Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• [RULE] Loot Farming/Cycling

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #4093  by Weyland

For those of you that unaware, loot farming aka loot cycling is a game breaking exploit and a bannable offense...no questions asked. We have watchdogs that observe hot zones and we NEVER ban unjustly. Mission critical is getting it right and not banning w/o just cause.

So what is loot farming or loot cycling? This is how it works...

You take items out of their spawn points and drop them outside so new items respawn. People do this individually or will commonly use a backpack to get the job done quicker. Even though Hicks said backpacks despawn after 4 hours, he's wrong. We've had backpacks stay for several weeks.

In the past we've seen dozens upon dozens of backpacks at high value area like Veresnik Base, NWAF, or Myshkino tent city stuffed with items. This creates a heavy server load and almost destroyed our project. Our servers needed hourly restarts and is the main reason why US-2 has such a small population as colonists got frustrated and left the project.

I know what you're thinking, well if I don't put the items in backpacks, how is this still a bannable offense as the items will despawn on their own? The mentality is what we're concerned about and its just a matter of time before backpacks get used and we're back at square one again. DayZ Colony's mission statement is we want colonists to play DayZ the way it was meant to be played, not looking to cut corners with game-breaking exploits.

With SA being in Alpha development, the road to power is short and power is indicative of corruption. Get all your gear, get bored, and heroes change skins and the murder rates soar. This is exactly what we're trying to avoid here and I watched this become an epidemic in the mod. In the mod, the road to power was much longer and the murderous end-game was several months instead of a few hours.

Stay busy, interact, and if you can't find what you're looking for...put up a trade request, go on an adventure looking for others camps. Do something, anything other than manipulate bugged in-game mechanics.
 #4095  by TRUXTUNATOR

On the note of game-breaking exploits what about the double door glitch that occurs since the .58 update this glitch occurs when a house spawns with two doors in one frame. Which then causes the house to have a ton of loot inside it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 #4097  by <666>Slave

Terrible times, these loot farmers want stringing up.
Though I wouldn't say the road was longer on the mod for the killing rampage. It was well easy to find an Enfield, which was my favourite gun. That mosin ain't half bad either :D
 #4098  by TRUXTUNATOR

ChroniclyInsane wrote:Never heard of this double door thingy. Have a pic??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just from one i found yesterday but its all over the dayz community on reddit will post when im home

#4100  by lank3033

The double door glitch you are speaking of simply occurs at a few spots on the map where houses are inside each other for some reason. Its not a glitch you can produce elswhere other than where the double houses already exist.
 #4104  by TRUXTUNATOR

lank3033 wrote:The double door glitch you are speaking of simply occurs at a few spots on the map where houses are inside each other for some reason. Its not a glitch you can produce elswhere other than where the double houses already exist.
Right but my thought was since its a hugher than usual loot spawn with increased chances of rare loot is it tainted or can we take it

#4106  by TRUXTUNATOR

ChroniclyInsane wrote:You can take whatever loot you want. Just never pick it up. Drop it 50 feet away and return to said house and wait for loot to spawn. This is called cycling and weyland will eat you if you do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotcha just figured id bring it up