Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• ADMIN Impersonator or not?

• Ban appeals and general help
Ban appeals and general help
 #2998  by BountyHunter

I was just playing on your roleplaying colony whitelisted server, during the "open to the public" time. I created this profile and was going to submit an application until...

I was in cherno at around 4:30pm est, next to the supermarket in a small house laying down. I watched a bambi kneeling in the street, then a fully geared guy shoot him in the head with an m4. He then turned toward me, even though it was impossible to see me laying down, and ran into the room I was in and shot me and said "welcome to our server, im an admin... go F&%% yourself"

So, I guess my question is, is this how the "roleplaying" goes? and more importantly, is it possible that he really was an admin, and that's how he was able to use ESP to see me through the walls? I would think you open up your server to encourage new people to check it out, so it doesn't really make sense to do that... could it have been an impersonator?
 #2999  by Ramblin Hans

I can say with almost near certainty it was not an admin. I've been playing here for quite a while and have never known any admins to behave anything like that.

An accusation of someone hacking/cheating is pretty serious, and for colonists there is a specific procedure to register these (not posting forum, facebook posts) FYI. Having the open time is also I believe to somewhat gauge what the state of this type of behavior is, so I'm sure admins will investigate the claims as best they can with the tools they have. I'll PM an admin to alert them to this.
 #3002  by Weyland

1.) I can't control everybody and KOS IS a part of the game. Murder rate here is low and you just happened to around when it happened.

2.) Hackusations need to be directed at staff, preferably through PM, as its the best and quickest way to get an answer.

3.) I would need a lot more details regarding the situation to make any solid claims of hacking. Not only doors can be seen through in the last two builds, but also desync will put your body outside of a building on occasion. If you're near a wall, sometimes your body will morph through it. Hence, we need a lot more details.

4.) This is the only complaint so far and I'm monitoring the server as closely as possible. If this was a legitimate hacking incident I think we might have had more reports already.

5.) It was not an admin.