Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• richie ban appeal

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #6391  by richiebrag

hi there my name is Richie and i have been banned for pvp but have no idea who i killed in the game (if i did). i mean as far as i know i haven't done anything that would result in being banned.

thank you for taking the time to read this
 #6397  by hey10

Hello Richie, did you fall and possibly land on top of someone?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 #6398  by richiebrag

not that im aware of i mean i had some friends who tried to torture some guy. but i stayed out of it and just kept looting stuff, and my friend shot me in the leg and i survived and i shot him in the leg and he survived but we were just messing around. and i also wanted to know the policy on griefing players that are not in a comunity area
 #6406  by Weyland

richiebrag wrote:not that im aware of i mean i had some friends who tried to torture some guy. but i stayed out of it and just kept looting stuff, and my friend shot me in the leg and i survived and i shot him in the leg and he survived but we were just messing around. and i also wanted to know the policy on griefing players that are not in a comunity area
Hello,

In our scheduler that goes off every so often you'll see this message:

"CONSIDERING YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE BY PUNCHING, HITTING WITH MELEE WEAPONS, OR SHOOTING...ALL THREE OF THOSE METHODS WILL GET YOU ON THE BAN LIST..."

Every colonist see's this a multitude of times. The ban stays. This is a no kill PvE server and there is absolutely no room for torture w/o being banned.

Thank you for choosing DayZ Colony and best of luck in 2017!

Best,

-Weyland
 #6412  by richiebrag

but thats the thing i didnt do an torture the ran of trying to kill him and i just continued to loot cars and stuff and neither of them are banned so why am i?
 #6413  by richiebrag

Weyland wrote:
richiebrag wrote:not that im aware of i mean i had some friends who tried to torture some guy. but i stayed out of it and just kept looting stuff, and my friend shot me in the leg and i survived and i shot him in the leg and he survived but we were just messing around. and i also wanted to know the policy on griefing players that are not in a comunity area
Hello,

"CONSIDERING YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE BY PUNCHING, HITTING WITH MELEE WEAPONS, OR SHOOTING...ALL THREE OF THOSE METHODS WILL GET YOU ON THE BAN LIST..."

Every colonist see's this a multitude of times. The ban stays. This is a no kill PvE server and there is absolutely no room for torture w/o being banned.

Best,

-Weyland
Punching - nope
Melee with object - nope
shooting - just two friends messing around he shot me i shot him we moved on and survived.

Okay let me be specific with this. at no point in time did i ever take part in torturing this man nor attempt to torture this man. as this was taking place i was off on my own looting cars. I am telling you that this ban is a mistake. I was nothing but friendly on this server to everyone i met, i offered food and ammo. i was taking surviving very seriously and did not hurt anyone. unless again your talking about when i shot my friend after he shot me. again we where just messing around but i don't believe it to be that due to the reason that he was not banned. so i would like to receive a specific reason and explanation as to why i am banned via private message

thank you again for taking the time to again look at my ban appeal

sincerely Richie
 #6416  by Weyland

richiebrag wrote:
Weyland wrote:
Hello,

Best,

-Weyland
Punching - nope
Melee with object - nope
shooting - just two friends messing around he shot me i shot him we moved on and survived.

Okay let me be specific with this. at no point in time did i ever take part in torturing this man nor attempt to torture this man. as this was taking place i was off on my own looting cars. I am telling you that this ban is a mistake. I was nothing but friendly on this server to everyone i met, i offered food and ammo. i was taking surviving very seriously and did not hurt anyone. unless again your talking about when i shot my friend after he shot me. again we where just messing around but i don't believe it to be that due to the reason that he was not banned. so i would like to receive a specific reason and explanation as to why i am banned via private message

sincerely Richie
Hello,

Not sure how I can say this differently, you shot someone...you're banned. I don't care what the circumstances were. Learn to read rules and follow them...simple. You don't get to rewrite our rules.

Best of luck,

-Weyland
 #6417  by richiebrag

Weyland wrote:
richiebrag wrote:
Weyland wrote:
Hello,

Best,

-Weyland
Punching - nope
Melee with object - nope

sincerely Richie
Hello,

Not sure how I can say this differently, you shot someone...you're banned. I don't care what the circumstances were. Learn to read rules and follow them...simple. You don't get to rewrite our rules.

Best of luck,

-Weyland
OK then, please explain to me how that was the reason even though my FRIEND THAT SHOT ME WAS NOT BANNED. so please explain to me the logic. please explain to me how you can sit and ban someone who committed the exact same crime as someone else but they go unbanned, how can in any view of this be justice. so lets pick and choose who we punish even if others have who have done the same thing involved in the same situation go unpunished. so please tell me how in your eyes that is justice in anyway so lets see what went on here today

i shot a FRIEND got banned due to that
my FRIEND shot me there is no ban

THIS WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING THAT HAS NOW BEEN CLEARED UP
was that clear enough? let me say it again MISUNDERSTANDING!

I don't care about being unbanned at this point. i don't think that's the issue

at this point in time its the fact that you still have me banned and i understand that even with this misunderstanding i should be banned. OK i accept that. The issue is that you stand by a decision that in no logical sense is correct in anyway. So please explain to me how two people can shoot each other but only one gets banned. Does that make any sense to you or anyone? Its a rhetorical question, I understand there is a no tolerance policy towards violence. i take responsibility of shooting him. but please tell me how you can stand by a banning systems mistake even though i have pointed out many times over that this is unjust towards anyone in my situation

thank you

Richie
 #6418  by richiebrag

I am not trying to rewrite,change or interpret it in anyway. That is not the issue any longer. The issue is that your system is flawed, yet when i point out the flaw you choice to ignore it? no please tell me why i should trust your decision you have no evidence that would dictate me being banned and not him. as weyland has pointed out "CONSIDERING YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE BY PUNCHING, HITTING WITH MELEE WEAPONS, OR SHOOTING...ALL THREE OF THOSE METHODS WILL GET YOU ON THE BAN LIST...". "Not sure how I can say this differently, you shot someone...you're banned. I don't care what the circumstances were. Learn to read rules and follow them...simple. You don't get to rewrite our rules" .so why is he not banned and i am please explain? everything you just wrote you need to take your advise. you do not get to rewrite or interpret the rules for you benefit.
 #6420  by Howiesears

I was curious about the rule set after reading through this discussion, and found an interesting excerpt:
Rules of The Colony

1. Murder
The un-natural death of a colonist will lead to incarceration and legal proceedings. Failure to follow this law will result in banishment of the defendant. Meaning, the character you picked will be permanently dead and a temp server ban will be issued. If you become a habitual offender, temp ban times will increase.

Law & Banishment

1. Failure to accept the responsibility of your crimes that will result in a judicial proceeding, the defendant will suffer banishment.

*The Counsel will be comprised of administrators as well as colonists. Ultimately, they are the law of the land.
If Richie here makes a strong-enough arguement, he appeal should be reviewed by The Counsel. But, of course, Administrators and owners have authority over The Counsel. Hope this helps other colonist who read-through this post, as well.