Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Varying degrees of panic

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #5131  by Morgan Castle

Not sure where this is supposed to go, so if a mod or admin could move it that'd be swell.

Tried to log on a few minutes ago to join some friends playing on the server (US-2 if it matters). Friend weirded out, said he was a fresh spawn for some reason. I log on to check, I'm a fresh spawn too. I recalled that Weyland said something along the lines of "if this happens, log out and wait 20 minutes or so", but while I did that my friend experimentally tried relogging. He came back as a fresh spawn again, spawned elsewhere this time.

I'm panicking at the moment because my friends and I had just completed a decent loot haul yesterday or so, and I'm legit hoping we did not just lose all our stuff.

Can a server admin clarify what the present situation is?
 #5142  by Weyland

Morgan Castle wrote:Not sure where this is supposed to go, so if a mod or admin could move it that'd be swell.

Tried to log on a few minutes ago to join some friends playing on the server (US-2 if it matters). Friend weirded out, said he was a fresh spawn for some reason. I log on to check, I'm a fresh spawn too. I recalled that Weyland said something along the lines of "if this happens, log out and wait 20 minutes or so", but while I did that my friend experimentally tried relogging. He came back as a fresh spawn again, spawned elsewhere this time.

I'm panicking at the moment because my friends and I had just completed a decent loot haul yesterday or so, and I'm legit hoping we did not just lose all our stuff.

Can a server admin clarify what the present situation is?
There was an attack on the Central Hive. All should be fixed.

If you do log in as a fresh spawn, log out as quickly as possible. What happens is when you're not connected to the Central Hive, you get issued a new character. If you stay too long and actually connect to Central, you'll get your old character over-written with the freshie.

Hope this helps and keep us posted!

:-D
 #5149  by Morgan Castle

So, sad news, I was logged in while the DDoS was going on and apparently somehow the Central Hive picked up my presence, because my precious gear all got eaten. Likewise with a friend.

Good news, life goes on and we've gotten back along and gotten moving, and recovered fairly well (I think). The worst thing I lost was a camping tent I was carrying at the time, and I think/hope Pinkerton might be able to help me with that, assuming I carry along enough tradeables.