Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Newbie questions

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #4277  by Spicoli

hey this is Korvi Ricomucho. I have played pretty much only today for a few hours. I was just wondering, I have come across one person so far, was nerve racking but we went our separate ways but I haven't seen one zombie. Are there any in these servers? Also every place I have come across has been completely looted. When are the resets or how often do they happen? I almost starve because of this. I have traveled pretty far so that isn't the problem.
 #4278  by DKmintz

There's a couple different systems in play here.

There are no zombies on any server as the current patch has them removed due to performance. They should be back with the next patch which we should have before Christmas hopefully.

The loot is respawned by the server during play and doesn't require a restart to respawn loot but restarts happen every 12 hours. There is loot out there I can't suggest anything other than keep looking!! If you are starving, there are many apple trees around the map. Try to identify one and feast away! I know cans of food have had their respawn rate reduced (this is fully in control of the developers, not admins) but if you feel adventurous have a go at gardening. Myself and many others resort to that when food is scarce.
 #4279  by Spicoli

Awesome, thanks for the response. This will help.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk