Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Questions about recent ban.

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #4508  by Beastly

Tuesday morning I was banned from us3 for hitting my friend with a canteen by accident, yesterday was my first time on the game and I'm unfamiliar with the controls. The hit did not kill him and it was genuine accident. I'm just wondering where I stand as I purchased this game to specifically play with my buddy that resides on colony us3. It would be a true waste of 35 dollars and again didn't kill him and it was an accident. I would like the banned lifted and a chance to redeem myself. This community seems like a great place to get introduction to the game and to enjoy for many game sessions.

Thanks Beastly
 #4516  by midnightshdw

With all due respect, he's telling the truth. I play with two people regularly on your server (US3), DrunkRussian (The Victim) and his friend and witness to the event (although his name escapes me at the moment). Anyway I have never played with the defendant (Beastly), however I heard about the incident from the victim (DrunkRussian). I know it's hearsay, but Beastly is our friend. I was looking forward to playing day z with him because he's new to the game. They ( the victim and the Witness) were trying to get him used to the controls in the game, I mean he drank gasoline earlier thinking it was water. Then they tried to get him to drink the water out of a canteen and he hit G instead of what they told him F. Hence the act of canteen violence occurred. Now the man deserves a fair trial. And while I completely agree that the act of a crime has occurred. A canteen was thrown at another player resulting in injury or harm therefore directly violating a server rule; thus Actus reus. However, as the defendant claims and I support the logic, he had no Mens rea; that is to say he did not have a criminal intent in doing the act. It was purely accidental. For evidence I quote in his testimony " I'm unfamiliar with the controls" and " it was genuine accident". As well as having both the victim and a witness to the event claim that it was harmless and accidental. Now I'm aware I'm speaking for them, however if you so decide they can testify themselves. I know them both, as does the defendant. I understand the logic that murder is still murder despite intent on the server; however I am of the belief that the violence the defendant is accused of can not be held to the same logic under the surrounding circumstances, and that the punishment was too harsh. All the defendant wants is a fair trial guaranteed to him under colonial law.

"Amendment IV
Criminal Prosecutions
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by The Counsel, which have been ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him/her; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his/her favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his/her defense."
 #4519  by Polar

I have discussed the matter or other admins, and we are still in deliberation. If by chance you have and Video evidence depicting the encounter that will be helpful as well. in the meantime, you are still welcome to play on US-1.
 #4520  by Polar

Beastly, PM sent
 #4526  by Beastly

It was an accident as it was my first day on the game. Also I have noticed that my ban definition has changed to banned for murder when no one has died in my case.
 #4538  by Weyland

Beastly wrote:It was an accident as it was my first day on the game. Also I have noticed that my ban definition has changed to banned for murder when no one has died in my case.
Thanks for stopping by and showing interest in DayZ Colony!

Due to the fact that you can kill someone with a single punch, melee strike, or bullet...these are all considered attempted murder. With the volume of bans we do I don't have the time to differentiate between murder and attempted murder so I just use murder for the ban message. Your story is just that, a story with zero proof. I've got 4,000 hours in DayZ and never once hit someone on accident. You're being deceptive. The ban stays. Any other questions?
 #4549  by drunkRUSSIAN

Hello, I am the victim in this incident, and this was purely an accident. This incident happened within the first hour of Beastly purchasing the game to play with me and friends. We were trying to get him hydrated and energized and he mis-c licked and hit me with the canteen instead of drinking it. There was no damage done, so we continued our survival adventure until he got banned later on. We enjoy playing on your server and we all respect the rules and laws. If you could lift this ban all of us would be very appreciative, and you will never have another incident out of any of us. Thank you for your time and great servers - drunkRUSSIAN
 #4552  by Weyland

Beastly wrote:With regards to proof I can have the victim post. Do you have means to see in the logs who was hit?
The way the logs work with our GSP; MultiPlay, is we get a log every restart and they only go back so far. I do not keep logs.