Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• A few questions if you have time to answer.

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #3768  by Braver

Hail fellow survivors. It would seem in my haste and excitement during the interview process, I forgot to ask a few critical questions and I was wondering if some of you would be good enough to field them for me. If I remember correctly, US1 is the open rp/pvp server, US2, is the whitelist only rp/pvp server with persistence, and US3 is the pve/rp server with events. If I am right about that, on to the questions.

#1. I know name changing is frowned upon. I cannot remember the name I signed up with, but if my forum name is Braver, I am guessing that's it. Can my in game name differ from my forum name? I need to know which one to use and stick with.

#2. I suppose this question applies to both US1 and US2, but probably leans more towards US1. Say I decide to RP an insane cannibal. Adventures ensue, I am eventually shot and killed. Can I change my character at will? I don't mean typing in a different character name, but simply changing my in game "RP" name and persona and play as a hero? I guess in a nutshell, can I change rolls and persona's without consequence or are characters to be RP'd as you initially created them at all times? I know in US3 you only get one life to live, memories and that character snuffed out forever if killed... which is awesome.

#3. Do you have to donate to play in US3? I have no problem with this, as I planned on donating anyway, but I am asking this question for a couple other people as well.

#4. Do you need permission to record video in any server? Or does this only apply to US3?

That's all I can think of for the moment... I'm sure I've forgotten something, but if it comes to mind, I'll just ask away. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and answer my inquires. See you in game.
Last edited by Braver on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #3773  by Weyland

Braver wrote:#1. I know name changing is frowned upon. I cannot remember the name I signed up with, but if my forum name is Braver, I am guessing that's it. Can my in game name differ from my forum name? I need to know which one to use and stick with.
Braver is the name you applied with.
Braver wrote:#2. I suppose this question applies to both US1 and US2, but probably leans more towards US1. Say I decide to RP an insane cannibal. Adventures ensue, I am eventually shot and killed. Can I change my character at will? I don't mean typing in a different character name, but simply changing my in game "RP" name and persona and play as a hero? I guess in a nutshell, can I change rolls and persona's without consequence or are characters to be RP'd as you initially created them at all times? I know in US3 you only get one life to live, memories and that character snuffed out forever if killed... which is awesome.
We prefer colonists to stick to a specific play style on US-2. Reason is, we have PW protected colony sub-forums and can't have someone a Bandit on Monday and a Hero by Friday as I'd have to change forum PW's 24/7. US-1, feel free to change up at will.
Braver wrote:#3. Do you have to donate to play in US3? I have no problem with this, as I planned on donating anyway, but I am asking this question for a couple other people as well.
The quickest way to access US-3 is through becoming a donor. There are ways to gain access, but they do not happen over night. Full info on that can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1839

as well as here:

http://www.insidedayzstandalone.com/us-3/
Braver wrote:#4. Do you need permission to record video in any server? Or does this only apply to US3?
The only time you need to make a reservation for recording is if you want a certain area at a certain time on US-3 to be empty. Anywhere else, feel free!