Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Survival tips?

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #5456  by Merkums

Hey guys, ive been playing for well over a year and still can't seem to survive long. Especially when trying to collect good loot. I've always been a lone wolf since I cant find anyone to play with. I am always killed on sight, even when i try to be friendly and give people guns/ammo or vests. Can anyone help? Ive seen people running around in groups of like 5-6 people but i cant even seem to find 1 friendly person, even in servers thats supposed to be "no KOS". I mostly play on the US-1 Server, but cant even find anyone that will roleplay, they just shoot me when im trying to get gear.
 #5457  by GreyBeard

I suggest that you get on TS and try to get to know some people. (Assuming that you're white listed.)
 #5461  by Merkums

Is there a way to know when i am approved for the whitelist, I did all the required steps yesterday and filled out the app.
 #5462  by Ivan Reshkov

Hey Merkums,

Michelle St. Laurent will usually make a post on the Colony FB page when he is doing interviews. Follow his instructions to set up a quick interview and he'll send you through the steps.

Good luck!
 #5502  by SnakeByte89

Hi there! If you haven't been accepted into the Whitelist and want to get it processed sooner, you should log into the server's TeamSpeak and try speaking to one of the Ambassadors or Weyland about getting your application finished up.

That aside-- For survival tips, I double up with the suggestion of getting to know people on TeamSpeak. -- As you start to familiarize yourself with the map you'll find yourself likely wanting to trade gear at some point. If you can find the city of Vybor, you'll find the Pinkerton Trading Outpost, one of the main locations in the game for advancing your character if you have stuff to trade.

Backing it up a bit further, if you are new to the game in general, then I strongly recommend that when you spawn, you look for the nearest road and set of houses. Loot the first few houses and -EVERY- broken down car you find on the road. (Cars hold more food and water loot to rid yourself of hunger and dehydration.) -- Then once you've got a basic weapon and some food and water, you will travel down the roads until you find a city. Take the time to look at the sign at the City, take in the Russian spelling, then I suggest looking at the DayZ Chernarus+ Map that you can find here: http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

This Map will help you grreatly in giving you ideas of where to find loot and such. -- This is also a great way to navigate until you find an actual Map in-game. -- In which you can set your map to a hotkey and then pull it up and see where you are in the world. -- As time goes on you'll meet people, learn about certain looting areas, and the dangers of travelling to those areas. -- You still have to learn some things for yourself, but I'm sure you'll do fine.

I hope you find what you're looking for here. -- I haven't been around this community very long but I am rather attached already. Great people, great game, great playout. Also the bonus of Roleplay if you're into it. :)
 #5505  by MadVlad

As useful as the online maps are, I say don't use them yet!

Embrace the feeling of being lost, exploring and navigating using an in game map or compass.

Many say it and I fully agree that I would love to go back and relive the moments of starting out in an unknown land of Chernarus.