Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• richie ban appeal

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #6422  by richiebrag

Well i can say that i in fact did not kill anyone. But i have just read the rules for the first time( i will get to that). i will admit to greifing that i did in fact do. but listen to this and understand. Upon entering a new public server in this case yours. if there are rules they are presented to use. as though we are new players we do not know the rules but you did give us 3 rules. no shooting,no punching and no melee with an object and if you do one of these acts you will be banned. Well that's all fine and dandy but because it is a public server the fist thing that people do when they connect to this server(that they don't know if they will like) is not " well lets go look at the website and make sure there are not any other rules. they will abide by the rules presented to them. I am pretty sure you can't be that naive. You can not possibly expect newcomers to play by all the rules when you do not indicate that there are more than just these 3 rules to follow. You can not expect someone who has never played red rover to win when the only rule you presented is "get to the other side" People who are new to the server expect you and your staff to present them with the information needed not to get banned. You may say that you did present it to me or someone new. But you are mistaken. to present this information does need mean i have to search for it. Also not many who are new to the server will. There are always exceptions though. but you can not base what everyone will do what a select few do. I want you to know by any logical standard no justice has been served in this post or any post like it

Thank you for Reading :-)

Richie
 #6426  by Polar

If you could give us your friends steam 64ID we can ban him as well! how your friend slipped through the crack Im not sure. We do not appeal bans due to "we were friends just messing around" and certainly not when guns are involved.

regarding the counsel....

When US3 was first opened it was a closed, private server. At the time it was also a full PVP server, with a ruleset of an overseeing counsel to judge deaths in an RP setting. For various reasons the server changed to an open to the public PVE server with the rules being broadcasted via in-game message traffic.

Thank you for digging up an 18 month old post. We will more than likely move it to the archives!

Feel free to play on US1!
 #6427  by richiebrag

Thank you polar for taking the time to reply. I am not worried about getting unbanned thats not the point. how is it that an admin is not willing to admit a flaw or a solution and no offense to you but a moderator can? The issue is that i was banned and my friend wasn't and then i appeal it and i am not told we will figure anything. An admin was not able to settles something this easy? and i did not look at any post other than the rules. this is all based on what i have experienced. i have asked to get a private message of an explanation. but i was responded with silence. i tried doing this the civil way but no one would be civil with me. I would like an apology by wayland for his rudeness by being passive aggressive on his reply's to my very simple and easily answered appeal. then most likely due to this post i will not be getting whitelisted so i can not play on other servers.
 #6430  by Polar

To my knowledge, which is extensive; being banned on US3 will not affect your Whitelist application. We will ban whitelisted players from US3 without banning them from US2/US1. US3 is very special, as we have a very strict PvE environment. With over 3,400 bans and about 10-25 added each day, we have less than a 2% ban reversal rate. And that reversal is based on a multitude of factors... Time in community, reputation in community, the scenario of the ban, past infractions, ect... An example would be a known Medic taking a shot at a zombie and hitting a player instead. If the shot player was able to collaborate the story, we would than consider lifting the ban. Even than, its not automatic, and can take a few days.

Getting into "we were friends greifing each other" is a rabbit hole that is not supportive of 1) the nature of most DayZ players 2) The time to mediate between parties 3) Basic enforcement of the rules.

Weyland deals with SOO many people on a daily basis, and it takes its toll. I will leave it at that and hope you can understand. I help out where I can, and give a bit more explanation than what he has the time to be able to do...

I was also the Admin that banned you. I am going through the effort of explaining all of the above to you as I admire your Tenacity on the subject. An attribute that I respect. While I admit that I saw the post when you made it, I did not respond because of personal human reasons; huge snowfall canceling work/schools and family concerns to deal with them.

In hoping that this closes the topic, with such hope, I am going to lock it. If you have further questions, please PM me. I am busy, but will do my best to reply to you as timely as I can.