Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Mistaken? Ban Appeal

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #4505  by BonusChest

This event occurred this morning around 6 a.m. GMT. A couple friends and I were playing on DayZ Colony US-1 (IP: 216.155.143.82:2502) when I was suddenly banned for "Glitching". We were sitting on top of the south hospital in Cherno setting up a safe zone, handing out food/supplies to bambies, and searching for bandits for about an hour. A large squad eventually showed up and immediately took shots at my friends and I. After a long battle, I was the only member of both teams remaining (or so I thought). I looted the bodies, and on my depart from the hospital I saw a fully-geared player stand up on triple- yellow (the really big tower in Cherno). We were taking shots from that location during the time the large squad tried to wipe us out, so I automatically assumed it was another one of them. But even if he wasn't, when you see a geared player on top of a sniper tower, with a sniper in hand, you would assume he was up to no good. So I hid behind a corner and took 2 shots with my blaze. They guy dropped dead and as I went to go check the body I received a kick and an admin ban stating I was glitching. I did not participate in any glitching, duping, or hacking. I was in Cherno in full RP for about an hour helping out everyone that didn't try to KOS. Is there a possibility I was accidentally banned? Or I was mistaken for a KOSer? My friends and I really enjoy playing on this server and plan on applying for whitelist in the near future. Any help or insight anyone could share would be greatly appreciated :)
 #4506  by Polar

Hello, I will talk with the other admins and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #4510  by Weyland

BonusChest wrote:We were sitting on top of the south hospital in Cherno setting up a safe zone, handing out food/supplies to bambies, and searching for bandits for about an hour. A large squad eventually showed up and immediately took shots at my friends and I. After a long battle, I was the only member of both teams remaining (or so I thought). I looted the bodies, and on my depart from the hospital I saw a fully-geared player stand up on triple- yellow (the really big tower in Cherno). So I hid behind a corner and took 2 shots with my blaze. They guy dropped dead and as I went to go check the body I received a kick and an admin ban stating I was glitching.
I was there and watched you and your friends stacking bodies on the top floor of the hospital. I saw someone climb the ladder of the hospital and either you or your friend killed him. Also, the guy on the cement factory wasn't standing because I was watching him. He was laying down and out of your view about 10 feet back from the edge. Completely impossible for you to see him. Looks like a .pbo exploit and I'll be forwarding your information to BI so they can sort it out.
 #4512  by BonusChest

Weyland wrote:
BonusChest wrote:We were sitting on top of the south hospital in Cherno setting up a safe zone, handing out food/supplies to bambies, and searching for bandits for about an hour. A large squad eventually showed up and immediately took shots at my friends and I. After a long battle, I was the only member of both teams remaining (or so I thought). I looted the bodies, and on my depart from the hospital I saw a fully-geared player stand up on triple- yellow (the really big tower in Cherno). So I hid behind a corner and took 2 shots with my blaze. They guy dropped dead and as I went to go check the body I received a kick and an admin ban stating I was glitching.
I was there and watched you and your friends stacking bodies on the top floor of the hospital. I saw someone climb the ladder of the hospital and either you or your friend killed him. Also, the guy on the cement factory wasn't standing because I was watching him. He was laying down and out of your view about 10 feet back from the edge. Completely impossible for you to see him. Looks like a .pbo exploit and I'll be forwarding your information to BI so they can sort it out.
Hi Weyland, thanks for the reply. As I stated before, everyone we killed first took offensive actions against us. Then they would respawn, and try to rush us to get their gear back. I understand how this might look from an outside perspective, but everything we did was innocent and justified. As for the guy on the cement factory, I think I know what happened there. Are you aware of the glitch that causes your character to appear as if he is sliding,crouched, climbing a ladder, or one of several other animations despite what you are actually doing? I believe that he was experiencing this glitch. I've had it happen to me on several occasions, and it has cost me my life on most. You never notice it until someone points it out to you. I've been sliding around before while doing the climbing animation and I wouldn't even notice and neither would a friend, but another friend or player would point it out to me. Vaulting (pressing V) normally fixes the issue. If you haven't had this happen yourself, please ask around and I'm sure you'll find plenty of players who have. Thank you for your time, and I hope we can sort out this misunderstanding.
 #4527  by BonusChest

Have you talked to anyone about the glitch yet? Or would you prefer I find a video where it is exemplified?
 #4540  by Weyland

BonusChest wrote:Have you talked to anyone about the glitch yet? Or would you prefer I find a video where it is exemplified?
Players sitting and gliding yes. Players laying down but standing, no haven't seen it. Do you have proof?
 #4566  by BonusChest

Weyland wrote:
BonusChest wrote:Have you talked to anyone about the glitch yet? Or would you prefer I find a video where it is exemplified?
Players sitting and gliding yes. Players laying down but standing, no haven't seen it. Do you have proof?
It's the same concept. I'll search for a video and post a link here.