Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Ban Appeal

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #4539  by MrDr Jew Bear

Good morning (afternoon) -

My DayZ user name is: MrDr Jew Bear

On Saturday (January 30th) around 10:00 pm Pacific I was in the the NWAF in DayZ Colony-3 PvE only. While there, my buddy (MrDr Bonias) and I were in the tent area looking for some AK47 clips - when a sniper was shooting at a group of us. During this time, I left the base completely and hid under a tree because I received a phone call I had to take. Within two minutes I heard a gunshot and was dead. I wasn't too mad, as my character was old and I wanted to start fresh. I respawn in Cherno and went to get a drink at the water fountain when I received a murder ban. I don't think I've even fired a bullet in your server, let a lone kill anyone. The only thing I can think of is we have a little fun with the deputies, but I've never robbed, shot, etc. I'd love to regain access to your server, it was the most fun I've had in the two years I've been playing DayZ.

Thanks for you time and hopefully I can resume my trek in DayZ Colony-3 PvE!
 #4542  by Weyland

MrDr Jew Bear wrote:Good morning (afternoon) -

My DayZ user name is: MrDr Jew Bear

On Saturday (January 30th) around 10:00 pm Pacific I was in the the NWAF in DayZ Colony-3 PvE only. While there, my buddy (MrDr Bonias) and I were in the tent area looking for some AK47 clips - when a sniper was shooting at a group of us. During this time, I left the base completely and hid under a tree because I received a phone call I had to take. Within two minutes I heard a gunshot and was dead. I wasn't too mad, as my character was old and I wanted to start fresh. I respawn in Cherno and went to get a drink at the water fountain when I received a murder ban. I don't think I've even fired a bullet in your server, let a lone kill anyone. The only thing I can think of is we have a little fun with the deputies, but I've never robbed, shot, etc. I'd love to regain access to your server, it was the most fun I've had in the two years I've been playing DayZ.

Thanks for you time and hopefully I can resume my trek in DayZ Colony-3 PvE!
If you punched, melee attacked or shot someone, you're banned permanently. Your friend is one of them as I remember his name.

Due to the fact that you can kill someone with a single punch, melee strike, or bullet...these are all considered attempted murder. With the volume of bans we do (approaching 700 in less than 60 days) I don't have the time to differentiate between murder and attempted murder so I just use murder for the ban message.

I've made two mistakes (as the logs are messy) with banning the recipient as compared to the one delivering the blow, but I've caught myself on both occasions and instantly removed the ban. I triple check the ID on every ban. This happened the other night and might have been you. Tried logging back in. If the ban is lifted it was you. If it wasn't you---you either punched, shot, or melee'd someone. If you are in fact banned, its permanent.
 #4548  by MrDr Jew Bear

Thanks for replying.

I cannot speak for my friend, he's is own person. I can tell you for a fact that I have never melee, punched, shot, etc. I was under a tree and was killed, then in Cherno drinking water when I got the notification and subsequent ban.

It's your server, and you're the moderator - so if that's your answer, I'll take it as that.

I just think it's unfair that I've been murdered twice, without ever attacking anyone other than zombies. Yet, I receive a permanent ban as an innocent player.
 #4551  by Weyland

MrDr Jew Bear wrote:Thanks for replying.

I cannot speak for my friend, he's is own person. I can tell you for a fact that I have never melee, punched, shot, etc. I was under a tree and was killed, then in Cherno drinking water when I got the notification and subsequent ban.

It's your server, and you're the moderator - so if that's your answer, I'll take it as that.

I just think it's unfair that I've been murdered twice, without ever attacking anyone other than zombies. Yet, I receive a permanent ban as an innocent player.
Have you tried logging in yet? Also, what does the ban message say?
 #4554  by MrDr Jew Bear

I'll check when I get back for work (around 6:00pm Pacific) if it has changed, but as of last night - it was Murder.

Just to explain with a bit more detail what happened.. I was up there with MrDr Bonias doing a quick run through the hangars before we set out to find a tent and car. When we got to the communication tower, we can hear gunshots and see players in the area with tents. As we approached the tented area, we split off to search for AK47 clips. I went into maybe two of the tents before receiving a phone call, I ran out of the base/tents to the wooded area and hunkered down under a tree unarmed. Maybe a minute to two passed and I heard a shot followed by the dreaded "you're dead" black screen.. Such is DayZ... I respawned in the three houses outside Cherno and made my way to the city. As I got into town, I can see another shootout taking place at the Police Station. I decided to mind my own business and go hydrate. I approached the fountain and saw that MrDr Bonias, Medic (I beleive), and about two others were kicked/banned for murder. That's when I was kicked/banned. I wasn't even in NWAF, I don't know what happened there after I was killed.

Like I said, if your decision is to keep the ban - I'll respect it, I don't like it - but I'll accept it. I've never attacked anyone, I actually don't even think I've shot in your server. It's a very fun community there and I'd love to be reinstated so I can continue to play in it.

Thanks again for taking the time to talk to me.
 #4555  by Weyland

Send me your Steam ID 64 or Steam URL and I'll investigate further.
 #4564  by MrDr Jew Bear

I know you're busy with PAX - Just wanted to see if you had a chance to investigate.

Thanks, appreciate it.