Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Ban Appeal

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #6771  by Vasquez

Very confused as to why I was banned for walking (not glitching) into a rock, ONCE (not knowing I was going to phase through a rock). Then told I am expected to report something I know nothing about and had learned about literally last week! Keep in mind I haven't played DayZ in a couple years since last week as well. This specific rock I was in does not even require any type of process to go into it. All you have to do is walk. Of course, ignorance of rules is no excuse but where does it say, besides hacking-free, that players are not allowed to use glitches. Many players use glitches (ie apple tree glitch, rag suicide glitch, ect.) Why should you expect me to report a glitch and not others. I'm sorry but this double standard shit is bull.
 #6772  by Weyland

Vasquez wrote:Very confused as to why I was banned for walking (not glitching) into a rock, ONCE (not knowing I was going to phase through a rock). Then told I am expected to report something I know nothing about and had learned about literally last week! Keep in mind I haven't played DayZ in a couple years since last week as well. This specific rock I was in does not even require any type of process to go into it. All you have to do is walk. Of course, ignorance of rules is no excuse but where does it say, besides hacking-free, that players are not allowed to use glitches. Many players use glitches (ie apple tree glitch, rag suicide glitch, ect.) Why should you expect me to report a glitch and not others. I'm sorry but this double standard shit is bull.
Hello,

You were not confused when I explained it to you. You're posting here to try and get a different result with a dash of deception...not going to happen.

Walking into a rock to access a base is abusing a game-breaking glitch. You went in knowing there was a camp there so there is no room for accident. You also know of another camp in a rock close by.

Game-breaking glitches are bannable offenses. Apple glitch glitch doesn't break the game in our eyes which we like to think is a bit of common sense.

For instance, a client that I have has a Granny Smith apple tree on their property. All I need to do is start grabbing apples and I can grab 20 apples in 20 seconds. I understand the game mechanic, but it doesn't make sense.

You were told you were going into a base that was inside of rocks, yet you continued to do so regardless. You know DZC is tough on game-breaking glitches, you admitted that knowledge to me. I'm not sure what your goal in this post is.

Our rules are clear and found below...

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2575&p=5843#p5843

What should have happened was you should have reported both bases to an admin or moderator with detailed information. We would have taken action and you would have still been here.

The ban stays.

Best,

-Weyland