were you hiding under during all this?

LOL
 #2072  by lank3033

Who's skirts was I hiding under? I'm not sure of you'r implication. My point is simply that if you are proud of taking advantage of a server crash to reach your ends, then you don't have much respect for the game. Even if you think its fine to kill a bunch of traders as long as a few potato's die too, the excercise is futile and punishes the traders more than the potatoes. The potato's and the mercs im sure were able to recover their fallen friends gear and leave. The traders who came alone were shit out of luck once the grenade went off. As someone relatively new to the server (about a month) all the folks who seem to be sneering and giggling about the 'failure in security' have done nothing but generally act more like asses than I've ever seen the potatoes acting (and yes, I have seen some of them act like asses). You know what would have impressed me? If the cowboys had shown up in good faith to hang out and socialize with the community. Instead they mostly seem to think its funny that someone pulled this off despite the shitty tactics. Makes me wonder what the Elites ever did to piss in your cornflakes so bad. What's the worst they could have ever done? Bested you in a gunfight? Held you up? Killed you on sight? Stole your online girlfriends? It all just strikes me as absurd and childish to a certain degree.
*edit: But maybe I dont know the secret history.
 #2100  by JeSTeR

In my opinion, anyone who tries to break a friendly/neutral event is a piece of junk that takes advantage of these kind of situations to murder people. If that bomberman or whatever tried to violate the event rules wanted to kill specific players or colonies that were about to meet there, damn it kill those in any other time that an event is not occurring. Or outside the event location. Slay the bomber!
 #2113  by =PK=IRISH

lank3033 wrote:Who's skirts was I hiding under? I'm not sure of you'r implication. My point is simply that if you are proud of taking advantage of a server crash to reach your ends, then you don't have much respect for the game. Even if you think its fine to kill a bunch of traders as long as a few potato's die too, the excercise is futile and punishes the traders more than the potatoes. The potato's and the mercs im sure were able to recover their fallen friends gear and leave. The traders who came alone were shit out of luck once the grenade went off. As someone relatively new to the server (about a month) all the folks who seem to be sneering and giggling about the 'failure in security' have done nothing but generally act more like asses than I've ever seen the potatoes acting (and yes, I have seen some of them act like asses). You know what would have impressed me? If the cowboys had shown up in good faith to hang out and socialize with the community. Instead they mostly seem to think its funny that someone pulled this off despite the shitty tactics. Makes me wonder what the Elites ever did to piss in your cornflakes so bad. What's the worst they could have ever done? Bested you in a gunfight? Held you up? Killed you on sight? Stole your online girlfriends? It all just strikes me as absurd and childish to a certain degree.
*edit: But maybe I dont know the secret history.
I wasn't in game when the event took place, but am not at all surprised how things went based on the way it was all handled. It might have gone off better if the tots had put some distance between the event and their kosing days. Respect is something earned, not given. It will take some time.

As for you, you are right, you haven't been around long enough to know any of the history and I'm not going to take the time to educate you. The history doesn't mean much anyhow if they are changing their ways. I'm all for having less kos on the Colony server. I can say though that every time you post it's obvious you have your head so far up the tots ass that I can't tell where they end and you begin.

Hopefully the tots can move on and do some good things on the server. If they do play friendly and end those kos ways, they'll always have the help of the Cowboy groups and maybe over time the hardships of life on the Colony will bring all the friendly groups together. We have plenty of bandit groups and KOSers to keep them busy all day long if that's the path they are going to pursue. Best of luck to the tots in making that change.