Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• New to game and have questions:

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #6127  by Corn

Currently I am working on my graduation project, and it takes most of my time when not working. With that in mind, I could use some assistance, it seems like all the stuff I need to know is in different locations. If I can get these questions answered it would be big help.

#1 How or what is the link to get on the white-list?
#2 How do I get access via FB...my real name is Todd Garibay
#3 How do I tell what my sever name is...I found the server because it said PVE rather than PVP. (I have never cared for PVP MMORP games.)
#4 Is it me everyone. When I log in, my character is in combat mode...he is constantly punching. Sometime to get the character to stop punching I have to lay down or eat/drink something. Even worse, when I log into the game from time to time, I seem to have lost equipment. Lost my MP5 that way with a silencer on it....I have lost equipment at least 2-3 other times....over the past week. Maybe I am doing something wrong when I log out to cause the equipment drop.
#5 Any advise for the new guy...?
#6 Finally, the TS info....and how to get registered.
#7 Bug related --> murder. I had a can of gas in my hand yesterday, and when I opened a door my character drank the gas. He kept drinking the gas, and I was really sick. As I continued, no matter what I did he would drink the gas. (Yes I am sure, even when the option said to due a certain task, he drank gas instead.) So, I jumped off a cliff to re-spawn. When I re-spawned, my wife asked me a question, so I hit my esc button...when I came back some guy was hitting me. (Also when I came back my guy was also throwing those punches. Not the first time.) I tried to run from the guy, but he killed me. How can I check game logs to see who killed me? How can I be sure the guy was banned? Also, I warned the guys on the server today about my murder and to watch out...for the murder.
#8 Yes, I know the game is still in beta, and i do expect bugs. So far, I am starting to get the game mechanics down. I also understand that bugs can get you killed....It happened already I climbed to a ladder when I arrived at the top.....I was suddenly falling off the top of the building to my death. I lost some nice gear, but no big deal thats to be expected in beta.
 #6128  by Polar

#1 http://www.dayzcolony.com/whitelisting/
#2 is part of #1
#3 when you launch the game look at the bottom right (think its the bottom right) whiteish lettering clicking on your name allows you to change it, if you havent its probably your computers name or your steam name.
#4 I only join a server punching if I join a server without closing the game completely, like after a server restart. its a bug that seems to have started with the .60 build
#5 there are some tips that can be found here viewforum.php?f=14
#6 TS is available once you are whitelisted
#7 dont drink gas! more importantly that last I heard vehicles are not using gas so there is no reason to store gas. but that might have been the last build (I dont fuss with vehicles to much). Only admins have access to game logs to include finding out who killed you. however if close enough to someone you can 'check their pulse' which will give you the persons name. If you check your chat / server messages settings, you have the possibility of seeing players getting kicked/banned from the server in the instant it happens. But there is no current function for players to see the current ban list of servers.
#8 The game is still in alpha, and yes bugs can be really annoying. but being part of the process /can/ be fun as well. you can also report the bugs to help them get flushed out.