Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Ban Appeal

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #4487  by BobbyKyle117

I have been banned from the US-1 non-whitelisted server for glitching when none had been done. My friend and I have both been banned. I believe the two players who reported us were friends of an admin if I am not mistaken.

I plan on explaining the in-game scenario we were in as best as I can, because it is rather sad to get banned from a server you have a history on and met great people on, especially when the ban is wrong.

My friend and I were just in a firefight just north of Cherno when my friend is killed in an apartment building. I scope the apartment out, wait for him to get a spawn and I hand him a gun. We both have mosins, if that matters.

We realize that the player (or players as we found out in engaging in pvp) is in an apartment string with two other apartment buildings directly connected. My friends pushes the apartment they are in from below, while I enter another apartment, go on the roof via a ladder and down the ladder of their apartment.

It was then we had the players bottle necked and had them pinned on a single floor. Here is where they thought we might have been glitching (they said so in-game) -

1. They weren't expecting two players so they didn't think to look above them and only below where my friend was shooting from (likely)

2. They thought we were in some glitch because we had failed shooting through the railing of the stairs, which have realistic gaps to shoot through, but act as a solid wall (maybe they thought we were shooting through walls?)

That is about it. As to my knowledge its not even possible to glitch in apartment buildings, but the admins of the server may know otherwise. Please keep me updated as to whether or not I will have the possibility of being unbanned.

Thanks for your time.
 #4488  by Polar

first i would like to thank you for being civil. as to your friend i saw and read his forum post as well, i will talk to Weyland (head admin) and look into the entire situation. I also saw his posts in the mini-chat. I would like to clear a few things up though. we do have TS for people to talk to the Admins, but for security reasons, only whitelisted players are given access to TS. for his post being deleted, I am not sure what happened with that, and will talk to Weyland about that as well.

I understand that it can be frustrating to be banned from a server that you enjoy, and clearly you do, as I dont see another reason you would take the time to join the forums. Please keep this conversation civil, no matter the outcome. As we work out a solution, we might decide a temp ban is better or no ban at all. But raging like your friend did, does no favors for either of you.
 #4490  by BobbyKyle117

I agree 100% on being civil. I told my friend to not act like a child as it gets you nowhere when trying to accomplish something. Thanks for your fast reply and I look forward to another one regarding the information on our bans. Thanks again.
 #4499  by Weyland

BobbyKyle117 wrote:1. They weren't expecting two players so they didn't think to look above them and only below where my friend was shooting from (likely)

2. They thought we were in some glitch because we had failed shooting through the railing of the stairs, which have realistic gaps to shoot through, but act as a solid wall (maybe they thought we were shooting through walls?)
1. Thats interesting because your buddy claims the opposite. This is a copy/paste of his tirade to me made via PM:
"Dude are you serious I was fucking talking to him he saw me and he was fucking shooting at me."

2. Last I checked there are invisible barriers blocking bullets in that railing.

I trust the source of information. He has never made anything up before and is in beyond good standing with staff.
 #4504  by BobbyKyle117

Hey Weyland, thanks for the reply, but none of what you stated is contradictory to what I posted. What my friend sent you, in a rather rude manner, is in line with what I stated. They were only aware of one players presence, so when I killed the first guy (from above) and they couldn't see my friend peeking below, they likely assumed it was just my friend glitching, when in reality I shot him from an angle they weren't looking.

And I brought up the railing because I didn't know it would absorb bullets like a full wall, so my guess is your source assumed my friend was shooting at him through a wall, when I was trying to land a clean shot in the gap of the railing, where realistically you would be able to shoot from, but now I know you cant.

I suppose reputation and good standing can mean a lot in this instance, especially since no one has video of the incident (that I am aware of). As far as my knowledge of glitches being abused in DayZ reaches, one doesn't exist in the apartment building in which the fight took place.

It can make sense your source thought we were glitching simply because he/they weren't aware I was able to get to the roof of their apartment, and then above them in the stairwell via a connected apartment to the right. So they were only expecting/had seen one of us which was my friend from below.

I hope we can set things straight because I truly do love playing on your server. It provides experiences beyond straight pvp that allow people such as myself to get so much more out of a game they/we love.

Thanks again for your time.
 #4511  by Weyland

One of the players was watching the stairs your buddy said he shot him over. The player in question said there was no dialogue from that person, there was no volley of shots, and there was nobody there. I believe him.
 #4513  by BobbyKyle117

"One of the players was watching the stairs your buddy said he shot him over." My buddy was the guy located in floor under them, he shot over no stairs/rails, and shot the player in the room to the right. I was the player on the stairway above them, and shot the player in the room to the left. Just making things clear as far as who was where, as I have explained before.

"The player in question said there was no dialogue from that person" I cant recall whether or not my friend spoke to them at any point, but I know I spoke once they were dead/respawning and told them there were two of us, one above and one below.

"there was no volley of shots" I attempted to shoot through the railing at a minimum of three tries before giving up and exposing myself more/walking farther down the stairs in order to land a clean shot.

"and there was nobody there" There was. My friend and I.

I honestly don't know how much my friend's outlash on this forum has influenced your potential decision on our or simply even my ban, but I wanted to apologise on his behalf and sorry he couldn't manage to be civil in his endeavour to be unbanned.

In addition, as far as I know, there are no known glitches in the apartment building in which this took place.

I understand as the admin of a private hive DayZ server you reserve the right to ban people for any number of reasons more so than a public hive. I don't understand why you would ban players for a first offense without proof, and based off of someone's word. I sincerely hope I am not coming off as rude, and I am most certainly not telling you how to administrate a DayZ server.

I also understand at this point it really is a matter of his/their word over mine, as there was no video of the occasion in question that I am aware of.

It just ultimately saddens me I have been banned even for this long, as it honestly detriments my DayZ experience. Playing on your server with old and new friends, interacting with other players, including pvp as well as discussion/rp. I clearly care about playing on this server as I have put real thought and time in these posts to attempt to convince you of my innocence.

I don't have much else to say other than that I hope you really consider unbanning me, and if you see fit my friend (and although he is innocent, I understand you not wanting someone who can be so childish playing on your server).

As always. thanks for your time.