Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• I Made Up Lies and Got Banned

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #4958  by Dreco

I came to this server looking for a home. After following all the steps for the application process to dayzcolony, i was messaged about having too much privacy on my facebook. I was told it was a clear sign that i was a hacker and that i needed to make it more accessible to this server owner or admin, whatever. Finally after compliance I was asked to interview. This person asked me a series of questions , which i answered honestly. I have nothing to hide. When asked if i had been banned on dayz arma 2 mod, I replied with yes. 1 time when the taviana map first came out i was banned for backpack dupe glitch. Anyone knows back in the beginning the mod was buggy and people got banned for stuff that was very non-intentional. I was honest about the situation and this person asked me to teamview my computer for him to prove i could log in and still play. I found this to be intrusive, and after his overbearing efforts with my facebook i simply apologized and told him i would not further my efforts to be whitelisted. His response was that he was going to ban me immediatly. To some this up. the owner of this server who claims quote, " this is not an interview, this is an interrogation" pressured me into facebook invite with "more public" access than i origionally had, twitter following, and now teamview ( remote access to my pc) just to be allowed to play on his server. When i politely said no he banned me. Please take caution with any information this person asks of you. I sense ill intent and will be playing somewhere else where i dont have to give private information.
 #4959  by Dreco

Michelle St Laurent
If you want to get whitelisted you need to have your friends showing as we've had some security issues lately.

Chris Ray
My friends list on Facebook?
Kinda asking a lot for a dayz server white list...

Michelle St Laurent
This is a very big community and when we ban people they like to disrupt our operations.
If you feel this is too much for you I understand. We run a tight ship here and only want our players to have the best experience possible. None of our staff including myself get paid for our services and we take security very seriously.
I'll go ahead and remove you from the project, best of luck in 2016.

Michelle St Laurent
When was the last time you were banned by BattlEye?

Chris Ray
arma 2 dayz mod
accidently duped in taviana

Michelle St Laurent
Banned for what exactly?

Chris Ray
backpack glitch, wasnt intentional

Michelle St Laurent
When was this?

Chris Ray
hmm, years?
Michelle St Laurent

Michelle St Laurent
12,14,14 etc?
it matters
12, 13, 14, etc...

Chris Ray
man, im not sure. it was when taviana was first released

Michelle St Laurent
So you havent played DayZ Mod since correct?

Chris Ray
no no no tongue emoticon
i still played for a long time after that

Michelle St Laurent
Then you must have another account.

Chris Ray
no
i played chenaraus

Michelle St Laurent
BattlEye bans are global

Chris Ray
like i said, it wasnt intentional
yeah i was globally banned from taviana

Michelle St Laurent
BattlEye bans are global meaning, if you have one you cant use that CD Key anymore and have to buy a new game with a new account

Chris Ray
well for me, i was not allowed to play taviana.

Michelle St Laurent
And a ban from 2012 would make DayZ SA not work either
Thats impossible
there is no banning that stops you from playing a map
Its a server ban or a global ban

Chris Ray
well im telling you how i remember it. i was banned from taviana for a backpack dupe glitched that was non-intentional. i was able to play other maps for several hundred hours in the years to follow with 1 steam account that i still use today.

Michelle St Laurent
To remedy this situation/confusion on my end (I know staff at BI so I know how it works) I'll need to TeamView your PC while DayZ mod is started to make sure there isnt a global ban message.

Chris Ray
teamview tongue emoticon
wow

Michelle St Laurent
You said you got a global man

Chris Ray
i mean i get it

Michelle St Laurent
What do you want me to do, just ignore it?

Chris Ray
well i could have said never

Michelle St Laurent
We've never let a hacker in and w/o any way to verify your story its just a story. We get all kinds in here.

Thanks so much for showing interest in our DayZ Colony project. Unfortunately, we don’t allow players with any VAC bans, BattlEye bans, or hacking experience as we believe that once a cheat, always a cheat. We don’t want you to leave empty handed and would like to suggest some other communities! Check out Sons of a Bygone Era, DayZ Standalone Community, Gents of Novo, The Civ, UK Alliance, Blue Waffle Attack Force, DayZRP, Falcon RP, Cell Block C, or WOBO Community Server.
 #4998  by Weyland

Dreco wrote:I came to this server looking for a home. After following all the steps for the application process to dayzcolony, i was messaged about having too much privacy on my facebook. I was told it was a clear sign that i was a hacker and that i needed to make it more accessible to this server owner or admin, whatever.

Finally after compliance I was asked to interview. This person asked me a series of questions , which i answered honestly. I have nothing to hide. When asked if i had been banned on dayz arma 2 mod, I replied with yes. 1 time when the taviana map first came out i was banned for backpack dupe glitch. Anyone knows back in the beginning the mod was buggy and people got banned for stuff that was very non-intentional. I was honest about the situation and this person asked me to teamview my computer for him to prove i could log in and still play. I found this to be intrusive, and after his overbearing efforts with my facebook i simply apologized and told him i would not further my efforts to be whitelisted. His response was that he was going to ban me immediatly.

To some this up. the owner of this server who claims quote, " this is not an interview, this is an interrogation" pressured me into facebook invite with "more public" access than i origionally had, twitter following, and now teamview ( remote access to my pc) just to be allowed to play on his server. When i politely said no he banned me. Please take caution with any information this person asks of you. I sense ill intent and will be playing somewhere else where i dont have to give private information.
I fixed your wall of text for you. Your initial post reads like 8th grade writing. You're welcome!

So lets stop with the deception IMMEDIATELY. You're lying, pure and simple. You said that I said that you not having a friends list visible was said to be a "clear sign that i was a hacker and that i needed to make it more accessible to this server owner or admin."

What was said (you even posted it!) was:
  • If you want to get whitelisted you need to have your friends showing as we've had some security issues lately.

This is a very big community and when we ban people they like to disrupt our operations.

If you feel this is too much for you I understand. We run a tight ship here and only want our players to have the best experience possible. None of our staff including myself get paid for our services and we take security very seriously. I'll go ahead and remove you from the project, best of luck in 2016
Where is there any mention of being a hacker? There isn't, you're lying.

Back to the topic at hand...

You said that when Taviana was released in 2012 that you got a BattlEye Ban for accidentally duping an item. Again, deception...you know it, I know it.

BattlEye Bans are GLOBAL, that's how the system works. That means when you try to login you get this:

BattlEye Bans never get removed and you WILL NEED an additional account with an additional copy of Arma 2 and Arma 2 AO. Victims of CD-Key theft are subjected to the same treatment.

Anyone after 10/2012 that got a BattlEye Ban will also be banned from all games made by Bohemia including DayZ SA, Arma 3, etc. The moral of the story is: BattlEye Bans are forever and serious business.

Thus when you said you had a BattlEye Ban but it was removed and you can play DayZ Mod just fine, you're naturally going to be questioned. To go above and beyond the call of duty we tried verifying your highly questionable story with facts and that's starting DayZ Mod via Teamviewer.

What are you worried about, your IP? We're going to get your IP anyway. You come to TS, we got your IP and record it in-case we need to ban you later on. We can also get your IP from RCON tools when you log onto a server which is also related to GUID and IP bans. IP's are also visible on our forums. Its all security related, we don't want people getting banned and using VPN's to get back in.

This isn't just some bullshit whitelisted server. We're a top 10 community and have a long history in the #1 slot. You have no idea what its like sitting at one of our staff's desks. We get people all the time that can't handle rejection and want to reduce our project to salt. We've been DDoS'd for a week straight over disgruntled colonists as well as other top 10 servers not liking us in the #1 slot.

We want our colonists to have a fun, exciting, mature, safe, and innovative experience. The only way to do that is to have a solid wall of security.

In closing, you're full of shit and a lot of your story appears fabricated. Guys like yourself always reveal themselves, some sooner than others. Thank you so much for being the former. Openly posting conversations from staff, not the best way to get a positive result. You're very immature and act like a 14 year-old kid. What do you think a post like this is going to accomplish? Oo yes sir, let me get right to it sir, let me go over the head of another admin sir. Staff doesn't go over staff's heads that's not how a secure system works.

You were treated cordially and we even offered other communities for you to try. This isn't the service desk at Wal-Mart . Best of luck in 2016!