Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Banned?

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #4578  by Burn The Obedient

Hey all,
As a frequent user of your PVE server, I have always played by the rules. Now I am trying to sign on and it says I am banned for murder. Can you please explain. I have never straight up murdered anyone.
 #4580  by Polar

its not only murder we ban for. we ban for any attempted murder as well. I.E. punching, throwing, hitting.
 #4582  by Polar

not even in self defence. if you get shot or hit. you are to run away, and post the info on our facebook page. but once you are in the logs of taking hostile action in defence or not (we have no way of knowing) the player gets banned.
 #4583  by Burn The Obedient

Ok. Three questions.

If you have logs showing people shooting, then one kills the other, wouldn't it be pretty obvious who shot first?

Why isn't a legitimate argument of self defense reasonable? I mean, you obviously know there are going to be Aholes that kill people because the rules say not to, otherwise it would be like every other server. And that is why you ban people. It seems pretty lame that you would ban someone who argues self defense, has few, if any, kills, and truly is on your server because they want to live with their loot, instead of have it stolen from them.

Is it a permanent ban?

Your server messages only state murder. I only recently found out about the forum from the facebook page. Maybe you should change your server message from just "murder" to "any hostile action" including self defense.

I have never shot someone on your server for no reason. I feel that I played the game per the rules as I knew them. And as such, I am officially requesting that my ban be lifted.
Last edited by Burn The Obedient on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #4584  by Polar

at the current time it is a perma ban. it takes ALOT of time to unban just one person, anywhere from 10-30 min, per person. we do have scheduled messages that post rules every 5min. we do have logs, and could /try and decipher who shot first. but the logs can be incomplete. coupling that with we ban about 200 people a week our /current policy is to ban any violent action, even if friends are 'horseplaying'. the best chance anyone has of being unbanned is to keep a video record, but that is rarely done.

Sorry about your US3 ban. But you are more then welcome to play US1, and to get Whitelisted to play on US2 with a true RolePlaying experience!
 #4599  by Weyland

Burn The Obedient wrote:Ok. What about self defense? What about killing someone who is shooting grenades out of his hands?
What part of KILL = BAN don't you get? :-/