Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Pinkerton Trading Post & Automotive

• Traders and clients should conduct business here
Traders and clients should conduct business here
 #4935  by Caledric

Been an interesting few days, but just stopping by to let you all know that Pinkerton is still stocked and ready to trade. We have a wide variety of weapons, clothes, and even tents.

Is your car not running like she used to? Has your bus blown a tire? We here at Pinkerton have everything you'll need to get it up and running again and an expert mechanic who can fix you right up.

Visit us in the Industrial complex of Vybor.
 #5005  by Sinphaltimus

I have a Defib with a battery. I'm looking for a scoped hunting rifle (Winchester, Mosin, repeater, etc...} with scope and ammo. Sound fair?
Currently on US2 south east region, looting my way up to Vybor.

PS - I have other things too for some misc gear. Like spark plugs and such. Looking for better cloths.
 #5019  by Morgan Castle

At the risk of burning the nature of the barter economy alive, I was wondering what is worth what, at least to Pinkerton Trading Post & Automotive. Would it be possible to set up some sort of "Stock Market"-like effect, somewhere people (i.e. my friends and I) could check how much something would be worth in a trade? I say this mostly because I don't inherently know the value of something, and I was hoping that if Pinkerton Trading had static numbers I wouldn't accidentally lowball myself and say something like "Hey, I found stuff from a Heli crash and I'm looking for an oil barrel".

While I'm here I might as well also ask, my friends and I are looking for tents for storage purposes (or Oil Barrels, but those are a nightmare to transport). A vehicle would also be nice, but those I imagine would be horrendously expensive. I'm almost certain we have stuff worth trading, I just want to check and make sure we're not walking to Pinkerton just to hear "sorry, we're all out of stock on [the stuff we need]."

Lastly, since this is the sticky for the Pinkerton Trading Post, could we get the specific rules for the Trading Post area? I don't want to take the arduous trek only to get shot because of a rule I didn't know about. I heard that we aren't supposed to hold guns in our hands while moving toward the Trading Area; if that's true, but I can't put away the gun because 1. I mean to trade that specific gun and/or 2. I'm traveling heavy and can't put the gun away without dropping it, do I just wait outside of Vybor for a Pinkerton representative to come over and help transport my trade goods?

[Note: Not all of the above is about trading, strictly speaking, just the bit about the tents, but I feel this fits best in the Trading Post area of the forum since the questions are about trading in general, and the Trading Post safe zone's rules, respectively, which I think would be appropriate questions for Trading Post]
 #5020  by Caledric

We are working on putting together a comprehensive ruleset. As far as item values and pinkerton goes. There are definite tiers of value with items, but we also base things off of our stock and current demand for certain items. The more often an item on the mid or higher tier value list the more it's going to cost in trade. Also if our stock is low in something we may place higher importance on it.

What I can say for certain is helo crash items such as the Smersh Vest, VSS, SVD, FAL, and AUG will always catch you a great deal.
Some of the rarer ammo types and magazines such as .308 ammo and 1911 magazines will also usually be worth more, but it is mainly because these are high demand items that we have trouble keeping in stock. As far as tents go. We do have a few still and hope to increase our stock supply in the coming days on those.

You have to also remember that the trading post works on a true bartering system. If we really want an item you have we are willing to haggle. Don't be afraid to bring us anything though. Sometimes we are willing to accept a bunch of stuff we don't need just to help another person out and get them geared.

As far as double carrying. We simply ask that you ALWAYS approach from the front gate (via Vybor) and simply announce yourself to the security staff. They have protocols in place and will then assist you with the process.
 #5806  by Ian_mcdoogan

Until further notice PTC will not be accepting rifles or primary weapons, whether for trade or donation. Double carrying is no longer allowed, for any reason, on PTC grounds. No weapons in hands, no exceptions.

~McDoogan
VP of PTC