Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• A lot of respect lost for a big DayZ streamer..

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #3593  by Buckurk

Just lost a whole lot of respect for the streamer "TeHJamJar". A few weeks ago he had Hicks in his stream and he was doing some serious boot licking, talking along the lines of "if you don't like the state of the game play something else" and "Hicks is doing a wonderful job creating such a great game" etc etc. So tonight I decided to give his stream a watch while I was in the bath and for 15 straight minutes just bitched about the game, and I mean slamming it in every single way, whilst also being a huge hypocrite. About 90% of his content on YT is him having gun battles with no interaction. But then moans about people just looking for gun fights on the coast.

So I send a message in chat with these exact words "The saltiness is real, cheer up spud DayZ isn't that bad". While he reads my message he crashes his truck into a tree, and blames it on desync. Then, when Echo asks him what's so funny he accuses me of telling him to "shut up DayZ isn't that bad" then I get timed out for 600 seconds for being "disrespectful".

Hicks has consistently said throughout the DayZ process that at times, there will be patches released that make the game annoying or not fun to play, if you don't find it fun take a break until the next patch.

It really annoys me that certain streamers seem to get preferential treatment and support from the devs, but then are quite happy to bitch about the game and the devs that they get special treatment from.

As far as my outlook on DayZ is, you have to roll with the punches and adapt when things change. When 0.55 came out everyone cried about it so hard, but now after a few weeks... Everyone loves it. I know this is a bit of a random rant, but things like that really annoy me.

What does everyone else think about the state the game is at the moment and where it is headed?
 #3596  by Buckurk

Hugely! One of the biggest hypocrits i've ever come across. He makes his money from playing DayZ yet cries about it like a little girl. Poor ol' Jam being forced to play DayZ.

Someone said they'd request a black metal song but it might scare his views away and he replied "they'll leave anyway if I stop playing DayZ"
Fucking loser!
 #3597  by Weyland

Buckurk wrote:It really annoys me that certain streamers seem to get preferential treatment and support from the devs, but then are quite happy to bitch about the game and the devs that they get special treatment from.
This is exactly why I don't like Hicks anymore. He's always jocking these scrubs that are honestly a dime a dozen. :cry:
 #3685  by Cluelesshobo

People are going to bitch and moan about shit they don't agree with. It's his damn problem he got an early access and doesn't like the UNFINISHED STATE of DayZ. It doesn't make yourself look good if you just rip the product (That is unfinished) with bad criticism .
(Edit: I didn't fully understand that streamer until the post under this one)
Last edited by Cluelesshobo on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #3689  by ButterPuddleonPC

This is for Buckurk, listen kiddo JamJar streams for a living and 99% and his fan base is base on DayZ SA. Have you ever seen him when he plays CSGO? He drops down to half the count of viewers as he would if he was playing dayz. Buckurk you're not a streamer and you don't know how hard it is. That's the only way he gets viewers is if he plays DayZ, how would you like it if you had to play dayz day after day week after week. Posts like this show how ignorant people are about Twitch Streamers thinking is sooooo easy.

-Butters
 #3690  by Cluelesshobo

I know how hard It can be to own a YT channel or live stream for a living, be honestly you should be playing games that you god damn well enjoy. You shouldn't let other people decide what you play. If people don't like the content you prefer to produce, then fuck them, there not the fan base you want. You should find people who enjoy the stuff you make rather the fuck tards who want to force you to do the same shit over and over.
 #3692  by ButterPuddleonPC

So your a YouTuber or streamer then? You're obviously not cuz you wouldn't have that "fuck them" attitude. They are streaming/making videos to entertain people. Of course there's always going to be people like you that they can entertain no matter what they do. Also does he not have the right to complain I mean he is only human correct? Plus it's his stream and if he wants to bitch he can, you don't want to watch him there are hundreds of other streams you can go watch. There always going to be people like you on the internet, it's sad.
 #3693  by Cluelesshobo

@ButterPuddleonPC
ButterPuddleonPC wrote:
So your a YouTuber or streamer then?
I am not a Youtuber or a streamer, I just understand how much effort it takes to produce content.
you wouldn't have that "fuck them" attitude.
That "fuck them" attitude is for people who don't enjoy your content. I don't see the point of "getting more views" from people that only support 1 thing you do. And the 1 thing you don't even like. Imagine yourself recording a game you hate, but that's want your viewers want to see. You record about 2-3 hours of gameplay, now you have to edit the video. Sync your audio up with your face cam. That process took you about 2-4 hours depending on the quality you wanted the video. Now you have to upload your video to YT and that takes a long time to. And for what? You spent your whole day making a video for a game you hate for people who are begging you to make.
They are streaming/making videos to entertain people. Of course there's always going to be people like you that they can entertain no matter what they do.
Yeah but what i'm trying to say is what's the point of making videos of stuff you don't want to do, if people are forcing you to play games you don't like then that shouldn't be your fan base. I'd rather watch someone who a bright personality then someone who is colorless because he/she is forced to do the same shit that people want them to do.
ButterPuddleonPC wrote:
Also does he not have the right to complain I mean he is only human correct?
I never said he shouldn't complain about stuff he doesn't or does enjoy, just from what I've read in the comments it sounds like he really doesn't like DayZ. My post about bad criticism is irrelevant with these newer posts, it was 5 am when i posted that and it's something i most likely pulled out of my ass.
ButterPuddleonPC wrote:
Plus it's his stream and if he wants to bitch he can
Yeah I understand that but from what I read the reason he bitches about DayZ is that people are forcing him to play something he doesn't want to play anymore. That was the who point in my above post.
ButterPuddleonPC wrote:
There always going to be people like you on the internet, it's sad.
Could you specify what kind of people? Your post can lead to many interpretations unless you state what it is clearly. And what would be sad about it?