Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• [GUIDE] Tents

• Guides for the beginner, intermediate, as well as advanced level player
Guides for the beginner, intermediate, as well as advanced level player
 #264  by Weyland

DAY 1: Our research teams are always hard at work finding discoveries and new methods to help guide you through your DayZ experience.

Today we take a look inside Tents and Rules of Persistence. Below is a look at my first tent site. Snug like a bug in a rug.

Before the 0.49 patch tents could only be found in the below chicken shacks. I haven't been to one post-patch and not sure if they spawn tents or any loot whatsoever. You will have to research these yourselves. We have heard reports of tents spawning at castles. Our research teams have not found any tents at any castles.

We can state as fact that tents are spawning inside the apartment buiildings throughout Chernarus. I've looted over 50 of these buildings and have noticed a pattern to the loot table. Tents ONLY spawn in these rooms as seen below.

When on any floor of an apartment building, take a left at the end of the hall and take your second right to find these rooms. The first right will be a bathroom. Using this method will help you move through buildings at a much faster rate than looking in each room.

Tents have 63 slots [7x9]. A Mosin Nagant takes up 21 slots [3x7]. You can put items into vests and the contents will stay after a restart. The high capacity vest in the picture below has an MP5-K inside it. The backpack is completely filled as well. If your looking to acquire a tent you will need a Hunter Backpack or a Moutaineering Backpack as the slots require 6x2.

Do not worry if you go back to your tent and see the contents empty. Just make sure you leave an empty slot or two in your tent so that you may drop an item into it to make your inventory reappear.

If you take a backpack out of a tent, your tent inventory will show a backpack still inside of it. To put it back in just drag your backpack to where it says 'Tent' on the top left and it'll return your pack.

You can pitch a tent on a slope with half the tent inside the ground with zero effect.

Do not attempt to pitch a tent on the below rocks. Your tent WILL get eaten.

Stay tuned to this thread as I will update it as time goes on. Thanks for stopping by and hope you found this guide helpful.

EDIT: DAY 2

In the above pic of my tent contents, after a few restarts my Mosin moved up one grid of blocks and the tent ate both vests, the soda/grenede/and both ammo blocks of 762. Also, some contents of the Hunter pack were missing. I had an fireaxe inside and it was in a different spot which tells me Inventory Tetris is an issue with tents.

Going to try putting the Mosin on top, no backpacks and no vests with items inside of them. I will also leave many available slots open.
 #266  by Filthy Snuffy

Hey man! After 4 hours of looting the apartments north of Cherno I managed to find a tend. Filled it up with some shit and waited for the server to restart simply to see if the tent would still be there. It wasn't... So I lost the tent. What server are you using that allows your tent to stay through restarts? Would really appreciate an answer..
 #342  by Weyland

Sorry for the late reply. That build i particular wasn't the greaest for persistence and tents. The latest build [0.50] works rather well and haven't lost anything yet.